Sponsored

Bumper Repair Under Warranty?

chace.leahy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
If this is in the wrong section, please tell me, I will move it. When I purchased the car from the dealership in South Carolina (I live in NJ) I had it delivered up. The next day I went over the car from top to bottom and only saw one thing that looked like it had been tampered with. My rear bumper looks like it was hit by a shopping cart or something like that. Small little dent, but that part of the bumper has orange peel and is not smooth AT ALL. Very rough and bumpy. I called the dealership but they are a long ways away and I am not traveling that far for a bumper fix. I want to take it to my local dealer and see what they say. Would they replace the entire bumper? Or would they have it repainted (trying to avoid that). If it was you what would you do?

2w409ya.jpg
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If they replace it, they have to paint it still

For that, I would just fill with touch up, then feather out with 2500 grit the polish. Won't even be able to see it

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
One of my mates did this before; He went to his local Ford Dealer looking for a Ranger, they didn't have any so he went to one 100km away to get one. He went to his local Ford Dealer and asked if they could be changed to his main dealer. They got it changed and thats where he goes for his services.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
If they replace it, they have to paint it still

For that, I would just fill with touch up, then feather out with 2500 grit the polish. Won't even be able to see it
Yep I'd buff the black out and touch up the portion where it's through the paint. Far better than a whole panel re-paint on a brand new car to me.
Sponsored

Last edited: