Sponsored

bullitt - pre collission error. anyone else have this issue? any solutions to tell ford?

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
i have taken it to a ford dealership 3 times, really annoying with all sorts of excuses saying windscreen is the issue, its needs calibrating etc
i paid a diagnostic fee each time as they said its not covered under warranty (now expired)

its a 2019 bullitt mustang.

the last ford garage said they had to calibrate the camera twice whilst driving (front forward facing camera) i think its the one under the windscreen mirror and the error stopped for a few weeks, but has now come back

when i am on a long motorway drive, i have noticed the pre collision assist appears to come on automaticlly and then after a while its stops working and brings up the error again.

i am taking it to the ford garage again in january, but want to know what can i tell them? as they dont have a clue and i am going in circles

1) is it a software issue? ( there was a recall from ford which stated that errors would appear due to a software update needed), apparently the software update has been done, but the issue still remains? is it worth asking them to do a software update again?

2) does the camera needs replacing?/sensors needs replacing?

3) anyone else experience such an issue on their car, or does your pre-collission assist function at all times?

i dont' even want the feature, its just annoying the error comes on every time i start the car and i have to switch it off

i hope you can help

thanks
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
the last ford garage said they had to calibrate the camera twice whilst driving (front forward facing camera) i think its the one under the windscreen mirror and the error stopped for a few weeks, but has now come back
I noticed you have two threads, so I'll respond to the second. Please consider deleting your initial thread.

From your history, it reads like the garage struggled to calibrate the camera (they had to do it twice), but once done, things were fine, for a few weeks.

So we know at least right now the problem is not the calibration itself. The problem appears to be related to the camera or car losing its calibration or the calibration becoming corrupted.

Can you provide insight as to why the dealer felt your windshield could be causing the problem?

The thread is young, so others with more experience can chime in with ideas. One general suggestion for the problem would be to change one variable at a time to see if that fixes the issue. I wouldn't change multiple things at once. You could end up chasing your tail. While simpler, changing one variable at a time can take longer.

BTW, for the work accomplished before, is that work under warranty? Will they give you at least partial credit for not fixing the problem? Is there another dealer in the area you could take this work to?

Last edited:

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I assume that the UK Bullitt have ACC (adaptive cruise control) like the other EU Bullitt.
Am rather new to Ford, but then what does the camera have to do with pre-collision system?
For my unterstanding on cars with ACC, the pre-collision protection is handled by the radar sensor in the lower grille, for LHD it is behind the driver side smooth surface, for RHD maybe also (different side though).

There are more Threads about this, from him...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...comes-on-motorway-drives-and-goes-off.183776/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rd-protect-pre-collision-assist-error.179915/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-pre-collision-assist-was-fixed-after-i-paid-another-£120-for-diagnostics.180826/

@kyrusdemnati
How about continuing one of your existing threads, and not keep opening new ones?!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
If I am in a narrow street particularly with parked cars on each side my pre collison warning goes off and drives me nuts especially when there is nothing directly in front of my vehicle

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@POJ 1 It sounds like it should be calibrated.

Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I pulled my bumper off last night to get hands on my sensor. Found it to not be fully seated on one of the three prongs. The driver's side was the one that it was not fully seated on, (the "zone" might have been off 5 degrees max, tilted to the passenger side).

Reseated the sensor and I didn't get the warning on start up. I didn't drive today due to the incoming rain/shitty drivers. I'll find out tomorrow morning.

OP
OP

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
I pulled my bumper off last night to get hands on my sensor. Found it to not be fully seated on one of the three prongs. The driver's side was the one that it was not fully seated on, (the "zone" might have been off 5 degrees max, tilted to the passenger side).

Reseated the sensor and I didn't get the warning on start up. I didn't drive today due to the incoming rain/shitty drivers. I'll find out tomorrow morning.
that’s good to know I wonder if this a general manufacturer issue and just needs resealing. Ford told me they replaced my sensor and had delivery of its in a day , I was not convinced and they charged me £250.00

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
that’s good to know I wonder if this a general manufacturer issue and just needs resealing. Ford told me they replaced my sensor and had delivery of its in a day , I was not convinced and they charged me £250.00

My issues are completely gone. I'm not sure what happened to cause it but the sensor wasn't replaced.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Have you had your windshield replaced? Windshields are very picky about pre-collision systems I have been told, if you have non-OEM glass from a replacement that could be causing your issues.

My wife's Rav4 recently had the glass crack and while replacing with OEM the dealer mentioned that the Safelite replacement glass never works with the pre-collision systems. Perhaps a flawed windshield is throwing off this system over time after it is calibrated.

OP
OP

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
Yes I did have annoem
But had the issue before windscreen replaced but apparently it’s fixed now

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Sorry you are having issues. Cant help as (thankfully) US models don't have this nanny state baloney.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@Bulldog9
That are comfort functions.
Goes hand in hand with the ACC and can be set so that it does not engage the brake.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
@Bulldog9
That are comfort functions.
Goes hand in hand with the ACC and can be set so that it does not engage the brake.
US spec Bullits only have the rear warning system and it is an option. NO ACC or front warning systems. Very happy with this. Simpler is better imo

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
BLIS is unfortunately not available for EU-spec (I think because of the other exterior mirrors), would love to have it.

You can also switch the cruise control to "normal" like without ACC.
Daily driving and traveling I would not want to do without having ACC.
It fits perfectly with the shift lazy long ratio transmission for commuting.
(Without ACC I would not have bought the pony.)

For me these are all nice secondary functions, if it doesn't work, a light is on, or a message is there, but you can still drive.

OP
OP

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
What's so good about ACC Is it worth having that on I think it's as default ?

does it save fuel economy
Sponsored