Sponsored

Buying an aluminator have a couple questions......

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Does it come with the engine harness? And If it does is it only the manual version?

I have an auto and I'm guessing I'm gonna need to take the old harness off the motor. I'm assuming everything should match on up?

I'm looking for specifics.........

Does the new version come with the boss style oil cooler? (Coolant lines through where the oil filter goes)

I'm selling my old motor but don't want to give up any parts I'm going to need for the new one.
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I bought one, but I let my shop handle all the logistics. Unless someone else chimes in, I'll ask tomorrow to see what came with it.

terryj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic California Special
You will need to swap the engine harness for the auto. Not sure about the oil cooler. Mine is still sitting in the crate.

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
How bout the flywheel?? Someone told me they are different between manual and autos.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
How bout the flywheel?? Someone told me they are different between manual and autos.
I can't speak for the Aluminator, but it shouldn't be different. I ordered a Ford racing crate motor long block without intake and harness. It was advertised as having a pressure plate for a manual, and when it arrived it had a flex plate for an auto. I called FR and they apologized, but said the motor is no different and all I would have to do is put a manual harness on take the flex plate off and bolt down a pressure plate. The only difference is the bolt length. The flex plate uses shorter bolts. Anyway engine runs perfect no snags with my swap.

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
personally i dont think the alluminator is going to be much better then the stock motor, i have had 3 alluminators, i also went through the whole "no OPG" fiasco with Ford on my last one....i got one from the batch that was suppose to have them in it and didnt....the rods are better yes and so are the rod bolts, until Ford puts a steel sleeve in the alluminator i think its a lateral move....ive personally wiped out a 9.5 supercharged version alluminator at 883 wheel hp.....you can make 750ish on a stock 15 motor and have it live....im about to do a sleeved shortblock with I beams all arp etc etc for the same $10k an alluminator costs....i also did what you did selling my complete stock motor to help cut down the cost of the alluminator....i did this in 2013. sold my stock 2013 longblock for 3500 added 4300 and got me the alluminator at the time for 7800....they have since gone up in price...i know some have made big power on stock engines and also alluminators but imo its the block that is the weak point....ive gone 9.40 at 146 with my stock 15 engine pn e85 and just a 3.48" pulley on the JT Trim No Lower....I am turning it up soon with a 20% lower and probably a 315 upper.....i suspect ill be making close to 950 wheel and without sleeves it doesnt really matter how good the internals are if you crack the block...this time im taking the money and doing the built short so i can throw whatever i want at it and have peace of mind.

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Allkheinz, I followed both your cars, very impressive. That said I looked into building mine. Through mmr would've been 8-9k and from what I've read they are hit or miss. Livernois think started around 12-14k. I'm trying to make 1000 rwhp. I tried telling livernois I'm just some guy doing everything out of my garage. I dont have sponsors or anybody paying for my build. They first started telling me it'd be around 18-20k.

I need a money tree.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
personally i dont think the alluminator is going to be much better then the stock motor, i have had 3 alluminators, i also went through the whole "no OPG" fiasco with Ford on my last one....i got one from the batch that was suppose to have them in it and didnt....the rods are better yes and so are the rod bolts, until Ford puts a steel sleeve in the alluminator i think its a lateral move....ive personally wiped out a 9.5 supercharged version alluminator at 883 wheel hp.....you can make 750ish on a stock 15 motor and have it live....im about to do a sleeved shortblock with I beams all arp etc etc for the same $10k an alluminator costs....i also did what you did selling my complete stock motor to help cut down the cost of the alluminator....i did this in 2013. sold my stock 2013 longblock for 3500 added 4300 and got me the alluminator at the time for 7800....they have since gone up in price...i know some have made big power on stock engines and also alluminators but imo its the block that is the weak point....ive gone 9.40 at 146 with my stock 15 engine pn e85 and just a 3.48" pulley on the JT Trim No Lower....I am turning it up soon with a 20% lower and probably a 315 upper.....i suspect ill be making close to 950 wheel and without sleeves it doesnt really matter how good the internals are if you crack the block...this time im taking the money and doing the built short so i can throw whatever i want at it and have peace of mind.
When you say you blew your aluminator does that mean your broke a rod or piston or did you crack a cylinder into the water jacket?

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
crack a cylinder into the water jacket?
this is what happened

imo getting an alluminator that might only hold another 100 hp with luck wouldnt be the best option....its a fantastic option if you wanna make 750ish and live long and happy because stock motor imo is on borrowed time even at 750.....750 to 800 is the safe limit with an alluminator....u can make glory dyno pulls and stuff fosue and maybe get some tack passes in but its a matter of time....$10k into a shotblock and using the oem top end with some better valve springs would be my call and its exactly what im doing...

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Allkheinz, I followed both your cars, very impressive. That said I looked into building mine. Through mmr would've been 8-9k and from what I've read they are hit or miss. Livernois think started around 12-14k. I'm trying to make 1000 rwhp. I tried telling livernois I'm just some guy doing everything out of my garage. I dont have sponsors or anybody paying for my build. They first started telling me it'd be around 18-20k.

I need a money tree.
Interesting.

I have a customer that runs 8.60s@157 with a Livernois shortblock, that cost him approx $9500. Sleeved, and very good internals.

Throw that shortblock under the '15 heads, with some billet OPG and Timing Gear..and that's an easy 1000hp set up all day long.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
this is what happened

imo getting an alluminator that might only hold another 100 hp with luck wouldnt be the best option....its a fantastic option if you wanna make 750ish and live long and happy because stock motor imo is on borrowed time even at 750.....750 to 800 is the safe limit with an alluminator....u can make glory dyno pulls and stuff fosue and maybe get some tack passes in but its a matter of time....$10k into a shotblock and using the oem top end with some better valve springs would be my call and its exactly what im doing...
Just wondering how an aluminator would hold up with billet water jacket supports since thats what brett lasala runs and is going 8.20's. But im sure he has better intermals than an aluminator but no sleeves just running supports.

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just wondering how an aluminator would hold up with billet water jacket supports since thats what brett lasala runs and is going 8.20's. But im sure he has better intermals than an aluminator but no sleeves just running supports.
i think there is a jpc 1200hp car or 2 with just supports still living so that might be an idea...i still rather supports then none but i rather a sleeved block over all options.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Interesting.

I have a customer that runs 8.60s@157 with a Livernois shortblock, that cost him approx $9500. Sleeved, and very good internals.

Throw that shortblock under the '15 heads, with some billet OPG and Timing Gear..and that's an easy 1000hp set up all day long.
:cheers: And we expect to have some more of our engines going much faster soon! :thumbsup:

There are a lot of options for doing engine builds, and our default will always be to quote what is actually needed first, and if it's out of the reach of the customer, educate them as to what trade offs might need to take place to fit in the budget. We've engineered just about every possible upgrade there is for a Coyote, so we know when these upgrades become a true requirement, and at these levels many people are discussing, pretty much all of the upgrades should be used.

Now, we do have engine offerings that are more budget friendly than a full sleeved, gusseted block, and they have their place in the world of upgrades too, but they have their limits as well. So long as all of the truly important items line up, meaning goals and design limits, then budget, while it needs to be on the list of concerns, should not do too much of the decision making. It's always more expensive to do things twice, cheaply, than once correctly.

OP
OP

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
:cheers: And we expect to have some more of our engines going much faster soon! :thumbsup:

There are a lot of options for doing engine builds, and our default will always be to quote what is actually needed first, and if it's out of the reach of the customer, educate them as to what trade offs might need to take place to fit in the budget. We've engineered just about every possible upgrade there is for a Coyote, so we know when these upgrades become a true requirement, and at these levels many people are discussing, pretty much all of the upgrades should be used.

Now, we do have engine offerings that are more budget friendly than a full sleeved, gusseted block, and they have their place in the world of upgrades too, but they have their limits as well. So long as all of the truly important items line up, meaning goals and design limits, then budget, while it needs to be on the list of concerns, should not do too much of the decision making. It's always more expensive to do things twice, cheaply, than once correctly.
I've heard you guys build solid motors. You were my first call as I could've drove and dropped the motor off at your door.

Your guy also told me stock heads won't flow enough to make 1000 rwhp. Thought I've seen a few guys with stock heads making over a thousand.
Sponsored