• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Update: Seems my ORDER has been scheduled for May-22-2023. Some of buyers remorse is going away if I really get this car early June. Beats waiting 2 years for a C8. Should be one of the 1st cars off the line.

I got the only allocation at my local dealer at MSRP. In Canada - DH 700A, auto, handling package, dh appearance pack.
About $90ā€™000 CDN + tax.
Just feel like a lot for a non Shelby Mustang.
I spent less on my 2017 c7 grand sport. Much less of a ZL1 in 2015.

Still on the fence due to sticker shock but I think thatā€™s the world these days

Was the Mach1 priced too high and now the Dark Horse - priced too high? Essentially a GT with some track ready features.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
2017 was 6 years and several global events ago
True but even when I look at the 2022 Gt500, that was about 13K more than what Iā€™m paying for a DH, and C8 is another option thatā€™s cheaper.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I got the only allocation at my local dealer at MSRP. In Canada - DH 700A, auto, handling package, dh appearance pack.

Still on the fence due to sticker shock but I think thatā€™s the world these days

Was the Mach1 priced too high and now the Dark Horse - priced too high? Essentially a GT with some track ready features.
The answer is yes, they are priced too high compared to what they offer. Anyhow, if you like what you get and if you can afford it without selling a leg or two you shouldnā€™t regret your decision. The answer to the question ā€˜is it worth it?ā€™ is quite subjective. An answer based purely on measurable facts is not compelling so the answer has to be subjective ;)

Just have a look at the positive aspects:
- you got the only allocation at your dealer
- at MSRP
- youā€™re one of the first to drive it around town
- most people would be happy to be in the position you are in

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Everyday I read these boards and I think of how many reasons I am thrilled with my Mach 1. Thank you all for that.

Mustang 810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
I would be very happy with that deal considering it's a 2024 DH. It looks like that is about 65-66k usd. I paid 60k usd before taxes for my 2022 GT non premium with PP and 301a package. It was 53k msrp plus 7k markup because I wanted it off the lot. Getting a DH at that price sounds amazing to me. I would gladly have paid 5-6 K more for a DH.

Whether it's worth it is hard to say. A new ZL1 automatic is around 72k to order at least that's what I am seeing. A base Stingray build with nothing added is 66k. Assuming you can get that without a markup. Most cars were much cheaper 8 years ago.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 Supercharger, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Doesn't look like the USD to CAD exchange rate has changed much since you bought your Mach 1 but I'm assuming you all are suffering from the same inflation as the rest of us.

I don't think it's a Mustang thing. Cars are just ridiculously expensive.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I would be very happy with that deal considering it's a 2024 DH. It looks like that is about 65-66k usd. I paid 60k usd before taxes for my 2022 GT non premium with PP and 301a package. It was 53k msrp plus 7k markup because I wanted it off the lot. Getting a DH at that price sounds amazing to me. I would gladly have paid 5-6 K more for a DH.

Whether it's worth it is hard to say. A new ZL1 automatic is around 72k to order at least that's what I am seeing. Most cars were much cheaper 8 years ago.
I can spec a 2023 ZL1 1LE for the same price really, but no clear indication of if dealers have any allocations.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing

Yeah it is a lot. I also owned a 2019 C7 Grand Sport and a 2021 ZL1. The ZL1 was $65k USD but has 150 more horsepower. Part of it is inflation, the other part is they are just charging more because they can get away with it. The Camaro and Challenger are dead so the Mustang will be the only new V8 muscle car with a Tremec 6 speed. I am not much of a Ford fan and I haven't owned a Mustang since my 1990 GT but since Chevy and Dodge are done I will keep an eye on the Dark Horse as a potential candidate. Anyway, congrats I will be interested to get your driving impression once you finally take delivery.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Yeah it is a lot. I also owned a 2019 C7 Grand Sport and a 2021 ZL1. The ZL1 was $65k USD but has 150 more horsepower. Part of it is inflation, the other part is they are just charging more because they can get away with it. The Camaro and Challenger are dead so the Mustang will be the only new V8 muscle car with a Tremec 6 speed. I am not much of a Ford fan and I haven't owned a Mustang since my 1990 GT but since Chevy and Dodge are done I will keep an eye on the Dark Horse as a potential candidate. Anyway, congrats I will be interested to get your driving impression once you finally take delivery.
I tried a few local dealers on ZL1 1LE which would have been same price as dark horse - no luck as dealers donā€™t have any clear allocations.

ZL1 1LE is like GT500 stuff for same price as dark horse. Maybe thatā€™s why here in Canada atleast most dealers still have their 1 allocation. From the 2 dealers I called both told me to come in place order at MSRP - no one else in line.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
You can get a premium Mach1 for around 82-85k CAD now. And likely around 80k CAD or below in 6 months.

You need to make yourself be happy one way or another with the 5K-10k difference, or you should buy the Mach1 instead of a DH.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I tried a few local dealers on ZL1 1LE which would have been same price as dark horse - no luck as dealers donā€™t have any clear allocations.

ZL1 1LE is like GT500 stuff for same price as dark horse. Maybe thatā€™s why here in Canada atleast most dealers still have their 1 allocation. From the 2 dealers I called both told me to come in place order at MSRP - no one else in line.
Yep, you will have a better chance getting an allocation with a standard ZL1. The 1LEs have a lot of constraints. Some think they may be holding out parts for the 2024 Collectors Editions.

I sold my ZL1 about 8 months ago. Great car but TBH it is too fast for the street to enjoy. It needs to live on a track to fully enjoy it. Super tall gearing, 60mph in 1st gear, 83mph in 2nd, 113mph in 3rd, 136mph in 4th. You can't really wind it out at all without risking your license.

Anyway, I traded it for a CT4V Blackwing. It is like a driving a twin turbo V6 4 door Camaro with the fixed visibility. :cool: Fun sports sedan, with more realistic power for the street (472hp, 445tq) with a Tremec 6 speed, E-diff, Vmode, Mag-ride, Dual Mode exhaust, etc. These cars are in the mid $60s and up as well. Everything is too expensive...

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
You can get a premium Mach1 for around 82-85k CAD now. And likely around 80k CAD or below in 6 months.

You need to make yourself be happy one way or another with the 5K-10k difference, or you should buy the Mach1 instead of a DH.
DH is priced ok compared to Mach1.

but Mach1 and as a result DH is priced too high compared to others like 2022 GT500, 2023 ZL1 , corvette C8.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Yeah thatā€™s way too much money for what it is but car manufacturers are getting away with it because somehow thereā€™s still demand for these cars and people are still paying ADM. Really makes me wonder how thereā€™s so much demand when the median household is making 70,000 a year. But back to the point, at that price range you probably have better options out there in terms of pure performance and probably also build quality as ford has been hit and miss lately.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
The price increase since April ā€˜22 is tough to swallow on a Mach1 ā€” and yes as a result on the DH. But there has been a ~10% inflation since, so that is arguably justified.

The Mach1 price prior to April ā€˜22 was right to me, and far below the GT500.
Sponsored