Bull's Jack-of-all-trades 2015 EB Premium PP

Discussion in 'Members Mustang Journals / Projects' started by Bull Run, Mar 2, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Bull Run

Bull Run Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    I got the A81. Initially ordered the lightweight version but they were out of stock and ETA kept getting delayed, so I settled for the regular version.

Blue Moon likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Bull Run

Bull Run Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Since just fully uncovering the side hood vents didn't show any measurable difference, I also opened up the center vent and found that it made a difference.

The air inlet temp's usually around 0 to 3 degrees higher than ambient while cruising. Using A/C adds up to 10 degrees to the inlet and charge temps. With the center vent fully uncovered, cruising with A/C on shows the inlet temp only going up to around 3 to 5 degrees higher than ambient with a similar reduction in the charge temp. My guess is that aside from the center vent being larger than the side ones combined, also runs over the intake tubing going to the turbo and reduces its heat soak.

I did a car wash test and checking the engine bay right afterward showed that only the front of the engine gets slightly wet, which should pose no problems.

20190609_150914.jpg

Blue Moon and bjstang like this.