Sponsored

Bullitt went Tango Uniform last night

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I was driving sedately last might on a country road, but the Bullitt suddenly bucked and ran like crap - as if fuel starvation over and over and aver.... A big orange "Service" light came on the dash, along with an orange wrench symbol. Pulled over and the car idled fine, but starting out again it ran terribly. Luckily I was close to my destination, so I continued as fast as the car would go, about 40 mph. This morning when : tried to start it it ran fine, all the way home but i don't trust it. I have a service appointment with the nearest Ford dealer (70 miles away) on Wednesday :frown: About 8,000 miles on the car -this is my first squawk. If I ever have a problem again, it's a goner.
Sponsored

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Maybe the fuel pump isn't pushing enough pressure to keep the lines up. A buddy of mine picked up a regular GT and it started doing a similar thing at about 40mph. It turned out that the fuel pump was a factory defect. I suspect you might have the same issue.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
you checked for any error codes ?
My code reader is at the airport, I may go plug it in and see if it stored a fault.

Synergy, it "felt" like a fuel issue, not ignition. My '62 Bubble Top 409 had a bad fuel pump, and it behaved like this about 40 years ago. I'm hoping it's something simple.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Could have been a batch of bad fuel. I had a similar problem with a Firebird, when new, turned out to be garbage from the service station fuel tank. Since then I never fill up if I see a tanker pumping at the station.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is the car modded? If so, what was the last mod performed on it?

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Is the car modded? If so, what was the last mod performed on it?
No powertrain mods; just LED lighting, jacking rails, GT 350 Airaid air cleaner, GT 350 gage cluster, - that kind of stuff.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I can't stress this enough to all owners. Get yourself a OBD reader to pull codes before you take it to the dealer. It could be as stupid as a loose gas cap. Especially when you have to go o a dealer as far as 70 miles away! Yikes..

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
I can't stress this enough to all owners. Get yourself a OBD reader to pull codes before you take it to the dealer. It could be as stupid as a loose gas cap. Especially when you have to go o a dealer as far as 70 miles away! Yikes..
Yea, I checked it yesterday with my Innova scanner; no codes. I'm hoping the dealer's system is more sophisticated and picks up an error or three.

No loose gas caps on the Bullitt, no gas cap - it's a "stab it" system. I'm not a fan of no gas caps, but Ford must think it's okay...but on the other hand, the same geniuses dreamt up the POS plastic one time use oil drain plugs.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yea, I checked it yesterday with my Innova scanner; no codes. I'm hoping the dealer's system is more sophisticated and picks up an error or three.

No loose gas caps on the Bullitt, no gas cap - it's a "stab it" system. I'm not a fan of no gas caps, but Ford must think it's okay...but on the other hand, the same geniuses dreamt up the POS plastic one time use oil drain plugs.

Sorry having a Mustang and quite a few newer Ford's realize they're is no has cap, just generalizing. Hope it is nothing serious.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully just a bad tank of gas. Is there 93 by you?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I was driving sedately last might on a country road, but the Bullitt suddenly bucked and ran like crap - as if fuel starvation over and over and aver.... A big orange "Service" light came on the dash, along with an orange wrench symbol. Pulled over and the car idled fine, but starting out again it ran terribly. Luckily I was close to my destination, so I continued as fast as the car would go, about 40 mph. This morning when : tried to start it it ran fine, all the way home but i don't trust it. I have a service appointment with the nearest Ford dealer (70 miles away) on Wednesday :frown: About 8,000 miles on the car -this is my first squawk. If I ever have a problem again, it's a goner.
That sounds like FUBAR. Sorry to hear that

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Welp sounds like its junk, I'll give ya 1500 for it. Ok, fine 2000 for parts. Lol.
Seriously though probably just a small fuel issue. Warranty work, good luck...

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
The Bullitt goes in today; will let you know what they find - bet a dollar to a donut they will say "no codes, can not duplicate the customer's concern" Bwaaaaa.

This is a small rural Montana dealer, hopefully they have a good tech and the right diagnostic equipment. If it goes FUBAR again, the car will be sold - I don't give 'em 3 strikes.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
The Bullitt goes in today; will let you know what they find - bet a dollar to a donut they will say "no codes, can not duplicate the customer's concern" Bwaaaaa.

This is a small rural Montana dealer, hopefully they have a good tech and the right diagnostic equipment. If it goes FUBAR again, the car will be sold - I don't give 'em 3 strikes.
One thing I realized starting back 15 years or so, the dealership mechanics don't know much more than what their scanners tell them. The days of true Mechanics are pretty much over at dealerships. And they will only do what they are told to do, unless they can physically see a part is broke.
Sponsored