C8=S650 Tell Ford What You Want

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So now that the world has seen the new C8 and the GT500 we get to compare and speculate. So while we wait why don’t we give Ford some ideas?

What do you want in the new S650?

Aluminum body panels?
Heads up display?
Getting rid of AM on sync input screen?
Flex fuel?
Base Drag car option?
Traction control modes?

Anything goes except if it starts with 7.3.

Let’s help those Ford engineers out a little.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Base model
DCT trans
DSSV suspension
ugly steel wheel
backseat available for $1
passenger available for $1
5.2 600hp All Motor. (they already make an aluminator 580hp 5.2 squeeze 20 hp from somewhere.)
make it 3200 pounds max.
19x10.5s 305s on all for corners.
Any color you want as long as its black! (ode to Henry Ford)

NO AWD NO HYBRID that craps too heavy!!

Make it ugly make is fast. Being fast never looks bad LOL.

Oh and not a damn penny over $50k

Think of it as something like a Ford Mustang version of a Z28.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Don't cancel it.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Lighter, smaller, bigger glass with better outward visibility, and a DCT.

But let's be logical; Mustang and Corvette are not competitors.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lol @ 600hp & 3,200lbs for $50K. The C8 is 495hp & 3,600lbs for $60K.

I would like to see a smaller and lighter S650. But that does not generate sales. Horsepower does.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol @ 600hp & 3,200lbs for $50K. The C8 is 495hp & 3,600lbs for $60K.

I would like to see a smaller and lighter S650. But that does not generate sales. Horsepower does.
Its a mid engine car that cost a fuckton more to design and develop than some mustang.....

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Base model
DCT trans
DSSV suspension
ugly steel wheel
backseat available for $1
passenger available for $1
5.2 600hp All Motor. (they already make an aluminator 580hp 5.2 squeeze 20 hp from somewhere.)
make it 3200 pounds max.
19x10.5s 305s on all for corners.
Any color you want as long as its black! (ode to Henry Ford)

NO AWD NO HYBRID that craps too heavy!!

Make it ugly make is fast. Being fast never looks bad LOL.

Oh and not a damn penny over $50k

Think of it as something like a Ford Mustang version of a Z28.
I can't tell if you're joking, trolling, or just dumb. None of that stuff will make it into a car that costs less than $50k, and stripper models with all the go-fast stuff is not something Ford does any longer. Getting the car down to 3200 pounds would cost astronomical amounts of money. The DCT alone seems to sticker for $20k, from what I've read, and DSSV suspension would be unobtanium in volume. Good luck hitting CAFE standards with a 600 HP engine at 5.2L and make it affordable.

But why couldn't they be?
Because they're completely different classes of cars. One is a Sports Car, and one is a Grand Tourer, or as close to a GT car as we get in the US. The Mustang punches above its weight class in terms of being sporty, but it's NOT a sports car. In the end, they're designed for two very different purposes, fit into two very different cost categories, and while they may compete somewhere on the Venn Diagram of car buyers, there's likely little cross-shopping of Corvettes and Mustangs, simply because the Mustang is predominantly a $25k - $40k car with a (relatively usable back seat), while the Corvette is $60k - $100k, with no back seat. Mustang competes with Challenger and Camaro, and to a lesser extent, the M2, 370Z, and FR-S/BRZ. Corvette competes with the Boxter/Cayman, 911, F-Type, M4, etc.

JR

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
being as realistic as i can here.
-heads up display
-don't add anymore weight (remove if possible)
-aluminum body panels
-more carbon fiber upgrade options (make a CF hood an available option for example)
-keep the price levels about the same
-3.5l ecoboost
-premium shaker stereo should be standard with a better system as an up-charge

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't tell if you're joking, trolling, or just dumb. None of that stuff will make it into a car that costs less than $50k, and stripper models with all the go-fast stuff is not something Ford does any longer. Getting the car down to 3200 pounds would cost astronomical amounts of money. The DCT alone seems to sticker for $20k, from what I've read, and DSSV suspension would be unobtanium in volume. Good luck hitting CAFE standards with a 600 HP engine at 5.2L and make it affordable.

Because they're completely different classes of cars. One is a Sports Car, and one is a Grand Tourer, or as close to a GT car as we get in the US. The Mustang punches above its weight class in terms of being sporty, but it's NOT a sports car. In the end, they're designed for two very different purposes, fit into two very different cost categories, and while they may compete somewhere on the Venn Diagram of car buyers, there's likely little cross-shopping of Corvettes and Mustangs, simply because the Mustang is predominantly a $25k - $40k car with a (relatively usable back seat), while the Corvette is $60k - $100k, with no back seat. Mustang competes with Challenger and Camaro, and to a lesser extent, the M2, 370Z, and FR-S/BRZ. Corvette competes with the Boxter/Cayman, 911, F-Type, M4, etc.

JR
I dont think you read the 1st post......

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...One is a Sports Car, and one is a Grand Tourer, or as close to a GT car as we get in the US. The Mustang punches above its weight class in terms of being sporty, but it's NOT a sports car.....
giphy.gif

I have been saying this for years, until I'm blue in the face. Mustangs are NOT sports cars, they're Grand Touring cars. And I think people would be enjoying their Mustangs more if the really understood what they're supposed to be, rather than having unrealistic expectations.

Seriously, more people need to take 1000 mile cruises in these cars, to see what they're best at doing.

And trying to turn them into drag-cars? Jesus.....it's like trying to polish a turd. You're starting with the wrong car for what you are attempting.

But, whatever. It's your car, enjoy it as you will.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.