Sponsored

Bumper Replacement after accident: Body Shop or Ford dealer

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
I went over a curb yesterday and the back bumper of my car was pulled off. I'm not sure if they are going to be able to put it back on or replace it.

Should I take it to Ford or just a regular body shop? Any guesses to the cost of replacing the back bumper?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The dealership typically outsources that type of work to partner body shops. Now...when shall we see you on the most recent cars and coffee Mustang meme vid? :doh:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If you don't want your insurance involved and raising your insurance rate due to a claim just get a replacement and have it painted and put it on yourself.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
you can lookup the nearest Ford certified repair shops on this website and drop by for an estimate. A regular shop may be slightly cheaper but probably won't make much difference for a bumper repair.

http://collision.ford.com/

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I can't even...

Base or premium? If it's a base I'm willing to bet you can find something cheap, possibly already painted on eBay. If premium, then most likely not. If it's under $500 fix I wouldn't claim it through insurance.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Had a similar issue with my front bumper cover. Someone apparently bumped me in the parking lot. This "bump" dislodged the cover hear the PS headlight. There was no other damage on the cover so I thought it had just come loose. On my next service, I asked the dealer to just fix it. They said these come loose all the time and they would put some glue on the tabs to hold it in place - about $75 for that work.

Well, turns out the "bump" was more serious and snapped off all the mounting tabs on that side. Cover had to be replaced. $750 for the cover, paint match and R&R the cover.

Seems these covers are not very robust if that much damage can occur with no other marks on the bumper.
Sponsored