Sponsored

Bullitt with Magneride vs without Magneride

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
My 1st post here. I am looking for a Bullitt and have found one with good price and just 4000 kms ....but without Magneride. I will use it in the weekends and never in "track mode". Is it much more comfortable with the Magneride? ... or the main difference is a
better performance, a stiffer behavior when the road really require it? Is it something I will miss or something wouldn't stop my buying decision?
Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
In just daily driving I don't think you'll notice much. It may be a LITTLE softer in normal mode. You'll notice it more when you do any spirited driving on a twisty road. If you never use Sport or Track mode then there isnt a lot of point to getting it IMO.

If it matters to you resale will be higher with MR than without. If you can afford it and its not a large price difference I say get it, just because it's not something you can add later.

OP
OP

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
I will use the sport mode, but won't go to a circuit to take it to the limit using the sport or track mode.
When you say "It may be a LITTLE softer in normal mode" , do you mean WITHOUT the Magneride?

scottso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
To each their own but I wouldnā€™t get it without magneride. The car just feels so planted in sport mode and itā€™s nice to be able to switch to normal if youā€™re on a bad road.

OP
OP

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
To each their own but I wouldnā€™t get it without magneride. The car just feels so planted in sport mode and itā€™s nice to be able to switch to normal if youā€™re on a bad road.
Have you tried one without magneride?

Sponsored

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
I have maganride. I find its doesnt do well on shitty streets. The car does corner flat though. I wouldnt make having Magnaride a make or break. Wasnt on my list when I bought mine last month Neither was the fact the Bullitt has the crap transmission. My personal feel of a street car is Koni Yellows/H&R Springs or KW V2 Coil overs. Now going forward long term costs of the struts I am sure will be an arm and a leg. I may edit this post later with the costs of the BMW M cars , Corvette and Ford cost comps.

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
I got MagneRide when I purchased my Bullitt. I really like it, it seems to make the car handle better in both normal driving mode and in sport plus. I havenā€™t driven a Bullitt without MagneRide, but my 05 and 14 GTs didnā€™t have it, as it was not available at that time. Itā€™s really an unfair comparison, as both of those cars had solid rear axles.
I donā€™t know how available the Bullitts are, but if I were looking for one to-day and it didā€™t MagneRide, Iā€™d still buy it.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
If you buy one without MR, you will love your car and not miss the MR. If you buy one with MR, you will be happy you have it. I have driven GT's with and without, and I prefer MR.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Magneride rides better for sure on washboard roads.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I have a non-MagneRide car and have driven a MagneRide version. In my short drive on the street with a slightly bumpy surface, I noticed a bit less suspension motion up and down than my car, however, it wasn't a dissatisfier. I didn't want to pay for the extra cost of the special shocks based on the way I use my car. If I was using it on the track more, I am sure I would appreciate the benefit of the MagneRide there. It's a great technology, but I have had a good street driving experience with the base Bullitt suspension.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
I have a non-MagneRide car and have driven a MagneRide version. In my short drive on the street with a slightly bumpy surface, I noticed a bit less suspension motion up and down than my car, however, it wasn't a dissatisfier. I didn't want to pay for the extra cost of the special shocks based on the way I use my car. If I was using it on the track more, I am sure I would appreciate the benefit of the MagneRide there. It's a great technology, but I have had a good street driving experience with the base Bullitt suspension.
Thank you Tony. Conclusion: this is not going to stop my buying decision. This is a great opportunity as it is an "american" Bullit, with extra power as compared with the european version, and has already completed the homologation process in Spain. Now I need the dealer assess my BMW X3 as I expect... :fingerscrossed:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Thank you Tony. Conclusion: this is not going to stop my buying decision. This is a great opportunity as it is an "american" Bullit, with extra power as compared with the european version, and has already completed the homologation process in Spain. Now I need the dealer assess my BMW X3 as I expect... :fingerscrossed:
I hope you are getting it at a good price. I was looking at second-hand Mustangs here in Spain two years ago, but at least at that time, the difference between what I could find second hand, and best offer from dealer (best offer was a dealer in Madrid), was not big enough to make up for the lack of warranty. Amazingly enough, some wanted even more for their second hand than the offer from dealer. They were still listed for sale a year later though.

I don't think the Bullit model is very popular here at all, so I would think you could get an even better deal than I got on the Mustang GT. If not tracking the car, I don't think +/- 20 HP will matter much when it's already at 440+ HP, though I see the attraction of having the fastest Mustang on the block. ;-)

OP
OP

DonPelayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 3.0D, Audi TT
I hope you are getting it at a good price. I was looking at second-hand Mustangs here in Spain two years ago, but at least at that time, the difference between what I could find second hand, and best offer from dealer (best offer was a dealer in Madrid), was not big enough to make up for the lack of warranty. Amazingly enough, some wanted even more for their second hand than the offer from dealer. They were still listed for sale a year later though.

I don't think the Bullit model is very popular here at all, so I would think you could get an even better deal than I got on the Mustang GT. If not tracking the car, I don't think +/- 20 HP will matter much when it's already at 440+ HP, though I see the attraction of having the fastest Mustang on the block. ;-)
You are right... I don't need the extra power at all hahaha... but it sounds even better than the european version

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Iā€™ve owned both, a February 2019 none Mag Bullitt which I did 8300 miles in and my current September 2020 Mag Bullitt which has just turned 2000 miles, the none Mag car was firm but not crashy, I used to find myself bobbing up and down in my seat on uneven roads, the Mag car feels more sophisticated and ā€˜grown upā€™ and is definitely smoother in Normal mode however I hear a gentle thumping sound from the rear shocks going over bumps and it has a gentle sway or rock from the back end which made me liken it to a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere when I first got it, in Sport mode it feels just like my old car. On balance Iā€™d choose Magneride again but itā€™s not the silver bullet (excuse the pun) everyone says it is, both cars have paint and panel gap issues to the point where the drivers door on one and the boot lid on the other catch on the adjacent panels rubbing through the paint and exposing bare metal, my latest car had a nasty driveline vibration which has been mostly cured by fitting a new propshaft under warranty but it still has a vibration my old car either didnā€™t have or I didnā€™t notice, maybe the smoother ride makes it more noticeable, such a shame as these are cars Iā€™d like to keep forever but the fit, finish and build quality isnā€™t up to the standard of a Ā£50,000 car which is what they cost in the UK, I still canā€™t bring myself to replace it with a BMW, Mercedes or Audi though, it still puts a smile on my face every time I look at it.

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
My '16 GT felt like a floating device. The PP1 I test drove without MG was a little stiff. I'm glad I got a Bullitt with MG, love it
Sponsored