GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok that makes more sense now. Those the wheels that come standard with the fighter jet grey package ?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok that makes more sense now. Those the wheels that come standard with the fighter jet grey package ?
The bigger wheels are the optional Handling Package, only available in the U.S. The smaller wheels are the optional Y alloy wheels that are an option in the UK.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
you have to remember that wider tyres don't increase grip per se, the contact patch is the same size but a different shape as it's the same weight of car pushing down. Also, it would appear that those running higher sidewalls for boosted applications get less wheelspin when applying said greater power. I guess tyre flex allowing for some grip rather than spinning up with shorter stiffer sidewalls hence drag tyres are taller sidewalls? Tyre compound makes the difference, widest tyres in the world made with Teflon help no one

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
you have to remember that wider tyres don't increase grip per se, the contact patch is the same size but a different shape as it's the same weight of car pushing down. Also, it would appear that those running higher sidewalls for boosted applications get less wheelspin when applying said greater power. I guess tyre flex allowing for some grip rather than spinning up with shorter stiffer sidewalls hence drag tyres are taller sidewalls? Tyre compound makes the difference, widest tyres in the world made with Teflon help no one
This is a very valid point. Running tyres that wide on a damp cold December night is likely to result in many fishtailing visits to the hedgerows, because of much lower ground pressure per square inch of surface.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I run with 325 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my rears. UK Mach 1 with the Handling Pack birds nest wheels. 325 fit fine and were easier to source in the UK than 315s.
Thanks. I did notice the 325's were easier to find than 315's. What do you have up front? How does the car run on the British back roads?