chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I like the procharger because it keeps the gt350 intake mani, strut brace, and throttle body, it’s a self contained system, isn’t prone to heat soak in az heat, and least invasive.
From what I've read, the same can be said of the ESS unit. True or false?
Sponsored

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
From what I've read, the same can be said of the ESS unit. True or false?
I'm not sure, I haven't looked into the install of those. something would probably be needed to mate the charge pipe to the larger throttle body - shouldn't be hard

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the ESS kit. It will fit without any issues.

Defyant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Keeping the OEM GT350 bits make centrifugal blower a strong contender also.

Sponsored

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I like my P1X - makes 628 whp on a conservative tune on 91 octane. 15* timing and <9 lbs of boost.

It doesn't give you that instant torque hit like a PD, but still shoves you back into the seat. I never find it to be lacking torque at all. It's still noticeably more than stock. I don't have to worry about blowing tires off or running drag radials all the time. If ESS bolts right up, that would be a solid choice - they seem like a good value and I don't see anyone unhappy with theirs.

I wanted a separate drive so I went PC - I spend most time at elevation so I would like to run small pulley up at altitude to get boost back. Then be able to quickly switch back to big pulley for sea level.

Everyone likes what they have because there literally isn't a bad option.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
Lol I'm from GA if you want a ride in a TVS I can give you one :)
If you go to those cars and coffee in hapeville let me know .
We can meet up.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I like my P1X - makes 628 whp on a conservative tune on 91 octane. 15* timing and <9 lbs of boost.

It doesn't give you that instant torque hit like a PD, but still shoves you back into the seat. I never find it to be lacking torque at all. It's still noticeably more than stock. I don't have to worry about blowing tires off or running drag radials all the time. If ESS bolts right up, that would be a solid choice - they seem like a good value and I don't see anyone unhappy with theirs.

I wanted a separate drive so I went PC - I spend most time at elevation so I would like to run small pulley up at altitude to get boost back. Then be able to quickly switch back to big pulley for sea level.

Everyone likes what they have because there literally isn't a bad option.
i am down in the valley. wondering where you purchased the kit, who did the install and tuning?

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
i am down in the valley. wondering where you purchased the kit, who did the install and tuning?
I had cordes performance do the install, they partner with palm beach for the tunes. The install was flawless. They work on mclarens, high end corvettes, etc and my car was treated no different. Joe the owner was very fair on the labor and clearly explained all the options I had. 10/10 would recommend the shop.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I had cordes performance do the install, they partner with palm beach for the tunes. The install was flawless. They work on mclarens, high end corvettes, etc and my car was treated no different. Joe the owner was very fair on the labor and clearly explained all the options I had. 10/10 would recommend the shop.
awesome. I know that shop. Much thanks.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
So I went with the Procharger Supercharger. I was just notified that it has been shipped and headed to the shop that's doing the install and custom tune. I'm thinking it should be installed by Feb 4. I''ll post numbers.

This is the one I got

19 Mustang Bullitt - P1SC-1 ProCharger Kit + Installation & Dyno Tuning

I did a lot of research/homework on Whipple, VMP and the ProCharger, with is self-contained lubrication (SCI).

Procharger by far is the lease invasive system, that still makes 650-700hp without making game changing upgrades to your engine. There's too much type, the only advice I can give is to vet all three thoroughly, and call the manufactures for expert questions.

Goodluck
So, I ended up making 561whp and 438tq
A stock Bullitt makes roughly 426whp/391

This is basically the stage 1 kit with stock fuel injectors and headers, with 6.5lbs of boost. I plan on doing long tube headers very quickly, (probably within the next 30 days).

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I put the complete stage 1 Whipple kit on my Bullitt. It made 675 rwhp SAE at 7,800. Started and ran flawlessly. More than enough torque down low.
I have also had a procharger on my '18 10r80. I think for the manual transmission the whipple gave the torque lower that the crummy trans gearing the Bullitt has. Both are very good and dependable. Bought both from Beefcake.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I put the complete stage 1 Whipple kit on my Bullitt. It made 675 rwhp SAE at 7,800. Started and ran flawlessly. More than enough torque down low.
I have also had a procharger on my '18 10r80. I think for the manual transmission the whipple gave the torque lower that the crummy trans gearing the Bullitt has. Both are very good and dependable. Bought both from Beefcake.
what size pulley/boost? Long tube headers, fuel injector upgrade?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited