Sponsored

Burned up my fuel pump...

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Looks like I'm putting in a fuel system now instead of later. E85 here I come!

Anyone else lose their fuel pump or just me so far?
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Damn what were your symptoms you noticed before she died? And what Voltage were you running it at?

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Barrel, I am curious as to what the symptoms were too, so that I can watch for this. I'm not exactly confident in the JMS set up as normally I replace the fuel pump when I mod cars.

On a side note, what version of the half shafts did you get, because I need to buy a set and I think I will make similar power to you.

OP
OP
Barrel

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Car was having trouble starting and idling a couple days prior. When it finally went the motor started stumbling in traffic. Thought it would die right in the middle of the highway. That went on for a few miles while I limped it to work. Shut it down to check things under the hood. Tried to start again, the motor fired up and died a couple seconds later.

Motor looks ok, though. I was wailing on the car a couple days ago, so if it's just a pump, I can deal with that.

I've got the 800hp DSS shafts. I won't drag race very often, so I just wanted something stronger than stock.

JMS was running at peak voltage.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Annnnnd this is why i tell people boost a pumps are not the way to go. It ruins pumps and could take out motors.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Annnnnd this is why i tell people boost a pumps are not the way to go. It ruins pumps and could take out motors.
I wouldnt have posted that it happened if only just to save myself from the the voltage booster police

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Sounds like a coil pack issue,
Edit- maybe not just noticed you said you had a booster pump

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I wouldnt have posted that it happened if only just to save myself from the the voltage booster police
Im not afraid.:D
Whats a good pump to drop in the GT ?
I know what brands are good but as far as drop in for s197s & s550, I havent explored yet to see what is offered. Id hope there are some good options. Im not sure what fore is offering as pump brands.

Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Im not afraid.:D

I know what brands are good but as far as drop in for s197s & s550, I havent explored yet to see what is offered. Id hope there are some good options. Im not sure what fore is offering as pump brands.
a new pump is prob a few bucks more than a BAP which looks like a short
term solution .. we would never see a car in competition run something like that

OP
OP
Barrel

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I think I'm going to end up with a dual pump Fore setup. Switching to E85 and pulley down some more. Let's do this!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the fore systems are hands down the best systems on the market. just about every company that tries to "piece" systems togethers, gets parts from fore in one way or another, they are one stop with everything you need, machined in house.

it's what we use on our shop cars, and all our customer cars.

we are Fore's #1 Mustang dealer. You will never get better service if you ever have any problems with me and with Justin over at Fore.

Hit me up for forum specials!

With our entry level e85 systems starting at 1395, they really aren't bad when your looking at a bap already at $400 plus.....

40k car, 6-10k power adder, don't skimp on fuel, i always preach that to customers

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I installed a Fore twin pump to my Mustang a couple weeks ago and it was a nice drop in fit as far as installation to the tank.

Do keep in mind though, its not something you can just add to the stock fuel system. It does not have an integrated fuel filter or regulator like the stock unit does, so you will have to add an external filter under the car and have no choice but to do a return system as well.

I ran my stock fuel pump to about 680-690rwhp before adding a voltage booster, and that was using the Whipple injectors. If you have ID1000 I am sure most of you can run to 700rwhp or so on the stock pump without a booster when using pump gas. The stock pump appears to be a customized version of the Walbro/TIA 400 (it has a jet pump outlet for fuel slosh surge protection), and the fuel line is 3/8", which is equivalent to a -6an, and the stock filter is as large as any high flow aftermarket unit. The stock fuel system is no slouch, and I bet adding a return system to the stock pump and module would take a car to 750rwhp pump gas without a booster.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you run it at 21 volts all the time, yes, it can damage the pump. We run 17 volts, and have never had a problem in the 10 years that we've been installing these things.
Sponsored