Sponsored

Bullitt Resonator different than Mustang GT?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Thank you :like:

As a general trend / in most cases it seems to be :
  • Active exhaust guys = Love it.
  • Non active exhaust guys = Can be a bit loud and / or a bit tinny.
Interestingly and for what it’s worth, when my Ford tech first knew what I wanted him to fit he thought it was going to be ridiculous, but when he rung me after fitment he said he was really surprised and it was much less than he was expecting :like:

Note : Remember I’m a euro so we have cats and particulate filters :like:

WD :like:
We have cats too - particulate filters on UK Mustang? like, what a diesel truck has?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes similar, but they continuously regenerate when they are hot. They sit with the cat, but just before it. They are used for the very small particles which I believe are worse with direct injection.

We got them when the 18 launched and they are one of the reasons blamed for our lower power - although your USDM 2022 -10hp didn’t affect us and we are now closer than ever.

They do work, here’s a look down my 2020 back box and that’s the rear wall you can see :

1669487505486.jpeg

Our tailpipes need very little attention to keep them clean on the inside (admittedly my exhaust has just been refurbished - but not on the inside … lol) :

1669487568286.jpeg

1669487618047.jpeg

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Wow, surprising we don't have those here....would be beneficial to avoid soot covered exhaust tips from direct injection.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Considering all your other epa crap that’s going on, I’m amazed you don’t have them already !

I have to be honest, when the -10hp rumours started, it’s the first thing I thought of.

From a (very) selfish perspective I which you would catch up - it would make tuning our euros much easier if we were all on the same page (rather than us being the ignored minority) … lol

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Considering all your other epa crap that’s going on, I’m amazed you don’t have them already !

I have to be honest, when the -10hp rumours started, it’s the first thing I thought of.

From a (very) selfish perspective I which you would catch up - it would make tuning our euros much easier if we were all on the same page (rather than us being the ignored minority) … lol

Well, I would be the minority in this opinion, but I think there should be a standard across the board - if it costs 10-20 HP - who cares - 400+ HP is absolutely PLENTY

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
No, my car started life as a 400A base GT with two options, a 10R80, and a spare tire, and nothing else…

I have added Sync 3, activated drive modes, and added factory take off leather upholstery, so, now it’s essentially a “premium“ car, since ford seems to have lowered the bar on what makes a car “premium“ as of 2022-2023, there are premium cars with 18” wheels, and no leather wrapped console, which is super strange.
GT Premium 400A = Leather seats.
GT Premium High 401A = "Soft" touch console and door trim.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
It has been the same for all 2018+. Before then I don't remember if they were included in the Redline, etc. upgrades.
I remember that - there was the redline, some yellow one, and I think something else....I've never seen any of those packages in person, ever.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I remember that - there was the redline, some yellow one, and I think something else....I've never seen any of those packages in person, ever.
18+ has a midnight blue stitching pattern and the California Special has red stitching. The Redline, Showstopper and whatever the yellow one was were a bit much so you don't see them too often. Not many people want their interior to shout that much.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Well, I would be the minority in this opinion, but I think there should be a standard across the board - if it costs 10-20 HP - who cares - 400+ HP is absolutely PLENTY
Nope.

What is better than 480HP?

580HP!

Don't encourage the bastards (EPA). They are going to shove it down our throats all in good time.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@Paul McWhiskey
That's like John Holmes and Johnny Sins arguing about length... 🤦‍♂️

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Nope.

What is better than 480HP?

580HP!

Don't encourage the bastards (EPA). They are going to shove it down our throats all in good time.
well, that’s true - but I can remember “performance car” = 225 horsepower….and it was like that for a Long time - or we live in a world of relatively affordable accessible horsepower, it’s amazing

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
well, that’s true - but I can remember “performance car” = 225 horsepower….and it was like that for a Long time
True, but cars didn't weigh nearly as much as they do today. And the lower maximum power was offset to some extent by the higher low-end torque, which could be achieved because emissions regulations were much more relaxed.
My first car had 75 HP, but it weighed just 995 kilograms. It went like stink. Put a 75 HP engine in any 2022 vehicle, and you'll be overtaken by pedestrians.

BULLITT MUFFLERS:
KR3Z*5230*N
KR3Z*5230*M

2021 BASE GT MUFFLERS (NON ACTIVE)
JR3Z*5230*BD
JR3Z*5230*BC

Cat converters are the same between both cars - so it must be nothing more than different mufflers.
Non-active mufflers would be different, of course. Do you happen to know the product number for GT active ones?

That’s my way of thinking - but tread carefully so as not to offend :like:

My Steeda H went on today so this is very topical for me.

It’s the same but different, if that makes sense lol

From inside the car it’s a bit louder (in a good way), but quiet mode seems little different (which is also good). Defo a few more pops and burbles on the overrun. Rev matching sounds wicked when driving enthusiastically on the blips that take the rpm up to 5k+, it kind of makes the engine sound more responsive / more free revving (I know it not, it just sounds that way) :like:

From outside the car (all judged by my daughter who was in her room doing homework), it louder and smoother if that makes sense ? She said I thought you were home, then it got a bit louder, then some more, then I got home … lol

Cold starts (only had one since it’s been on) are ‘really’ nice.

I’m a M6 and in track mode (there are other modes … ?), I’ve not found any drone at any rpm.

Any drone inside? At any speed?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any drone inside? At any speed?
No, I can't find any drone :like:

Bear in mind the following with that statement though :
  • I'm not using the car to chase MPG.
  • I'm not sat on the motorway with cruise on.
  • I drive pretty much everywhere (other than late night) in track mode.
  • I like to let it rev.
  • I've only got limited mileage on it since fitment - meaning my experience with it is limited rather than it will alter sound as it 'beds in' (WTF? It's a pipe, it won't lol).
  • Like you - I'm a manual so with my style of driving, I'm probably at a different RPM to a auto for the same speed.
  • Like you - euro car with active exhaust.
  • Like you - euro car with GPF's
I should have done it sooner ... :wink:

Sponsored