Sponsored

Bullitt Tune by Steeda….questions

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I spoke to one of the tuners at Steeda today. I confirmed that you can install a res delete before or after the tune without issue. He did say the tune is built on the regular drive mode platform. My questions are:
*What happens when you use the sport and track modes?
*Does performance increase or no?
*Does the exhaust note change with each mode?
*Is rev matching still there?
*What things are lost by using the tune, if anything?
He also confirmed the gurgles and pops do go away, however they can put them back in the tune if you so choose.
I would like to hear from the guys that have actually installed the Bullitt tune and tried these things out. Anything else I might have left out?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
The main thing that Sport and track mode do is make the pedal more touchy, steering heavier and stiffen springs (If Mag ride).
I have never heard of drive modes being correlated to any actual power gains with or without tune
When you ask if the exhaust note changes, do you mean the flaps in the mufflers still work or something else?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to one of the tuners at Steeda today. I confirmed that you can install a res delete before or after the tune without issue. He did say the tune is built on the regular drive mode platform. My questions are:
*What happens when you use the sport and track modes?
*Does performance increase or no?
*Does the exhaust note change with each mode?
*Is rev matching still there?
*What things are lost by using the tune, if anything?
He also confirmed the gurgles and pops do go away, however they can put them back in the tune if you so choose.
I would like to hear from the guys that have actually installed the Bullitt tune and tried these things out. Anything else I might have left out?
Thanks!
So why didn't you ask STEEDA ? Cause you know... they'd be the ones to ask.

OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The main thing that Sport and track mode do is make the pedal more touchy, steering heavier and stiffen springs (If Mag ride).
I have never heard of drive modes being correlated to any actual power gains with or without tune
When you ask if the exhaust note changes, do you mean the flaps in the mufflers still work or something else?
Yes, I still want the functionality of the active exhaust. Sounds like it still works… I also like the rev matching option, hopefully that stays as well…

OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So why didn't you ask STEEDA ? Cause you know... they'd be the ones to ask.
So I did ask him those questions, but he was unable to answer them… that’s why I was hoping to get some answers from the guys who actually have the tune installed and have tried these options.

Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
1st thought that came to me was if they can't answer how their tune affects other features and systems in the car, then maybe they aren't the place to buy a tune.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
1st thought that came to me was if they can't answer how their tune affects other features and systems in the car, then maybe they aren't the place to buy a tune.
Yeah, same thoughts here.

One question in particular, should absolutely be known. Auto Rev match. Also, what features would become unavailable.

Those are the two real Q's.

Rest of it isn't really that relevant. A tunes not going to make exhaust louder in different driving modes. Active exhaust modes would be independant control of exhaust volume.

Most of that is general feature inquiry, not specific to tuning. Additionally, I believe the owners manual goes over it. If not, it has been more than covered here already.

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
Hey there! I have had my Bullitt Steeda tuned since 8/2019. Had the car for 2 months not tuned. The tune wakes the car up and makes it feel faster. I've never dynoed so I can't speak for actual gains, but I believe Tuning by James (who does Steeda's tuning iirc) has dyno charts available. I still have the pops and gurgles from the exhaust. You have the option of having it either way. The drive modes still work as they are supposed to. I use them all at times as my car is my daily and I live in the Chicago area. Snow mode is a must have for me haha. The active exhaust still works as it should also. The rev matching feature still works and you can still turn it off via the menu. I haven't found any features that I've lost with the tune. Highly recommend. Obviously though you do run the risk of warranty issues down the line with tuning. FWIW I haven't had a single problem and I'm at 23k spirited miles.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same thoughts here.

One question in particular, should absolutely be known. Auto Rev match. Also, what features would become unavailable.

Those are the two real Q's.

Rest of it isn't really that relevant. A tunes not going to make exhaust louder in different driving modes. Active exhaust modes would be independant control of exhaust volume.

Most of that is general feature inquiry, not specific to tuning. Additionally, I believe the owners manual goes over it. If not, it has been more than covered here already.
To whom were you speaking with? Tuning by James perfected the tune but that information should have been provided to our internal team - please let me know who you spoke with so I can ensure we have the appropriate details based on your questions.

Let m know - believe Nicole covered the tuning response you were requesting.

On my 2020 Mustang GT - the Steeda tune wakes up the car & the active exhausts, drive modes are not impacted by the tune - understand its not a Bullitt.

TJ

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
To whom were you speaking with? Tuning by James perfected the tune but that information should have been provided to our internal team - please let me know who you spoke with so I can ensure we have the appropriate details based on your questions.

On my 2020 Mustang GT - the Steeda tune wakes up the car & the active exhausts, drive modes are not impacted by the tune - understand its not a Bullitt.

TJ
Just talking in the thread, in regards to the OP.

I already have a tuner, and have no questions about tunes, the car, or active exhaust.

Nice to see you guys hovering on here, but then again mustangs are your bread and butter, wouldn't make sense if you weren't, lol. Something BMR needs to pick up on for sure, lol

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just talking in the thread, in regards to the OP.

I already have a tuner, and have no questions about tunes, the car, or active exhaust.

Nice to see you guys hovering on here, but then again mustangs are your bread and butter, wouldn't make sense if you weren't, lol. Something BMR needs to pick up on for sure, lol
Oh, sorry, got you mixed up with the OP ... disregard :)

We have a pretty good influence on here, Facebook & try to monitor the other forums as well - we try to do our part!

Have a great night.

TJ

OP
OP
Calipony

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

TJ
I spoke to Matt. I’ll call back tomorrow and ask for James, being that it’s his tune…

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Hey there! I have had my Bullitt Steeda tuned since 8/2019. Had the car for 2 months not tuned. The tune wakes the car up and makes it feel faster. I've never dynoed so I can't speak for actual gains, but I believe Tuning by James (who does Steeda's tuning iirc) has dyno charts available. I still have the pops and gurgles from the exhaust. You have the option of having it either way. The drive modes still work as they are supposed to. I use them all at times as my car is my daily and I live in the Chicago area. Snow mode is a must have for me haha. The active exhaust still works as it should also. The rev matching feature still works and you can still turn it off via the menu. I haven't found any features that I've lost with the tune. Highly recommend. Obviously though you do run the risk of warranty issues down the line with tuning. FWIW I haven't had a single problem and I'm at 23k spirited miles.
Dumb question time: does the tuning hardware (eg- SCT tuner) have to stay permanently connected to the vehicle? Or is it just to load the program initially?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
only long enough to load the tune.
Sponsored