C8 just got crushed and humiliated by the GT500

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
So, which would you actually buy... a C8 or GT500?

I think you are looking at around $100k for a decently optioned car (either one). For that kind of money, I'm going to go for a 2017 Porsche C2S. I would consider the C8 if it were not so damned ugly. The GT500 is really cool, but is too big and heavy for my taste and isn't a convertible (if it has a top, it has to have 4 doors).

If you don't own one of these cars, these bragging right threads are like a biggest dick contest using somebody else's dick.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just stopped by c6 VS section. Those ding dongs are still trying to make it sound like the zl1 has a chance in a drag race.:crackup: My dudes give it up! Talkin about glory passes like thats gonna save em. Drag racing is simple. The car with the best power to weight. Usually wins. Just cross your fingers and pray you can hang on a road course.

Last edited:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
So, which would you actually buy... a C8 or GT500?

I think you are looking at around $100k for a decently optioned car (either one). For that kind of money, I'm going to go for a 2017 Porsche C2S. I would consider the C8 if it were not so damned ugly. The GT500 is really cool, but is too big and heavy for my taste and isn't a convertible (if it has a top, it has to have 4 doors).

If you don't own one of these cars, these bragging right threads are like a biggest dick contest using somebody else's dick.
It depends on what a person can afford. The C8 is $59,995 to enter. The price goes up when you add things. But from the start it is a huge difference in price. I am tempted to buy one. But I think I want to wait just a little longer. The GT500 is out of reach for most. But the performance is there. So for a person who wants the better performing car, the GT500 is the best choice. I was tempted to buy one. Then I wasn't. Then I was again. Now I am somewhere stuck in the middle of the two. I'll probably end up with a C8. The price is hard to walk away from.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It depends on what a person can afford. The C8 is $59,995 to enter. The price goes up when you add things. But from the start it is a huge difference in price. I am tempted to buy one. But I think I want to wait just a little longer. The GT500 is out of reach for most. But the performance is there. So for a person who wants the better performing car, the GT500 is the best choice. I was tempted to buy one. Then I wasn't. Then I was again. Now I am somewhere stuck in the middle of the two. I'll probably end up with a C8. The price is hard to walk away from.
I configured one with the Z51 option and suspension, better interior and some exterior upgrades and it came out to $84k. With shipping, deaIer charges and sales tax, I'm pushing $90k. I would be real surprised if many are sold even close to $60k.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I configured one with the Z51 option and suspension, better interior and some exterior upgrades and it came out to $84k. With shipping, deaIer charges and sales tax, I'm pushing $90k. I would be real surprised if many are sold even close to $60k.

Yeah, I think there's very few buyers for a base model, entry level, non-Z51 C8. Sure, a few folks here will carp about how it's "only $59K", but do you really want to leave out slick tech/safety/convenience features, and not have the nicely improved handling? Are you buying it __just__ for the [claimed] 0-60, and if so, you'd be better off with a Tesla ...

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Yeah, I think there's very few buyers for a base model, entry level, non-Z51 C8. Sure, a few folks here will carp about how it's "only $59K", but do you really want to leave out slick tech/safety/convenience features, and not have the nicely improved handling? Are you buying it __just__ for the [claimed] 0-60, and if so, you'd be better off with a Tesla ...
I just built what I would would want, it came to $76,680. Z51 2LT with magride and G2seats with Napa leather.
E1E8BEAD-E978-4762-A493-093D6551D671.png

now i built a GT500 the way I would take came to $80,465 with tech, handling package, stripe with Recaros.

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I just built what I would would want, it came to $76,680. Z51 2LT with magride and G2seats with Napa leather.
E1E8BEAD-E978-4762-A493-093D6551D671.png
Beats my build. I took the 3LT, though. My son ordered one and his came out to right about $80k delivered (plus sales tax). His is not in the first build. They haven't given him a date yet.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
This threads retarded. Ford finally released the numbers and the fanboys are back to comparing halo mustang #s to a BASE trim C8.

Wait until the Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR1 comes.

Keep drinking that koolaide. Only thing Ford has in the same league as a C8 is their 450k GT.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Quicker in the 1/4 and faster around a road course. So unless you believe being cheaper or winning races across an intersection make the C8 superior i'm not sure how you arrive at the "false" conclusion.
I'm not sure where you got that it's faster around a road course.