Sponsored

Buyer beware, my bad deal

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I met a local guy at C&C a month ago, we started talking and he had a set of Foundry wheels for sale. Two wheels were bare, no tires or TPMS sensor. Two wheels with tires were mounted and had a few hundred miles on them and they came off his car. So I purchased them, then ordered up two FORD TPMS sensors for a forum vendor and two new matching tires. Thought I had a good thing going. Took everything down to Discount tire, had them mounted, balanced, all was good. Went out for a long drive to test them, well during my ride the TPMS fault showed on the info display. Today I made it back down to Discount tire and asked them to "ping" my wheels to the car, only problem was the two wheels with tires already mounted did NOT have TPMS sensors. I had no way of knowing this other than this new "friend " I met at C&C. Well I just placed another order for two more sensors and will have them installed when they arrive.

Sorry for being so long winded but wanted to share my experience, be careful who you trust. I will be seeking out this guy at future C&C's.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
an easy, effective way to tell if there is a sensor mounted, grasp the valve stem and gently move it side to side, you will feel/hear the sensor touching the wheel, this WILL NOT verify if the sensor works or if its the proper sensor though

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Did he ever say that the others came with TPMS sensors? And sensors arent too expensive if you know where to look. Got a set of 4 FoMoCo sensors off amazon for $80. I say, if you got a good deal on the wheels, live and let live. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Thought you were gonna say they were bent.

OP
OP
HavasuCat

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Did he ever say that the others came with TPMS sensors? And sensors arent too expensive if you know where to look. Got a set of 4 FoMoCo sensors off amazon for $80. I say, if you got a good deal on the wheels, live and let live. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Thought you were gonna say they were bent.
Yea, he said they come with sensors. The fact he mislead me was wrong. Sensors aren't expensive and are on the way.
Just wanting to share with others.
Sponsored