Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
That's pretty much how it is for a lot of stuff. Where I work we're being told 60 day lead times on some equipment, but some suppliers are still invoicing us on NET30 terms... because that's the supplier agreement we signed before things got nuts.

Sometimes we can successfully push back, but often we've had to turn to partial invoicing and other things to keep up cash flow. Luckily our customers have mostly been understanding. I wouldn't be surprised if Steeda is being pushed into the same kind of position. We didn't want to do it either, but we couldn't afford not to.
Makes sense in your situation, but Steeda’s policy in this situation is a bit different. These parts can easily be sold to other customers. We would certainly buy the item from them if the item was in stock, but putting their alleged supply problems on the customer is BS. They should be responsible since they can’t provide the service requested in a timely manner. Jmo of course.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying that if I order a Steeda widget now that says in stock on their website and they call me tomorrow to inform me it's on backorder, I can't refund it? This is their new rule?

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
So you're saying that if I order a Steeda widget now that says in stock on their website and they call me tomorrow to inform me it's on backorder, I can't refund it? This is their new rule?
If this is the case, I would most def take issue.

Now if it clearly says Out Of Stock/Backorder OK/No Refunds, then I can make an informed decision.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
If this is the case, I would most def take issue.

Now if it clearly says Out Of Stock/Backorder OK/No Refunds, then I can make an informed decision.
Same here, just want to clarify before this turns into a shit show.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I might have missed it, but I would be interested to know what the item was - it could have an influence on how this all went down :like:

WD :like:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Because it’s not trivial. It’s terrible customer service.
It's actually not. Graphics card companies have the same issue right now.

There was high demand, so they ordered a lot of a part, and now those parts are sitting because demand dropped, costing them money sitting in a warehouse.

If say 500 people order a part from Steeda, and Steeda tells their vendor they need material for/or to have 500 parts made, and 450 cancel the order, then Steeda has 450 items sitting round in their warehouse costing them space and money. As while normally they keep 60 on hand they paid for 390 they don't need and are in the hole financially for it until they sell.

It's basic inventory management. You expect Steeda to take an operating loss for something out of their control. You knew it was out of stock when/soon after you ordered it. That is on you. If you don't like it, use your card to charge it back.

This is basic business.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I haven't seen the popup (not saying it isn't there), but I would just call them before ordering to get clarification. Of course, I call anyway, so I can get the military discount they offer.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I haven't seen the popup (not saying it isn't there), but I would just call them before ordering to get clarification. Of course, I call anyway, so I can get the military discount they offer.
Didn't know they had military discount 🤔

Richard

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You always had to call in your order to get the discount, as far as I know.

Didn't know they had military discount 🤔

Richard

Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You always had to call in your order to get the discount, as far as I know.
I will be calling for now on. Thank you for the information sir. Saved money is saved no matter how much it is.

Richard

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Other companies make products just as good without the no refund BS.
Then you can never get in touch with them if you need support. The fact of the matter is that Steeda is one of the best companies you could ever hope to work with after the sale, and they go above and beyond any reasonable expectation to support people that use their products. Hell, they've helped me out with issues that had nothing to do with their products.

Steeda isn't going to miss you. Good luck with other vendors that don't give a shit about after sales support.

JR

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's actually not. Graphics card companies have the same issue right now.

There was high demand, so they ordered a lot of a part, and now those parts are sitting because demand dropped, costing them money sitting in a warehouse.

If say 500 people order a part from Steeda, and Steeda tells their vendor they need material for/or to have 500 parts made, and 450 cancel the order, then Steeda has 450 items sitting round in their warehouse costing them space and money. As while normally they keep 60 on hand they paid for 390 they don't need and are in the hole financially for it until they sell.

It's basic inventory management. You expect Steeda to take an operating loss for something out of their control. You knew it was out of stock when/soon after you ordered it. That is on you. If you don't like it, use your card to charge it back.

This is basic business.
If I knew it was out of stock then I wouldn’t order the part. They misrepresent their inventory to get you to order the item then when you don’t receive an item shipped email you contact them and are then advised there’s a 6wk wait. They refunded my order a couple weeks ago in this situation but it appears that they now have adopted a no refund on back ordered parts. Their website should specifically state if the item is in stock or it isn’t and have a no refund on back ordered parts disclaimer so the customer is aware of this beforehand. I still disagree with this policy and refuse to spend money with companies that have these policies.

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you can never get in touch with them if you need support. The fact of the matter is that Steeda is one of the best companies you could ever hope to work with after the sale, and they go above and beyond any reasonable expectation to support people that use their products. Hell, they've helped me out with issues that had nothing to do with their products.

Steeda isn't going to miss you. Good luck with other vendors that don't give a shit about after sales support.

JR
I don’t need their support. And you’re claim that every other company doesn’t give a shit about its customers is asinine. Keep swinging.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Go check out the pop up on Steeda.com. They will no longer give refunds on products you order on their website that are back ordered if you decide to cancel. They shouldn’t charge the card until the product ships and until it ships you should be able to cancel the order.
I will never buy another Steeda product.
I understand that they are a board sponsor but this is a pathetic policy.
I agree with "the card should not be charged until it ships" for standard stock items. Any custom item (if they have any) you pay ahead of time. At this stage of the game i would call first to confirm the item is actually in stock before you order, especially if theres any kind of "low stock" indicator.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.