Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I just went to pick up the Dec issue and only the November issue is in the stores. The cover story is America's best against Germany's wurst. The funny thing is, the GT500 beats the Corvette they used in all 3 key aspects shown on the cover:

3.8 sec for the GT500 / 4.0 sec Vette
660 bhp GT500 / 460 Vette
$54K GT500 / $58K Vette

C&D again proves it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

While C/D is becoming a piece of superhype and liberal trash, it's ludicrous to think that those three aspects fully define the driving experience. The Vette walks all over a GT500 for drivability and dynamics, but that's okay--completely different segment. Consider the Chevy a budget Ferrari, and the recent Mustangs more in line with being budget BMW 3s or Audi 5s, which are great benchmarks to use...
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I just went to pick up the Dec issue and only the November issue is in the stores. The cover story is America's best against Germany's wurst. The funny thing is, the GT500 beats the Corvette they used in all 3 key aspects shown on the cover:

$54K GT500 / $58K Vette

Saw it on the stands... page 42-45...4 big pics...nicely done but not worth getting hyped up over...no interior renders...same write-up as on their site...
I'll/I'd wait 'til the real one hits the covers of every magazine in a few months.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
While C/D is becoming a piece of superhype and liberal trash, it's ludicrous to think that those three aspects fully define the driving experience. The Vette walks all over a GT500 for drivability and dynamics, but that's okay--completely different segment. Consider the Chevy a budget Ferrari, and the recent Mustangs more in line with being budget BMW 3s or Audi 5s, which are great benchmarks to use...
Why did they pick the base model Vette instead of the Vette with a similar price point? Who picks these comparisons?

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Why did they pick the base model Vette instead of the Vette with a similar price point? Who picks these comparisons?
There is only one level of Corvette currently. This was a "base" model optioned with Z51, etc. There will be a Z07 version in a year or so. Still, it appears that the Vette did very well against a 911 costing twice as much, winning the comparo (although the scoring system was flawed in regard to pricing).

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I don't understand why some people are upset about what Car and Driver did.

This is what modern journalism is in the era of the 24 hour news cycle and social media. It's not about accuracy or getting it right. It's about getting it out there before everyone else and taking advantage of the attention before the story recedes in the wake of some new story.

Print media especially will do anything and everything these days since they are struggling.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score

$54K GT500 / $58K Vette

A gt500 is not a good all around car, the vette beats it by far (as far as all around car goes)

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
If the 2015 looks anything like this for 40K ..... I'm definitely in.
Aston_martin_vanquish_(7494022674).jpg

sgt d

Threads
Reaction score
early predictions were exactly that but it has obviously gone of track. I had a vantage and told my wife that if the new mustang carried those same lines then I would have them both parked in the garage......... short story, got rid of the vantage..lol

Sponsored

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wow, NOT digging that rear overhang, it's about a foot too long - looks like an Olds 98 from the 70s. (Ok that is a bit of an exaggeration...) I thought this car was supposed to be getting significantly smaller, sure doesn't look that way.

The new M235i is starting to look like a better option for me. Will hold judgment until I get a real world siting.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Wow, NOT digging that rear overhang, it's about a foot too long - looks like an Olds 98 from the 70s. (Ok that is a bit of an exaggeration...) I thought this car was supposed to be getting significantly smaller, sure doesn't look that way.

The new M235i is starting to look like a better option for me. Will hold judgment until I get a real world siting.
Maybe a little smaller, not significantly. I am holding my judgment until I see the real thing too.. I have yet to be impressed by anything more than the skill of the artists, except for the body kit photoshops.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Sadly the first 2 cars I think of when I look at the rear quarter panel of the C&D Render are Not Mustangs...

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Guys, whether it be the C&D or Chaz's renderings, it won't be quite the same once the final product is revealed. Without absolute measurements and real lighting to highlight the car, it's a crap shoot. The renderings are a good "ball park" idea of what to expect. Chaz has it better than C&D, no doubt. Don't get too hung up on these, but know this is the best direction to go in until the unveil.

Boomer Mustang Fan

Threads
Reaction score
The hood vents seem to be in the same area as the covered front end spy photos, but the dash looks like the retro and not like what we saw on the interior spy photos. Either way, this is a very nice looking package.
Sponsored