Oz specs brochure:

Bullitt Specs AUS.jpg
Sponsored

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
That would suggest the gauges are not going to make it onto RHD vehicles. And Ill almost bet my shirt that if EU cars dont have the strut brace it will be due to pedestrian safety regulations and how much deformation is required in the bonnet (the hood for our friends across the pond) before hitting something hard.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That would suggest the gauges are not going to make it onto RHD vehicles. And Ill almost bet my shirt that if EU cars dont have the strut brace it will be due to pedestrian safety regulations and how much deformation is required in the bonnet (the hood for our friends across the pond) before hitting something hard.
Think you are right with the gauges and the strut tower, sounds more like Ford saving money again

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Think you are right with the gauges and the strut tower, sounds more like Ford saving money again
As far as I can see, there are no option packs for right hand drive vehicles that would add gauges to the car, so it would just be for the bullitt. However given the relatively low number of bullitts they will be making in right hand drive, to also set up the tooling for a dash panel for RHD cars and guages would probably be uneconomical.

I doubt its down to saving money for the strut brace on EU cars, and just a simple way of meeting pedestrian impact rules. Should be a simple aftermarket fix if that is the case and nothing else fouls the bump stops in the engine bay on RHD cars. That's provided a supllier can be found for these braces to ship to the UK, or they may even choose to sell them aftermarket from Ford in the UK and EU, they just cant sell the cars with them - they know full well just about every owner would buy one.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Yep, looking like the strut tower brace will not be on our Bullitts. Gauges we can sort of accept as no RHD cars have had them. Brace is disappointing though - I'll probably buy one and fit it down the track.

We're also short a few kW's too - 345kW is around 462hp vs 480hp for US market cars. Maybe the rating standard is different - worthwhile looking into.

Cheers

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
As far as I can see, there are no option packs for right hand drive vehicles that would add gauges to the car, so it would just be for the bullitt. However given the relatively low number of bullitts they will be making in right hand drive, to also set up the tooling for a dash panel for RHD cars and guages would probably be uneconomical.

I doubt its down to saving money for the strut brace on EU cars, and just a simple way of meeting pedestrian impact rules. Should be a simple aftermarket fix if that is the case and nothing else fouls the bump stops in the engine bay on RHD cars. That's provided a supllier can be found for these braces to ship to the UK, or they may even choose to sell them aftermarket from Ford in the UK and EU, they just cant sell the cars with them - they know full well just about every owner would buy one.
You could well be right, but It just brings back memories of what they removed from the 15-17 Mustang, like hood vents, tri bar running light, memory seat and this one is a definite money saver, not moving the handbrake and cup holders, but hey I will still buy a new one even with things missing :)

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Yep, looking like the strut tower brace will not be on our Bullitts. Gauges we can sort of accept as no RHD cars have had them. Brace is disappointing though - I'll probably buy one and fit it down the track.

We're also short a few kW's too - 345kW is around 462hp vs 480hp for US market cars. Maybe the rating standard is different - worthwhile looking into.

Cheers
I believe (im sure others will correct me if Im wrong), that the reason for power drop on RHD cars is down to the necessity of a smaller bore down pipe from the exhaust in order to avoid fouling other items in the engine bay when the steering is moved over to RHD.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I believe (im sure others will correct me if Im wrong), that the reason for power drop on RHD cars is down to the necessity of a smaller bore down pipe from the exhaust in order to avoid fouling other items in the engine bay when the steering is moved over to RHD.
Well yes but the European LHD Bullitt is down a similar amount

BTW I have no build date and mine was put through as an order as soon as the MY19 books opened

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oz specs brochure:

Bullitt Specs AUS.jpg
There are differences between the Aus and UK version, if I am reading it right Magneride is standard? and Recaro Seats are optional? Any other differences

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
There are differences between the Aus and UK version, if I am reading it right Magneride is standard? and Recaro Seats are optional? Any other differences
Magneride is standard, Recaro seats optional for Oz.

The header situation only accounted for a few kW before.

Sponsored

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Biffboff, what info did you get from your dealer in order to get the window sticker? Ive asked several times for my Vin, but got nowhere, I do have the order number and the dealers code, but cotus draws a blank on that (dealers code I have is too long for cotus, so i try trimming it in various ways but no luck).

I take it you managed to get your VIN and used the usual way of getting the window sticker?

Like you I also have a previous model GT. (though mine is convertible, so is a bit more wobbly anyway)

A bit annoyed about the gauges and possible lack of strut brace, but it is what it is. Im wondering if the strut brace is removed for all EU cars, not just RHD, to improve the pedestrian impact safety scores? Just a thought. If so, then I see no reason why it couldnt be a bolt on addition later. Just need to find somebody that can A, get one, and B ship one from the states.

Hi Redball,

My dealer "Parks Ford in Stirling" have on the ball through out (used to be McRae & Dick) they used the dealer "Vista.dealerconnection.com" system to look up the order this gives you all the build date and expected delivery, this has the short VIN number on it then you go through the process of creating the rest of the VIN using the VIN decoder from one of Manders posts.

Yes for the usual way to get the window sticker, used the links on one of the sticky's posts at the start of UK section on detailed order process

I actually asked the dealer to see if he could get a picture with the "hood" open to see what we are getting, the only pictures he received from ford were of the US release, (the steering wheel was the give away in the pictures he sent) I know we have the hood vents but I cant even find out if we still have the pop up bonnet for pedestrian safety.

My delivery is still showing as 28th September so I'll just have to wait

Cheers Biffboff

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec

Cheers
Some information regarding the UK RHD Bullitts.

I was concerned that many of the US items would be missing on the UK Bullitts so after viewing a US Bullitt whilst I was in Massachusetts at Rodman Ford I emailed my dealer and then Ford Uk who have now replied with a UK spec list & this is listed.......

FORD of EUROPE RHD Bullitt.

Gauge Pack (Oil pressure and Vacuum)
Modified GT350 intake Manifold
Diffirental with 3.55 Axle Rotation
Silver Painted Strut Tower Brace with Bullitt Badge
Increased Top speed to 163MPH.

I have the fill spec which you should all be aware of but the above is what we were all waiting to have confirmed.

So here is conformation that Uk cars will be a Bullitt and not just a painted GT.

Pictures taken at last week at Rodmans/Foxborough with a Bullitt and GT350 awaiting PDI.
IMG_6939.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG
IMG_6934.JPG
IMG_6940.JPG

Last edited:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It will be nice to see this stuff actually on a Uk Bullitt, There should be some about by the middle of this month. Diff is no different to standard UK GT’s

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Some information regarding the UK RHD Bullitts.

I was concerned that many of the US items would be missing on the UK Bullitts so after viewing a US Bullitt whilst I was in Massachusetts at Rodman Ford I emailed my dealer and then Ford Uk who have now replied with a UK spec list & this is listed.......

FORD of EUROPE RHD Bullitt.

Gauge Pack (Oil pressure and Vacuum)
Modified GT350 intake Manifold
Diffirental with 3.55 Axle Rotation
Silver Painted Strut Tower Brace with Bullitt Badge
Increased Top speed to 163MPH.

I have the fill spec which you should all be aware of but the above is what we were all waiting to have confirmed.
This is in the PDF distributed to dealers. The accompanying photo shows no dash gauges. So sorry I'm taking it with a pinch of salt...although my dealer stresses it will definitely have the gauges Ford have said so. How could it be wrong :crackup:

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
And no strut brace on RHD models in Australia

img_1334-jpg.jpg
Sponsored