Sponsored

Bummed after driving ‘17 2SS

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
$25,000 savings buys a lot of "nuts". My SS/1LE was $37.5k OTD (4% sales tax, with 2k competitive rebate). You can get a 2020 2SS/1LE for about $45K OTD so the Camaro is one of the best bargains for a track-ready car.

Ford did themselves no favors by not including diff coolers in the PP1 and PP2 packages and not putting the Tremec in the Bullitt and PP2.
I agree that the SS 1LE is less expensive than a GT350. Not $25,000 less, but yes they are less expensive. The last time I looked there were some new GT350s for sale local to me in the $55k to $58k neighborhood (yes, now after 4 years you can finally get a new GT350 under MSRP). The prices will probably go back up in spring, but they are low right now.

IMO the Shelby is worth the difference in price. I do agree that Ford should have put coolers in the PP2 Mustangs at a minimum. I'd personally like to see coolers as an option that could be selected in the PP1 as well.

Cheap and easy to buy? Man have you shipped a Camaro? I could have got three mustangs within my range but I had to drive over an hour away for a 1le after searching for 8 months. And no they don't really want to play deals until December. The mustangs are much much easier to find and work with.
I've never bought a Camaro. I have test driven several over the years, but never liked them enough to buy. Every time I have decided to look I have found a few 1LE SS models near me. Not that the cars had every option I wanted, but there are always some around.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You have to spin the Coyote motor it get the rush of power. If you drive it like an old iron V8 you'll be missing the experience. The Camaro doesn't fall off as much as you seem to imply. It just doesn't have the Coyote's sensation of surge at the top.
Drove a LE1 and 18 A10 (with drag mode) the same week. When lighting the tires up, as I always do on a test drive, I saw no difference. The difference if there is any in the butt dyno is marginal but the 18 in drag mode felt like it pulled as hard. But I had driven a GT500, blown 15 GT and it was like splitting hairs after feeling real power and torque.

AS far as the Camaro. I've only owned gm cars. Currently own 2 after just buying another one last week. My Mustang is the only non GM car I have every owned in 34 years. I have owned even the shittiest of GM cars from a new gen Nova to a chevette, but i'm sorry the Camaro does not compare to the Mustang. But that being said. I love my Avalanche which everyone hates on, and it was canceled because much like the Camaro not many people agree with me that it's wonderful. So each it's own.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well I just revisited this thread after a while lol. I wish I got my popcorn ready beforehand though, damn!

Update: I’ve had to break into my girl’s entire goddamn transmission to fix a loose shifter, then two weeks later an extremely wobbly clutch pedal. Both just fun as heck jobs, (yes, sarcasm). Also every time I sit in it and drive it now, I get the “get me tf out of this car feeling” after about 30 minutes. Idk if it’s just because I’m a little tall or the clearly inferior interior design or both, but yeah.

Just GM things I guess.

Will be modding my Coyote when I can. I never was really truly considering switching teams. :)

Sponsored

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
Does the Stinger even have a rearview mirror then? I mean, what'd be the point?
An $800 tune and a $300 intake and that "Kia Bicycle" just might surprise the hell out of you!! Rearview mirror crowded with cars trying unsuccessfully to keep up!

17 Fusion Sport 2.7TT AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I'm probably one of the few KIA Stinger GT owners who can fairly judge between my car and Mustang GT's, as I've owned/raced many Stangs in my life:

- '69 Mach 1 390 S Code
- '82 Mustang GT
- '83 Mustang GT
- '85 Mustang GT
- '93 LX 5.0 Hatchback
- '95 Mustang Cobra
- '11 Mustang V6
- '12 Mustang GT
- '13 Mustang GT
- '16 Mustang GT

(for good measure you can also throw in a '14 Taurus SHO, '04 SRT-4, '17 Fusion Sport, etc.)

That said, Mustangs are Mustangs and they'll always be Mustangs. They've got a great heritage, styling, V8 growl, and performance hp/dollar value.

The Stinger is new, lacks the heritage and V8 sound, but also has great looks, performance hp/dollar value, and comes with two extra seats, a huge hatchback, and is available with AWD.

Both are great cars but cater to completely different markets, so comparisons are merely for fun and not much else. But for a person to start a "rear view mirror" discussion simply illustrates their serious level of immaturity and lack of any working knowledge as it relates to automobiles/racing.

Mustangs will always be in my blood, that will never change. But the Stinger GT currently serves my requirements for a single solution 4 season car that's fast and looks great.

PEACE

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I owned a 2016 mustang and am shopping for a 2020, thats why im back on here. That being said... I've made many mustang owners upset in my stinger. Tune, e30, and intakes and im running high 11s on a cool night lol. Seriously under rated car! Turbo cars are a blast and so easy to make them go fast, but im ready to row some gears

17 Fusion Sport 2.7TT AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I owned a 2016 mustang and am shopping for a 2020, thats why im back on here. That being said... I've made many mustang owners upset in my stinger. Tune, e30, and intakes and im running high 11s on a cool night lol. Seriously under rated car! Turbo cars are a blast and so easy to make them go fast, but im ready to row some gears
Once Mustangs are in your blood, it will always have a place there. Enjoy rowing!

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
the a10 is where it’s at for performance on the ‘18+. Haven’t driven the manual. But the auto kicks some serious butt.
Dude, you are seriously one of the worst members on here. You beat everyone over the head with your fanboism, you dont even own the car, and you argue with actual owners over what they feel when they drive their car vs. another, and you haven't even driven a manual GT.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I've had both and honestly loved my '19 GT manual. I know the manual gets criticized in the Mustang but I seriously found it a joy to shift. :thumbsup:

What I didn't like was the crazy grinding noises that seem to get more prevalent throughout the rev rang in 2nd and 3rd gear. Also had annoying dash rattle after week 1. I sold the Mustang early on since didn't' want to deal with the potential headaches and grinding noises were scaring me and I got the GT dirt cheap. (<$30K).

Test drove a '19 Camaro SS manual and liked it but the gearing was too tall IMO, especially 5th and 6th. Test drove the A10 and was super impressed. Smoother than the A10 Mustang GTs I tested for sure. The only knock on the Camaro SS is visibility. Islands and curbs at low speeds, you have to peer your neck some.

Aside from that, the SS feels considerably sportier and handles better than the GT (non PP version) and I think it looks meaner as it sits lower and has a more aggressive hood. I also like that even the base 1SS Camaro has a big screen, Apple Car Play/Android auto standard, and full power seats. The seats fit me better too for whatever reason. The GT's lumbar always seemed too aggressive even when in its lowest setting.

But I'd have kept my GT if it didn't make the annoying sounds and been fine with it.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Seriously, what person buys a car based on theoretical bench racing figures?
I'd say most people who buy a performance car, know what the zero to sixty and 1/4 mile times are. It is a benchmark, that while not all can officially achieve, provides a metric that can be felt in the seat of the pants. A half second in zero to sixty can be felt.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Seriously, what person buys a car based on theoretical bench racing figures?
Are you talking published performance figures? Its one of the factors. That is why they have been publishing them for over 50 years.
Sponsored