Not open for further replies.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hopefully they will arrive quickly. With that being said, did you compare the pricing of the items from Steeda.ca and Steeda.com? I’ve been to and ordered from both. What I’ve found is the pricing in Ontario is way more money than the US even after exchange and shipping. It was almost like their price was the same as what our price would be but then they add on their profit margin on top. Your mileage may vary though on what you’ve ordered.

I think the OP is from GTA (Toronto). But perhaps cross shopped the USA and Canadian stores.

Honestly though, there’s some great vendors on this board that have went out of their way to get me parts ASAP. So if Steeda was out of stock on an item, I’d give one of the vendors a phone call and see if they have what you need in stock before paying for a back ordered part to be made and then shipped.
Oh yeah, I did the math. It was far cheaper to buy from Steed.ca with free shipping than pay USD for the same product, plus shipping & exchange. I didn't even factor in possible duty charges and still came out ahead. Although I am still waiting for product LOL.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I went to the Steeda.ca site again today and this is the first time I've seen this pop-up:
1651247061421.png

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just looked around on Steeda's website and I didn't get any pop ups. Tried looking at in stock parts and out of stock and didn't see anything about no refunds. Where exactly is this policy?

Doug
On the Canadian distributors website

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Aren't Canadians supposed to be super polite, and apologize to each other when they do anything offensive? Like breathe or walk?

Lot of Canadian salt in this thread.

JR

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Aren't Canadians supposed to be super polite, and apologize to each other when they do anything offensive? Like breathe or walk?

Lot of Canadian salt in this thread.

JR
Sorry. It snows a lot here. They dump a tonne of salt on the roads. We absorb it through our pores.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
First of all, i'd like to take a minute and apologize for my Canadian brethren and their tone on this thread. I'm not quite sure what that is all aboot, eh.

Yes, OP specifically said the .com site - not the Canadian site. I only brought up the Canadian site after another poster brought it up - and my intent was basically to let them know that there is no affiliation between the two... I'm not sure the rules on names and if its "ok" to market or use someone's name as in this case...

Quote from OP...

Go check out the pop up on Steeda.com. They will no longer give refunds on products you order on their website that are back ordered if you decide to cancel. They shouldn’t charge the card until the product ships and until it ships you should be able to cancel the order.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. We're also the ones you don't wanna turn your back on. Haha.

to the OP; just order from team beefcake racing. Even with exchange/duty it works out to be about the same, or cheaper. @beefcake is also very willing to help out on international shipping. I ordered a ton of stuff from him & never been disappointed.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yup. We're also the ones you don't wanna turn your back on. Haha.

to the OP; just order from team beefcake racing. Even with exchange/duty it works out to be about the same, or cheaper. @beefcake is also very willing to help out on international shipping. I ordered a ton of stuff from him & never been disappointed.

Lol.

I agree with the order from Beefcake thing... He's one of the ones that has rushed parts ASAP to me... my failure to realize what I needed did not constitute an emergency on his end... but he took care of me...

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
Excuse my rant as it wasn't specifically about Steeda but society's new business model as a whole.

I've always looked up to Steeda as one of the better and more trustworthy companies out there. I've just dealt with a lot of terrible companies lately as far as returns, customer service, etc. and it has created a ton of stress for me and led to me feeling robbed and some CC disputes to follow. I would hate to see Steeda head down that path.

This thread appears that it could be misinformation? Not sure. I personally wasn't able to find the specific policy noted. But I was relieved to see you speaking on behalf of the company on the issue. These things are what build trust between companies and consumers.
Higher prices due to inflation that's taken a leap recently and the just in time supply chain works great until it doesn't like ever since the pandemic made a lot of people run around like their hair was on fire and so many businesses were shut down or running at reduced capacity. You just have to keep your eyes open and roll with the punches. It ain't pretty but that's life unfortunately.

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wow what a shit show here. Why is someone in Houston ordering parts from Steeda.ca?

If Steeda.ca is not affiliated with Steeda US, why are they using their name and pretending to be one in the same?

Anyway, I recently placed an order with Steeda.ca on April 4 2022. I did not see any pop-up warning about a no-cancellation policy (maybe due to my an AD blocker). Steeda.ca website does not indicate if an item is in stock or not. So you go in on blind faith. Shortly after I ordered min drop springs and a clutch spring I receive an email that they are not in stock and would be coming from Steeda US and would be delayed 2 weeks. I thought it was odd that both of these bread-n-butter products that "Steeda" sells are out of stock. Ok 2 weeks isn't bad, let's wait. Well 2 weeks turned into 3 weeks and no tracking #, no update. So I contacted them. "Please wait another 2 weeks as they are coming form the US". Well that's what they told me when I placed the order. Let's see how this plays out. As a consumer who purchased with a credit card, if goods are not delivered in a reasonable amount of time, do I not have the right to dispute the transaction? I would think the credit card companies policy would trump Steeda.ca's no-refund policy. At no point in the transaction was I made aware of this no-cancellation policy.
And this.

Truly unbelievable. What happened to folks and a basic understanding of reading comprehension, writing and grammar? Yes, even on a forum...

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Agreed. Especially if their website says the part is in stock when it isn’t.
Every time I ordered from Steeda this happened to me. That's why I will never buy from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.