GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I AM reluctant to do this right now as this may well turn legal - its actually not the money or the product - but the principle here
Name and shame is the only way they'll respond, I did this to AM after waiting 6 months for them to send me the correct part. I ended up getting the correct part and a refund :party:
Sponsored

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I think you just named them Graham!

So it is AM - who are actually owned by a company called Turn5 inc..

...however IF you buy anything from them "internationally" then it seems you are actually contracted to purchase from a delivery company called i-Parcel -

i-Parcel are part of the UPS group

I have sent a message to the founder of AM and the CEO of Turn5 inc.- Steve Voudouris, as the rest of his company dont seem to give a flying sh1t!

Lets see if he bothers to respond

as per above - Guy at Nemesis from now on!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
iparcel are a fulfilment company the same way as amazon acts as a fulfilment company for independent traders.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting for Guy to respond to the email I sent 6 months ago :crying:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'm still waiting for Guy to respond to the email I sent 6 months ago :crying:
that would have been right when they were moving units best off just chasing him on the website live chat thing

Sponsored

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
iparcel are a fulfilment company the same way as amazon acts as a fulfilment company for independent traders.
Whoever they are - they are very very good at "passing the buck" - neither party want to know if you have a problem - as it is always ..."the other company's responsibility"

All in all (apart from Graham :frown:) deal direct with Guy at Nemesis and all will be ok!

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever they are - they are very very good at "passing the buck" - neither party want to know if you have a problem - as it is always ..."the other company's responsibility"
Both AM and I-parcel are STILL passing me back to each other - and neither will tell me when the order will be sent to me - ridiculous!

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE - I just got an email cancelling my order! after 2 months! and all this hassle.

Basically they ARE STILL advertising goods for sale that they have not got! they take your money anyway though!

Do as you like - but I will NEVER EVER order a single thing from American Muscle - or their partners I-Parcel again

- I have pointed out that taking money by deception is fraud in UK law (or even theft) - but I am sure they will continue to do it anyway - because they dont give a shit about their customers it seems!

The stuff I ordered is still on their website for sale - they just dont have it and appears that they never will...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
We're a very small market. I imagine they care about the opinions of their domestic customer. But maybe not...

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
American Muscle use UPS internationally. I’m in Canada and bought some jacking rails for about 200 but the shipping was 60! Not surprised as you pay up front. This is better then having your Package held up for UPS brokerage fees. UPS are famous for that scam. AM probably has a dedicated shipping line for UPS packages which is why orders are filled fast. It is what it is and mistakes are made due to speed. Remember these are car accessories and not vital cancer medication so keep it in perspective. Also many times they screw up on the commercial invoice and give you some BS excuse cause they can’t be bothered to explain. Don’t ask me how I know...

I put up with this as I can’t find that product anywhere in Canada. It arrived no hassles at my door. Even if you got another courier company to pick the shipment up from AM they would probably send it UPS internationally anyway. For what it’s worth my American friends get free shipping but here in Toronto just across the boarder it’s the 60 buck shaft, but I don’t hold this on AM, I blame UPS! I sent two packages with the largest courier company in Canada (not UPS) to the States and Italy earlier this year and both were delivered by UPS. So there you go!

I sympathize and just use CCs as you can always get your money back.

Pony777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
V8 Manual Ruby Red
There are a few internet sites that we all checkout and buy parts and accessories from -
but I thought it was worthwhile making everyone aware of some facts - through my own experience of one of the biggest ones.... (for legal reasons I have left out all company names)

When you place an order with a well known American renowned and reputable muscle car parts site - all international deals are in fact with a totally different company altogether (a mailing company) - so your contract to purchase is with them and not who you thought you were buying from.

I found this out the hard way - I placed an order several weeks ago - for an item that turns out to be out of stock (despite my receiving an email reminder that it was now "in-stock")

- I queried it - I was told that they couldn't help - as my order was, in fact, with a different mailing company .... they - in turn pointed me straight back to the the well known Muscle car parts and accessories provider. so I was then stuck

Several emails later with the well known muscle car parts provider customer service department - no dice - in effect ...."your contract to supply is not with us".

As you can imagine I was (and still am) a little annoyed, confused and angry about all of this! and still was being passed back, by the mailing company, to the well known muscle car parts provider - every time

I suggested that a discount on any further purchase might be a nice goodwill gesture from them ... I was then told in no uncertain terms that there will never be ANY discount offered to any international purchaser...ever!

So - just a word of warning here - check who you are actually buying from, ensure that they give a sh*t about customer service and hope for the best that you actually receive the goods in a timely manner!

I have bought from them before with no issues BTW

Rant over!
So why are American Muscle being such boneheads ???

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So why are American Muscle being such boneheads ???
...Because they dont care about you - unless you are in the USA. simple as that. I even had an email from their supposed "head of customer service" stating that "they cannot expedite, track or discount any international orders" - they dont give damn! better buying from someone else (unless you actually live in the USA) - I guess you are in Australia? - therefore "international" as far as AM are concerned! :facepalm:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
...Because they dont care about you - unless you are in the USA. simple as that. I even had an email from their supposed "head of customer service" stating that "they cannot expedite, track or discount any international orders" - they dont give damn! better buying from someone else (unless you actually live in the USA) - I guess you are in Australia? - therefore "international" as far as AM are concerned! :facepalm:
Try to get a friend in the US , I have brought a few bits from the US and they have arrived ok, but that was a few years back. what I find bizarre is why some items can be shipped overseas and some can't , like the fuel filler cap, it comes in a small box and is not very heavy, but they will not ship to the UK. But they were very helpful in getting a load of different bits delivered to a hotel in the US, so can't really knock them if you are in the US

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Larry - I actually have quite a few friends in the US - but I am afraid the precedent is set now

AM can go take a hike! they wasted my time and money and have customer service that is a joke - they actually dont care about their customers - pathetic!

Bob
Sponsored