Sponsored

Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video?

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In the 2018 walkaround from the Chicago Auto Show, the chief engineer mentioned taking some of the brightwork out of the interior so perhaps that would carry over to the outside.
Taking brightwork out of the interior is to cut down on glare on the windshield, just like they did to an extreme on the GT350.

I did finally see an S550 with that roof/pillar chrome/satin trim today, though, and it does look nice. I'd still rather Bullitt not have it, but it does look nice.
Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did it look like the same finish as the 50th AE?
The car was driving next to me, so I couldn't look that closely, but I think so. It looked more like a satin finish than chrome to me, at a glance.

Ford officially calls it a "Bright" Beltline and Window Surround, so that doesn't really allude to it being chrome or satin. It seemed more satin, though.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A person on the Ford Build-and-Price chat said that that trim piece on the current Mustangs is more of a satin finish than chrome, and it is intended to match the polished aluminum wheels.

It looks like the Mustang GT Performance Pack has kind of a satin black/black chrome finish for those pieces, though, so perhaps they could be retrofitted onto a 2018 Bullitt if people don't want the satin metallic finish.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
As long as its not shiny trucker chrome I am fine.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they will add chrome surround tail lights like the 50 to the Bullitt? I am not so sure the entire rear chrome surround on the original bullitt would look good for a modern car or can be implemented.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Maybe they will add chrome surround tail lights like the 50 to the Bullitt?
Highly doubtful as the original 68 came out of the factory with chrome surround tail lights that were intentionally painted over on the film car.

Agreed that the entire rear chrome surround would be impossible on a modern version.

I would expect the black panel between the tail lights to stay and Ford to mistakenly point to how it matches the black panel ont he original--which it doesn't. Many recent "68" recreations have painted the panel between the rear lights black on a mis-watching of the movie in which the area appears black. But that is just an optional illusion caused by the coved tail panel being in shade.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Highly doubtful as the original 68 came out of the factory with chrome surround tail lights that were intentionally painted over on the film car.

Agreed that the entire rear chrome surround would be impossible on a modern version.

I would expect the black panel between the tail lights to stay and Ford to mistakenly point to how it matches the black panel ont he original--which it doesn't. Many recent "68" recreations have painted the panel between the rear lights black on a mis-watching of the movie in which the area appears black. But that is just an optional illusion caused by the coved tail panel being in shade.
Yeah the blacked out panel seems to be common these days and even some "good" Bullitt clones do it. It looks good both on the old one and the new so I don't care what Ford does on the new one. But yeah, technically it never was black. Some argue they do it to make it look like how the car appeared on film, not how it actually was. :shrug:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Dead on Bullitt... the trouble with the 'new' 68 Bullitt recreations is the movie - once you watch the movie and freeze frame alot (as you note) that tail clearly isn't black...but body color. I've seen guys try to argue the issue at car shows and it is sad as it isn't up for discussion...the tail was body color-period.

But if they make the bloody thing (I'm not expecting it- earlier pics of the new 18 also show a '18 Boss 302 in the background- I think it is just a red herring to throw some fuel on the fire and chatter/buzz about the 18s, but I do hope I'm totally dead wrong and they build it) I'm perfectly happy to go with the black tail...it ain't a 68, it is a modern tribute and that is perfectly fine with me.

Ford- build 5000, they will sell. In 01 you did 3 colors, in 08/09 you went with 2 colors...lets get it right this time- 1 color.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
earlier pics of the new 18 also show a '18 Boss 302 in the background- .
Nope.....it was a '13 Boss 302 in the (computer generated image). It was also shown in a silver/grey, which the Boss was never available in.

I see this as a purely "passing the baton" kind of thing.......i.e. the new '18 GT is as capable as the '13 Boss 302 :)
Boss.jpg

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
^ Did anyone notice the rubber support in the cup holder? It's belong to MY15 only :doh:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Parts I'll be ordering from the 18':

aluminum start button
satin shift boot trim
satin cupholder trim
satin vent ring trim

Would love to retrofit the active quad exhaust and rear valance but it's going to be way to pricey.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
^ Did anyone notice the rubber support in the cup holder? It's belong to MY15 only :doh:
My wife did. She misses those from when I had my EcoBoost. It was like a stress ball type thing that she would play with sometimes lol. She hates that my 16 GT now has the plastic (and less effective) cup holder supports. When she saw the (possible) return of the rubber supports that's when she was excited for me to possibly get an 18 Bullitt. :lol:

Once people are actually allowed to sit in the 18s I'll be curious to see if they really did revert back or if it's just the computer render person being lazy and using old shots.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My order will be

A10
PP addition if possible with A10 unless it already has some bundle in the Bullitt edition.
ACC
Top of line 4xx package to get the rain sensing wipers/BLIS etc.
Digital Dash
Magnaride

Do not care for any sound system options.

But based on experience I most likely have to order the car, because here in CA, most Dealers do not order Mustangs on the lot with the ACC option. so If I were to get a GT/CS I would have to order to get the ACC.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
My order will be

A10
PP addition if possible with A10 unless it already has some bundle in the Bullitt edition.
ACC
Top of line 4xx package to get the rain sensing wipers/BLIS etc.
Digital Dash
Magnaride

Do not care for any sound system options.

But based on experience I most likely have to order the car, because here in CA, most Dealers do not order Mustangs on the lot with the ACC option. so If I were to get a GT/CS I would have to order to get the ACC.
If you get the 401A then you will get the top end sound system. Ford doesnt seperate audio upgrades.
Sponsored