Burble Tunes

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
My 2019 GT w/Active exhaust and resonator delete/H pipe is the same. Perfect sounding exhaust.
Which H pipe did you put in. Also any sound clips on how it sounds with different exhaust modes. Will ford deny my warranty on the engine or active exhaust?

Thanks
David

Last edited:
OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I can’t imagine that these so called “tunes” are good for the engine internally when used long term....

Might as well bring back the spark plugs screwed into end of tailpipes, hooked to ignition and dumping of raw fuel to create the flamethrowers....
Exactly it. These types of "tunes" rely on severe timing retard. Too much retard can be bad for your engine as well as too much advance.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Burble? More like crackle. I had to look this is up as my mustang does actually burble like a V8 should on the factory tune. It’s definitely not this crackle, it’s a low V8 burble as you down shift.

I can’t believe ricers are really calling this a burble tune. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
My car does occasionally have what sounds like a backfire between shifts. Mostly when running it hard. Does anybody else have this? It did it with the Roush tune and with the current VMP tune.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
....I can’t believe ricers are really calling this a burble tune. They should be ashamed of themselves.
There’s actually a “burble mode” option built into the Ford strategy in the pcm. It’s not turned on stock and you don’t have to turn it on to get some level of burble. But the point is, Ford calls it that too.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Which H pipe did you put in. Also any sound clips on how it sounds with different exhaust modes. Will ford deny my warranty on the engine or active exhaust?

Thanks
David
I went with the Steeda H pipe and it sounds fantastic. I don't personally have any sound clips but there are several online comparing the different modes with and without the h pipe, but web clips don't really do exhaust sounds justice in my opinion.

If you find yourself up around Central FL (Orlando/Daytona Beach area), let me know, you can listen in person.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Scott, apart from the improvement in the quality of the sound, did the loudness also increase to a notable extent?
I'm tempted to give the Steeda H-pipe a try, but I'm afraid it might make the exhaust too loud. I'd like a deeper tone, but not necessarily a louder one.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Scott, apart from the improvement in the quality of the sound, did the loudness also increase to a notable extent?
I'm tempted to give the Steeda H-pipe a try, but I'm afraid it might make the exhaust too loud.
It did. If you watch the second video I linked, they actually compare the decibel increase from mode to mode for both before and after the resonator delete/h pipe install. I think it was ~5db increase per mode on the active exhaust.

Prior to making the change, I only drove in Quiet (in my neighborhood before 8 AM) or Track. Now, with track being a good bit louder, I tend to swap between normal, sport and track regularly, so I'm getting more use out of the active exhaust modes.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed, I noticed the 5dB increase in the second video, but I'm not sure what that means in practice, i.e. how a 5dB increase actually feels.
I don't mind if Normal or Sport become a bit louder, but I'd like Quiet to still remain quiet enough not to disturb my neighbours in the early morning or late evening. Is the new Quiet comparable to the old Normal?