Sponsored

Bye guys thanks for all the help but I got a...

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The 1LE's do look great and I like the styling. As someone said the ride is a bit harsh for my liking.
Sponsored

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Obviously this is just my opinion, if you love the styling then you bought the right car for you. But I think the sales numbers tell the tale. The chassis, engine, etc is very good in the Camaro. No doubt about that and I preferred it to the PP1 Mustangs I have driven. But I think GM knew they made a mistake on the styling and then made it worse with the 19 refresh which went over like a lead ballon. They have tried to course correct in 2020, and it’s better, but I think they should have done more. I think the ZL1 1LE looks the best to me and I really considered one until I test drove a 2019. The ride was way too harsh to drive on bad roads like we have here where I live and that’s where the GT350 shines. With magnetic ride and Fords programming they nailed it for the street and track. The 350, for me, was a big leap over the PP1 and has as good or better driving dynamics as the Camaro with, to me, better looks and a much more livable cabin.
Ya different strokes different folks no prob with a ,350. The 1le does have magnetic ride and in comfort it works really well on daily roads. Not sure about the zl1. On track setting it's too much but after all it's meant for a track. And ya sales numbers lower on Camaro and I love the fact. Every other car is a mustang either it be someone performance orientated or the grandma across my street that just wants to look cool. I'm glad it exists but those grandma's aren't buying camaros because it has more performance. They just want a "cool" daily driver they can get groceries and their grand kids up front easily. There's a whole lot more of those people wanting a cool daily driver then they want a performance machine with the shortfalls of daily convenience.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
heh, not tried to put much groceries in the trunk yet, have you...
Actually last night was the first time ha. And ya I didint have any issues. Though I don't typically buy the 5 Foot brontasarous thigh like I used to (kid). If I had young kids, a bigger family, this wouldn't be the car. Then again we got a 09 mazda6 that's our local grocery getter. I almost got a Corvette so that's kinda describes my needs as a daily.

Had a rental Camaro at one time. First sit in the car and I was like wo this is impossible. But after driving it for 10-15 minutes it was just another car. Adjust the mirrors and it's set. I ended up with the mustang after that. Eventually went full circle

Last edited:

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Nice car. I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I've also had 3 mustangs. Nothing really wrong with my 16 GT. I just want something different with a little more torque for a DD. I have been looking at Challenger SP's and Camaro's for over a year and keep flip flopping which one I prefer. Heck I can't even decide on the exact color and trim I want. If I went with the Dodge, its either a loaded scat, wide body or 1320 in dark red, gold, F8 or Cinnamon. If I went with the Chevy, most likely an auto SS in garnet, rally green or orange. I do like the looks of the 1LE except for maybe the blacked out hood, but they only come in manual and are a bit pricey. I did find a guy selling an 18 SS in hyper blue with ceramic interior with only 700 miles on it. He is asking 33k and it sounds like a great deal. But it is also a manual and he is a good 8 hour drive away. From what I hear though the manual in the Camaro is the best of the big 3. The main reason I don't want one is I really like the remote start since I will be driving year round and don't have a garage at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Nice car. I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I've also had 3 mustangs. Nothing really wrong with my 16 GT. I just want something different with a little more torque for a DD. I have been looking at Challenger SP's and Camaro's for over a year and keep flip flopping which one I prefer. Heck I can't even decide on the exact color and trim I want. If I went with the Dodge, its either a loaded scat, wide body or 1320 in dark red, gold, F8 or Cinnamon. If I went with the Chevy, most likely an auto SS in garnet, rally green or orange. I do like the looks of the 1LE except for maybe the blacked out hood, but they only come in manual and are a bit pricey. I did find a guy selling an 18 SS in hyper blue with ceramic interior with only 700 miles on it. He is asking 33k and it sounds like a great deal. But it is also a manual and he is a good 8 hour drive away. From what I hear though the manual in the Camaro is the best of the big 3. The main reason I don't want one is I really like the remote start since I will be driving year round and don't have a garage at the moment.
If you want a manual, by all means get it. The gearing is setup well on the car so it deals with traffic really well, and the clutch is not that heavy, its a very daily use able manual. The auto is really good on the cars as well. For 33k for a 18 1le SS, thats so much bang for buck. The 1le does not disappoint. I took it on some switch back canyon runs this weekend and I am completely in love. If your the type that always wants better handling, or likes to push your car through a canyon, this thing really rewards and will put a sht eating grin on your face. BTW the hood is wrapped in black vinyl, if you dont like it you can pull it off yourself.
I had remote start on the stang (Was an auto). I barely miss it. Sometimes it was cool to start to find my car, but its such a feature I could easily live without and feel no real disadvantage. I dont live anywhere near snow.
I really dont know much about the Dodges. I looked into a challenger scat pack as well, but felt the seats in the car sat a little high for my liking. So far, almost 1k miles on the camaro and I dont regret a single part of it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The dodge 6MT reminded me of the MT82. The car drives "big" and with the picnic table of a dash just feels huge. The seats don't have bolsters and so it's easy to slide around. I don't like that. The handling pack option is a definite must have but on balance, the Mustang is just so much more 'right'. The SS/1LE is more 'right'er still.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
If I got the Challenger, I would definitely get the auto as its supposed to be one of the best around and shifts super quick. For me since I live in NW Ohio, 95% of the roads are straight and you have to really look or go on a road trip to find some curves in the road. I like the fact that you sit higher in it too as its easier to get in and out of and I am getting older. The trunk space is huge too if you ever have stuff to move. I'm not sure but I bet you could fit 4 wheels with tires in the trunk, good luck trying that in the Camaro. From what I hear the Camaro seats don't have a lumbar adjustment either. I do like the look of their interior with the ceramic seats though (the Challenger doesn't offer white) and the tan looks decent too. From a price point, the Camaro should be the cheapest since they tend to have better discounts and I could use the 2k conquest for owning a Mustang too. But I would have to get some all season tires to replace the summers for the Camaro plus a winter set for either. If I were to stick with a stang, no need as I already have a set. But my warranty recently ran out and it will soon be time to start replacing things like tires and brakes, ect. if I end up keeping it much longer. I really hate to give up the 0% interest too.
Sponsored