Sponsored

Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video?

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I really doubt it will be lighter, as the items you mention are heavier than the 6 speed trans and standard shocks, but the next model with a full redesign, maybe we see an aluminum main structure which would drop some weight for sure. It will be interesting to see how much the forged wheels weigh though.

Or maybe they go the easy way like GM with the Camaro, and just shrink it. I hope not, it fits me like a glove right now.
If it were significantly lighter, you can bet they'd have been shouting it from every unveiling and press release...
Sponsored

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
http://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2018/

Approx. 300 lbs lighter due to aluminum use!!

They didn't say anything about it, but is it possible the 2018 Mustang has some extra aluminum parts saving 100 lbs+- ? Maybe they're keeping that a secret along with the actual HP rating to surprise everyone?

That would be enough to get people to upgrade, -100 lbs, 455+ hp, 10-speed auto, magnaride shocks. The performance for that would be GT350 territory with a tune & the right wheels/tires.
Ain't gonna happen.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I feel it will become a reality for me to own a poor man's British Racing Green Jaguar F Type. ;-)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Think I'd Paint that Expedition rear Window Pillar Black.

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is engine spun...
attachment.jpg
I was hoping for a revision with bigger circles. Otherwise, "duh, Tony", we already have engine spun-like pattern in the existing PP cars, similar to the photo, so I'll deal :-)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Adding to the wish list it would be really cool to see the louvered glass quarter window louvers from the 50th LE. I thought that was an awesome design touch when they first came out and it would be a cool touch for the Bullitt since it'll be limited as well probably and hopefully wouldn't spoil the specialness of the 50th LEs. It looks like in the leaked design images it's the standard window but who knows.
2015-ford-mustang-50-year-limited-edition-louvers-window.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am also hoping for the chrome surround on the grill as well, it is just too hard to see in the video, either thats chrome or a light reflection on the edges of the grill

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Adding to the wish list it would be really cool to see the louvered glass quarter window louvers from the 50th LE. I thought that was an awesome design touch when they first came out and it would be a cool touch for the Bullitt since it'll be limited as well probably and hopefully wouldn't spoil the specialness of the 50th LEs. It looks like in the leaked design images it's the standard window but who knows.
2015-ford-mustang-50-year-limited-edition-louvers-window.jpg
I really wish the Shelby GT350 had those window louvers from the 50th LE, after all the rear quarter louvers were a signature look for the original GT350. But I'll be happy if they appear on the Bullitt, as the original Bullitt had them as well. :thumbsup:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Adding to the wish list it would be really cool to see the louvered glass quarter window louvers from the 50th LE.
That's a great suggestion. :cheers:

They would definitely add to the 'limited' character of the car and they do indeed look great because they give the optical effect of a window scoop without the annoying limitation in rear side view.

They also match perfectly with the chrome window trim, as demonstrated on the 50th LE.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I HATE chrome, but love Dark Green Mustangs. I would put up with the little bit of chrome around the windows to get a DHG GT, but quite trying to dump more of that crap on it.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To link to the '68, I want subtle silver highlights around the edges of the front grille. A satin finish would be preferable, but I would take chrome. I think the contrast looks good against a sea of green. I could be ok with a similar contrast around the window edges since it's been seen on this body style before.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If its chrome I'll wrap it satin....I hate chrome lol.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Maybe I'll blacken the chrome, that would look awesome!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the 2018 walkaround from the Chicago Auto Show, the chief engineer mentioned taking some of the brightwork out of the interior so perhaps that would carry over to the outside.
Sponsored