Sponsored

Buying a ford buyback gt350

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Weird, usually the buyback cars are CPO.

RAV Buy Backs are never CPO... they are Lemons, whether the Buy Back was a collateral swap or a complete refund to satisfy the prior owner’s displeasure and exit from a problematic vehicle. In order for Ford to have that car back on their lot, it has to be repaired and there has to be a document that outlined what was repaired.

I’m not sure where the misinformation is coming from, but a Ford vehicle with a Lemon’d title will never be resold on a Ford lot as a “CPO”, nor will it ever have any other warranty than the 12/12 (edit: and/or remaining 3/36).

Another thing to note:
If a Ford Buy Back occurs in a State where a vehicle and its title are branded a Lemon, some States will not allow the resale of a Lemon by law. Ford’s way around this is to pick up the vehicle, move it to a State where it can be resold, repair it and throw it on a Ford Dealer lot. After a Lemon is taken back, it could go to auction, but must be bought by a buyer from a different State IF it cannot be sold in a State that prohibits the sale or resale of a Lemon’d vehicle.

For those that don’t know, Ford also gives the Dealership who is facilitating the initial Lemon transaction money for taking the collateral back.

Ford is not loosing money on RAV Buy Backs.
0155D9E4-1793-460B-82AE-EDB02C1A758A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A Ford RAV Buy Back on any Ford nullifies the original factory warranty and there is ONLY a 12/12k warranty, period. The Ford Dealer cannot offer any other warranty, as that 12/12 is mandatory by Ford Corporate. The selling Dealer must disclose the vehicle was a prior Buy Back and the B-pillar on driver side will have a Ford Buy Back disclaimer.

I’m not sure if the OP can even get a Ford ESP on it, because once it’s a RAV Buy Back the VIN is flagged as a Lemon. The OP might be able to source another external warranty company, but again the VIN is flagged as a Lemon (title is too).

OASIS will show the VIN as flagged and that it only has a 12/12 on it. It will also show any prior repair history (warranty or other repairs) only IF the vehicle was always serviced at Ford.

Folks have purchased recycled Lemons before, but only if not concerned about future resale OR trade in value. Both private and retail buyers shy away from any high end vehicles with title issues (lemon branding).

What’s the VIN?
In that case, I wouldn't touch it. Wow.

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
On buy backs you still have extisig factory warranty remaining
"all Ford Buy-Back Vehicles come with the balance of the original factory warranty or a 12-month/12,0000-miles warranty, whichever is longer."

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On buy backs you still have extisig factory warranty remaining
"all Ford Buy-Back Vehicles come with the balance of the original factory warranty or a 12-month/12,0000-miles warranty, whichever is longer."
Sorry - it was late last night when I posted...

I had to go back through my saved RAV docs today and yes, you are correct about possible remaining 3/36. The 12/12 runs concurrently with any remaining 3/36, so there’s really no additional coverage.

I’ve corrected/edited my prior comment and have included the actual statement below:
A1BDE90C-4A1A-4613-94E1-4C11CE19F671.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's a '17. It probably only has less than 1 year left on the warranty anyhow. Not being able to buy an extended warranty would keep me away from the purchase.

Sponsored

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
It's a '17. It probably only has less than 1 year left on the warranty anyhow. Not being able to buy an extended warranty would keep me away from the purchase.
You can buy extended warranty . Dealer that i bought the car wanted to sell me one the esp ford warranty. Dealer that i service my buy back offered to sell me one too. Went with flood ford , much cheaper.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You can buy extended warranty . Dealer that i bought the car wanted to sell me one the esp ford warranty. Dealer that i service my buy back offered to sell me one too. Went with flood ford , much cheaper.
So the warranty info from before isn't true either.....

Ok, that's different. If I could buy a ford warranty, I might buy the car depending on what the issue was.

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
If you look at gt350s buy backs they are only slightly cheaper then non buy backs. Because they have note in carfax as a lemon or manufacturer buy back or in my case says " reaquired by maufacturer' . And cars went through the buy back process. Can you imagine if lets say clean used gt350 is for 45k and buy back is for 42k but has no factory remaining warranty and you could not buy fords extended warranty? Thay would never be able to resale one .
Most buybacks/lemons are not bad cars, they had a issue and warranty work done, it was in the shop for long time, or was in for the same issue 3 times or so. Customer is not happy that car have problems in early stage of its life, so he lemons it.
I worked as a tech at mitsubishi and cadillac. People would try to get out of payments, and get rid of the car, they would come in with " noise in dash" or stupid stuff....3 or 4 times...and then get rid of the car.

OP
OP

NAG_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
Thanks I'm walking away from it.
40k$ +10% tax I'm at 45k.
I can spend few more $$ and find a clean title with some warranty left.
What is the $$ for an extended warranty??.

Sponsored

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
17 gt350 priced at 40k with 8k miles. The car was a buyback by ford. It comes with 12month bumper to bumper warranty. Is it ok to buy. any thoughts.
Thanks
Hey if you don’t mind me asking what color was it and where was it from? I did a buyback last November on a 17 avalanche gray with 8k miles in Orange County, CA. I’m just curious if it’s that car.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
RAV Buy Backs are never CPO... they are Lemons, whether the Buy Back was a collateral swap or a complete refund to satisfy the prior owner’s displeasure and exit from a problematic vehicle. In order for Ford to have that car back on their lot, it has to be repaired and there has to be a document that outlined what was repaired.

I’m not sure where the misinformation is coming from, but a Ford vehicle with a Lemon’d title will never be resold on a Ford lot as a “CPO”, nor will it ever have any other warranty than the 12/12 (edit: and/or remaining 3/36).

Another thing to note:
If a Ford Buy Back occurs in a State where a vehicle and its title are branded a Lemon, some States will not allow the resale of a Lemon by law. Ford’s way around this is to pick up the vehicle, move it to a State where it can be resold, repair it and throw it on a Ford Dealer lot. After a Lemon is taken back, it could go to auction, but must be bought by a buyer from a different State IF it cannot be sold in a State that prohibits the sale or resale of a Lemon’d vehicle.

For those that don’t know, Ford also gives the Dealership who is facilitating the initial Lemon transaction money for taking the collateral back.

Ford is not loosing money on RAV Buy Backs.
0155D9E4-1793-460B-82AE-EDB02C1A758A.jpeg
I should have said carry a 7 year/100k mile warranty rather than CPO. When I was looking last year all the RAV GT350s at McDavid Ford had them per Oasis. It was likely RAV's good faith ESPs before the PO lemoned it.
Sponsored