Sponsored

Bullitt Resonator different than Mustang GT?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
True, but cars didn't weigh nearly as much as they do today. And the lower maximum power was offset to some extent by the higher low-end torque, which could be achieved because emissions regulations were much more relaxed.
My first car had 75 HP, but it weighed just 995 kilograms. It went like stink. Put a 75 HP engine in any 2022 vehicle, and you'll be overtaken by pedestrians.

Non-active mufflers would be different, of course. Do you happen to know the product number for GT active ones?
That's a good point on weight...everything is much heavier these days.

Active muffler part numbers:

RH - JR3Z*5230*FC
LH - JR3Z*5230*FD
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I see. So they're indeed different from those in the Bullitt. That explains the different exhaust sound.
Thanks.
It would be interesting to see what is different internally between all the different mufflers to see what makes them sound different.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I see. So they're indeed different from those in the Bullitt. That explains the different exhaust sound.
Thanks.
Only the finish of the tips is different (until proven otherwise).
Bullitt has matt black exhaust tips, GT bare metall finish.
I would guess, it's mainly the different intake that's responsible for the different sound.
In addition, the tune differs.

The Mach1 has the same intake and tune but different mufflers, so it sounds different again.
I bet a Mach1 with GT mufflers sounds like a Bullitt.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nope.

What is better than 480HP?

580HP!

Don't encourage the bastards (EPA). They are going to shove it down our throats all in good time.
I know your comment was mostly tongue in cheek but....

People have been screaming that since the 70's and here we are with 500HP NA 5.0's, FI V8's with 700+HP, V/I6's making 400+ and turbo 4 bangers making 300+HP. Cars have never been faster or more powerful no matter the weight.

....50yrs later still waiting for the EPA to kill the fun... I'm more annoyed that manuals are dying. Since I was a kid cars have gone from "really fast for stock" being a low 13-high 12 sec car and typical family cars being a 16-18 second cars, to now there are things running 10's and family cars pulling 13's. All while weighing more, andling better and getting better MPG.

The 2024 EcoBoost Mustang makes more HP and more TQ than the 32v v8 the 2003-4 Mach1 had 20yrs ago. Even with the weight increase, and ALL the new features and comforts in it it's just as fast, while also handing MUCH better, must safer in accidents, and getting better MPG.

So..... yeah I'm waiting for all this "doom and gloom" EPA stuff to happen. If anything it is going to be the common buyer that has a bigger impact. They are why manuals are going away, they are the ones wanting better MPG and more safety, and more room for kids, 4000 parking and driving sensors to make them feel safe. Meanwhile me out here just wanting a reliable, fun coupe with a manual has many less options than I did 20yrs ago. I'm pretty sure there may be more manual 4doors at this point, and those numbers are dwindling too. that worries me more than the EPA.

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Thanks for everyone’s posts. I was thinking about doing the Steeda resonator delete but honestly in sound clips online I don’t hear much of a difference if any. DB go up a couple here and there but if the stock Bullitt exhaust is tuned specifically for the car I am hesitant to change it out. That’s why I was curious about resonator and muffler part numbers. I get the mufflers are different oart numbers but that is because the Bullitt has the nitro coated exhaust tips.

yeah this all still seems to be clear as mud. Perhaps the Bullitt exhaust note and what makes it special is in the tune itself. Not hardware?
I have the steeda and it sounds amazing. The stang soooooooo much better with it, even in NORMAL exhaust mode, just sounds rumbly and vicious.. Unlike the stock muffler resonator.
Anthony

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I know your comment was mostly tongue in cheek but....

People have been screaming that since the 70's and here we are with 500HP NA 5.0's, FI V8's with 700+HP, V/I6's making 400+ and turbo 4 bangers making 300+HP. Cars have never been faster or more powerful no matter the weight.

....50yrs later still waiting for the EPA to kill the fun... I'm more annoyed that manuals are dying. Since I was a kid cars have gone from "really fast for stock" being a low 13-high 12 sec car and typical family cars being a 16-18 second cars, to now there are things running 10's and family cars pulling 13's. All while weighing more, andling better and getting better MPG.

The 2024 EcoBoost Mustang makes more HP and more TQ than the 32v v8 the 2003-4 Mach1 had 20yrs ago. Even with the weight increase, and ALL the new features and comforts in it it's just as fast, while also handing MUCH better, must safer in accidents, and getting better MPG.

So..... yeah I'm waiting for all this "doom and gloom" EPA stuff to happen. If anything it is going to be the common buyer that has a bigger impact. They are why manuals are going away, they are the ones wanting better MPG and more safety, and more room for kids, 4000 parking and driving sensors to make them feel safe. Meanwhile me out here just wanting a reliable, fun coupe with a manual has many less options than I did 20yrs ago. I'm pretty sure there may be more manual 4doors at this point, and those numbers are dwindling too. that worries me more than the EPA.
I agree - I would have a manual Mustang if not for the Getrag garbage...autos are just plain really REALLY good now, but I do miss shifting gears...that and people just don't know how to do it/don't want to learn.
Sponsored