Burnout and pedaling the car question? Centrifugal

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I have an ESS supercharger , new to automatics a supercharging but when I do a burnout and slightly let off the gas to drop the RPMS, if I let out too much car seems to totally lose power. So if I go WOT and it starts to spin if I pedal it does the same then picks back up. Is this normal or guess I need to learn to stay in it or have better foot control?
Sponsored

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I have an ESS supercharger , new to automatics a supercharging but when I do a burnout and slightly let off the gas to drop the RPMS, if I let out too much car seems to totally lose power. So for if I go WOT and it starts to spin if I pedal it does the same then picks back up. Is this normal or guess I need to learn to stay in it or have better foot control?
The BOV dumps boost when you release the throttle, so it will be much harder to do on a centri.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
manually shift up a gear or two, rpm will drop for you a bit.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Up shift with the paddles

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You have to be in paddle mode for it to not upshift when you let off. Shifter in S, I use track mode and then toggle TCS off. Track mode illuminates the tcs off light but you still need to turn it off. Advancetrac is still on I think but hardly ever kicks in

OP
OP

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I've only had the car couple months , what mode do you have to be in for it not to up shift. I've tried drag mode with selector in S and normal mode with selector in S still upshifts on its on.

You have to be in paddle mode for it to not upshift when you let off. Shifter in S, I use track mode and then toggle TCS off. Track mode illuminates the tcs off light but you still need to turn it off. Advancetrac is still on I think but hardly ever kicks in

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I've only had the car couple months , what mode do you have to be in for it not to up shift. I've tried drag mode with selector in S and normal mode with selector in S still upshifts on its on.
My Lund tune only upshifts on its on in S at WOT and about 7600

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Once you put it in s position you have to tap a paddle and the gear position will illuminate on the screen between the speedo and rpm

OP
OP

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
That’s what I do , think I finally figured it out last night. Thanks for the help

Once you put it in s position you have to tap a paddle and the gear position will illuminate on the screen between the speedo and rpm