Sponsored

CA guys, considering the GT350 intake, but will I have to swap it back to smog?

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
That's pretty much what is keeping me from getting longtube headers. May have to cancel my gt350 intake manifold plans if that's the case. I know I wont have to smog for 5 years, but after that, you gotta smog every 2 years. Cold air intake is one thing, but swapping intake manifolds each time would be a pain. :(
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish I had an answer. Subd in the hopes someone else does

Horde5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The Warchief
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It really depends on the smog technician. They do a visual check and will violate you for a CAI or almost anything they see that isn't stock. If the computer doesn't complain and if the tech doesn't spot it you will probably be fine.

The GT350 manifold looks almost like stock so I would expect that to pass if you put the covers back on but the fancy airbox might draw some attention.

You could also use the next 5 years to make friends with a smog technician.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Don't let that stop you from maximizing what you want from your car...from what I hear is all you have to do is find a smog technician who is cool and pay him a little extra to get that passing rating. That's what I plan to do as I plan on adding headers as well.

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
Don't let that stop you from maximizing what you want from your car...from what I hear is all you have to do is find a smog technician who is cool and pay him a little extra to get that passing rating. That's what I plan to do as I plan on adding headers as well.
This. Try and make some friends in the car scene over the next 5 years. By then you should know someone that knows someone who can pass you. My buddy has an s2k and that thing definitely wouldn't pass. I plan on enjoying my car as much as possible so I'm just going to mod the hell out of mine.

Sponsored

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
An average inspection isn't necessarily going to know the difference between a stock GT manifold and the GT 350 manifold. So as long as you install the factory CAI or an carb approved CAI with a visible E.O. Tag and the tune you are running has all the emissions turned on you should have no problems passing. Just to be on the safe side I would keep your stock parts just In case.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Most tunes today allow you to pass the ready tests even if you have no cats. It won't pass the sniffer though but are they still doing that? Longtubes would fail on a visual but the GT350 manifold is stock. As long as it is calibrated correctly it should pass.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
You might have a chance with a Ford-emblem manifold. Everything aftermarket is going to have to have an EO tag on it. But the GT350 mani should not affect your smog results at the 1500 and 2500 RPM levels that they test.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
find some Vietnamese guy with a smog shop and hand him a few more bills
Sponsored