Sponsored

Cabin noise louder after dealer worked on car??

Yesper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi everyone,

I have had my 16 mustang gt for over 2 years now with the MBRP street exhaust installed since the start. I have never had an issue with the noise in the cabin before, but after taking my car to have work done on it at the dealer recently I notice the exhaust/engine/transmission sounds much louder. The best way to describe it is that I can hear the engine/exhaust/transmission in the cabin almost as if it was right next to me like there is no barrier to stop the sound when cruising at a constant speed. Also, I notice more heat coming by the gas pedal and have had friends say they feel a lot of heat on the passenger side. I had to have something with the AC unit replaced where the center console unit was taken out for the repair and I'm not aware of anything else that was changed on the car. Maybe I'm going crazy and nothing has changed, but I wanted to check to see if anyone has heard of something like this before or if I should go back to the dealer with this problem. Thanks in advance or any help.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
First thing to do.....take it back to the dealer and let them know there’s an issue... before there more issues! I wouldn’t ask here!!!!

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yeah, sounds like a firewall plug is missing...

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Heat shield under the car removed?

OP
OP

Yesper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to go back to the dealer and explain the issue to see what they say.
Sponsored