Sponsored

Buyer's remorse with the Bullitt

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I too was getting ready to order an M2. I had actually planned on doing a European Delivery of it for a 3-week trip to Italy. When the 2019 Bullitt was announced, I watched for the pertinent info to be revealed and then went to my dealer and had them verify that they could get one, then put a deposit on it right away and haven't regretted it since.

Took delivery of K0234 in early August and just rented an Alfa Romeo for Italy. I would have driven the M2 year-round, but the Bullitt is in winter hibernation. That does bring on separation pangs from time to time, but such is life, and I'm happy. As was said, the two cars are very different beasts, and both are great, it's just that the 2019 Bullitt is so close to exactly what I want right now that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. What more can one ask for?
love your picture...not the right year but my '67 S code fast back is green. oh, and met McQueen once. put in a blender, puree and it may be a Bullitt?
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
love your picture...not the right year but my '67 S code fast back is green. oh, and met McQueen once. put in a blender, puree and it may be a Bullitt?
You can't casually mention that and not give details! Come on, what's the story?

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
You can't casually mention that and not give details! Come on, what's the story?
not a lot to say...on a beach near Malibu a long time ago. topic was surfing. he was friendly and seemed...pretty cool. I still have that fastback. dman

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I have a question for you...are those #'s the years of Mustangs you own? you are the Stangnut...cool. dman

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I have a question for you...are those #'s the years of Mustangs you own? you are the Stangnut...cool. dman
I wish. They're all previous Mustangs except the Bullitt of course. When I win the lottery I plan on tracking them all down. My best friend has the 65 so I know where that one is. He put a V10 in it!

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I wish. They're all previous Mustangs except the Bullitt of course. When I win the lottery I plan on tracking them all down. My best friend has the 65 so I know where that one is. He put a V10 in it!
we've driven similar roads. just having owned that many does justify your moniker. '65...mine was an a-code Caspian Blue fastback. what made it interesting was it's interior. when ordered, only white or dark aqua were tied to Caspian. my father "knew" some people and black was special ordered! '66 offered black as standard.
'88 was busy for you...I got back into the game with a '98 Roush Cobra, still have it. Roush was only offering conversions but winning in Cobras big time, trans am.
'03 a year we share. had an '03 Cobra, the car! after the Cobra fiasco, indy rear end, Ford built a great car. had it a very short while. it lives in Utah. over the last few years...'14 gt track pack ala Steeda which now tracks with someone in Arizona, due to my purchase of a '17 GT PP. really like my '17 (Steeda/Ford Performance) but sometimes miss the muscle feeling of that '14, similar to the Bosses and a few track GTs I've driven on track. I don't believe in the perfect car mentality or waiting for the unicorn. like life, cars are always changing and each one is unique in it's day. at this time i'm very satisfied with my set up '17 but the Bullitt beckoned...big time. i'm sure you'll enjoy Stangnut. dman

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
My 65 was also an A code Caspian Blue fastback, lol.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
My 65 was also an A code Caspian Blue fastback, lol.
lol...lots of love? for some things, absolutely. you may be my avatar! have to ask...what color was the interior? on barrett jackson recently they did show Caspian coupe and mentioned the interior color options being the white or aqua. great sharing with you. that '65 fastback became a VW within a year or so. went to school in northern cal and a stick in San Francisco was a pain...even though Steve drove the hell out of that '68. just watched Bullitt for like the 1000th time...think i even own the dvd?
always cool. good cop flick. in reference the same production group also made The 7-Ups. car chase solid and in real action. way before...the computer. good making contact with you and as they say at the Ford GT350 program in Utah...drive 'em like you stole it! dman

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
more on that beach meeting. grew up in santa monica before paparrazi was a media word. Malibu was very laid back and private but relaxed, 60's/70's
I was visiting a friend at Broad Beach, just north of the Zuma Beach area. this was a private zone...McQueen and Ali McGraw had a house. Johnny Carson etc.
I think Keith Moon (Who's drummer) lived next to McQueen and so on. he just happened to be outside. no biggie if you grew up in that area and...showed respect
my friend did say he was a very private person...it was a different time. dman

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Cool story. Southern California is a different world... then and now.

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Cool story. Southern California is a different world... then and now.
Jason you got that right! but like our cars over the years, the world, then and now, is different. "there've been good times, there've been bad times..." kinda like the 2003 cobra and the 1999 models. hey, they didn't even make them in 2001-2. take care man. dman

TomLake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Bullitt, 2017 Shelby GT350
I wasn't sure I would ever hear anything that sounded as good as the GT350 I traded in for this magnificent car but I was wrong. Has anyone banged the gears hard enough to catch 3rd gear?
YYYEEEEPPPP!! about 3 hours ago!!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The Bullitt is the first Mustang I've owned. Over the past month I've been getting a little buyer's remorse. I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube about the M2 that I almost bought and how much fun people were having with it.

Then we got a day of 60 degree dry weather. Remorse went away completely. I used launch control and line lock for the first time. I went blazing around twisty roads. Cracked the windows and listened to the engine scream. Had an absolute blast. I just completely forgot how the weather effects driving experience and I'd probably be feeling the same way in the winter whether I bought the Mustang or the BMW.
Absolutely. Sitting in the house with lousy weather makes you question why you would own a car like a performance Mustang let alone live where there's snow!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Absolutely. Sitting in the house with lousy weather makes you question why you would own a car like a performance Mustang let alone live where there's snow!
I drove a Mach1 in snow every winter for 7 years.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just did my math; 8 Mustangs..... so far. 1966, 1967, 1968, 1989, 1991, 1994, 2006, 2019
Still have the 1967 fastback and '19 BULLITT.
Sponsored