460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Also
Any belt holster from 3 to 6 o’clock will give you problems in a bolstered seat, IWB or OWB.
I’d consider appendix IWB but be certain your safety belt rides “below” your barrel. Nothing like your weapon smashing against your insides during a wreck.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
When I had my 03, I kept mine between the passenger seat and center console. In my truck, in the oversized cup holder. It’s perfect for the pistol.
Much easier to grab in case it’s needed, and way more comfortable.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I conceal and carry… ever since someone tried to carjack me, I always C&C now. That being said, I prefer outer-waist-band (OWB) than inner (IWB) and the side bolsters complicate that.

Have you guys that C&C found a decent solution? Lately, I’ve just been placing my 19x in the console or side pocket.
My buddy went thru this last year. He was in his 2017 corvette Z06. Fits tight in seat, uses owb and said glad he did. When pulled into drive way thug walked up and pointed gun at him. Told him give him all his money. He tolk him ok its in my back pocket , he came around with his 45 and thug started back peddling and fired a shot that went into the door. My buddy got one off s well. Long story short got the thug, 17 year old, Cops were able to find him and arrested / convict him.
He felt better knowing the thug couldn't see his weapon and he wasn't making any sudden moves as the thug good viewing advantage.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
When I had my 03, I kept mine between the passenger seat and center console. In my truck, in the oversized cup holder. It’s perfect for the pistol.
Much easier to grab in case it’s needed, and way more comfortable.
This is the most universal solution. This approach yields consistency and will work in just about any vehicle you get into.

I'm a fan of simplicity and repitition most of the time over optimum but inconsistent.

I've always complained that the jackass OEM's create a space between the seat and the console that's just big enough to eat cell phones but too GD small to fit a man sized hand or arm between them. It means having to fully stop to get your cell phone if it drops.

However, one benefit is that almost ALL vehicles feature a perfect space for a Remora style sticky holster. I reverse wedge it, which means I can get a right hand purchase on the sidearm sitting normally, without having to bend or lean and can draw just as fast (if not faster) than IWB (especially when you consider clearing a shirt).

You can mount magnetic mounts and do all sorts of stuff, but if you can't replicate that approach in rental cars or every vehicle you ever drive, it just adds to training complexity of having to remember which technique you'll use during stress. Admittedly, there are SOME vehicles that it won't work, but they're few and far between.

Additionally, I can go through the fast food drive through and no one will be any the wiser I have a sidearm next to me and available (not that a drive through is a threat, just demonstrating the position is pretty well concealed from all but people who would lean over your windshield and look through (which is no one really).

It also allows me to calmly relocate the firearm into my console without the tell tale turning and movements that make most trigger happy cops nervous or irritated. (I'd much rather gently move it someplace it will probably never be an issue than have an officer walk up on me and either spot it or me have to declare it).

Whatever you choose that's best for you, do it often, do it the same, if you ever need to employ your weapon in violence, you'll have the rest of your life to get it right, which might be shorter than you'd like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
My buddy went thru this last year. He was in his 2017 corvette Z06. Fits tight in seat, uses owb and said glad he did. When pulled into drive way thug walked up and pointed gun at him. Told him give him all his money. He tolk him ok its in my back pocket , he came around with his 45 and thug started back peddling and fired a shot that went into the door. My buddy got one off s well. Long story short got the thug, 17 year old, Cops were able to find him and arrested / convict him.
He felt better knowing the thug couldn't see his weapon and he wasn't making any sudden moves as the thug good viewing advantage.
Back in 2007, a couple of thugs followed me home as I was driving a brand new M-class. When I got out, there they were.

My OPSEC is always to sit for a second now, scan the door and the surroundings and ready myself and sidearm before automatically just getting out and getting stunned by someone standing there with a gun in my face.

Learned that lesson once… it also taught me to reduce shrubs and trees around the doors of the home.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Also
Any belt holster from 3 to 6 o’clock will give you problems in a bolstered seat, IWB or OWB.
I’d consider appendix IWB but be certain your safety belt rides “below” your barrel. Nothing like your weapon smashing against your insides during a wreck.
Fred, I envy you. I’m also a CA resident but live in a county where getting a permit is not remotely possible. The sharp increase in crime and boldness of these pandemic era thugs has me always on my guard to protect myself and family making me wish all the more I could legally carry.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Fred, I envy you. I’m also a CA resident but live in a county where getting a permit is not remotely possible. The sharp increase in crime and boldness of these pandemic era thugs has me always on my guard to protect myself and family making me wish all the more I could legally carry.
The Central Valley really isn’t a part of California ;-). If you get pulled over here you are automatically checked for a current CCW. If you do not have one, you are issued a fix it ticket.
I have a real funny story about visiting San Francisco in the late 80’s or early ‘90’s. FANNY PACKS FOOL NOBODY. They were a red flag you’re carrying 30 years ago and they still are. I used to strike up conversations with complete strangers using a fanny pack for CCW. “So, what ‘cha carryin? Are you a 9mm guy or 45acp?” Used to embarrass the wife.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302