Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
It's almost heresy to say that I had a 2012 Porsche 911 the 997.2 variant and I didn't think it was anything special. This Mustang is a much better car. It looks better, the technology is better, it sounds better, and it's quicker.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe we should rename the Bullitt Forum to "Senior Activity Center"
That's funny, but I wouldn't really say that. I've read there's a few of us in our 20s, then a few in 30s-40s and then mostly in their 60s...
I'm actually planning on doing a simple chart as I'm curious how it looks visually, the age categories

It's almost heresy to say that I had a 2012 Porsche 911 the 997.2 variant and I didn't think it was anything special. This Mustang is a much better car. It looks better, the technology is better, it sounds better, and it's quicker.
To each their own. I still can't get over how your Shadow Black looks purple in the pictures, pretty awesome. I've only seen 2 Bullitts in a year and never black, can you post a full picture of yours and also how do you wax it/keep it this shiny?

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
That's funny, but I wouldn't really say that. I've read there's a few of us in our 20s, then a few in 30s-40s and then mostly in their 60s...
I'm actually planning on doing a simple chart as I'm curious how it looks visually, the age categories

To each their own. I still can't get over how your Shadow Black looks purple in the pictures, pretty awesome. I've only seen 2 Bullitts in a year and never black, can you post a full picture of yours and also how do you wax it/keep it this shiny?
I use Klasse All-in-One and Dodo Juice waxes, I also use Wolfgang SIO2 Paint Sealant.

IMG_0216.JPG

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, wrong car.

IMG_0294.JPG

Sponsored

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
"Sorry wrong car"
"I just wanted to show off my other ride."
:D

Thanks, looks really good! Actually the dirty wheels somehow match the black color better!
That M5 wasn't as good a car as my Bullitt honestly. I had a 3 year lease on it and when the lease was up I turned it in and got the Mustang. The M5 replaced the 911 I mentioned previously. My take on cars is the high dollar German cars might have been worth the money back in the 70s and 80s but now all the cars are pretty good, everyone has caught up. I've owned or leased something like 13 BMWs and today they don't make a car I would consider. Same with MB. Audi is probably the best of that lot today. The last BMW I liked was an M3 E92 with a naturally aspirated V8 and stick shift but hey, that's a Bullitt.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That M5 wasn't as good a car as my Bullitt honestly. I had a 3 year lease on it and when the lease was up I turned it in and got the Mustang. The M5 replaced the 911 I mentioned previously. My take on cars is the high dollar German cars might have been worth the money back in the 70s and 80s but now all the cars are pretty good, everyone has caught up. I've owned or leased something like 13 BMWs and today they don't make a car I would consider. Same with MB. Audi is probably the best of that lot today. The last BMW I liked was an M3 E92 with a naturally aspirated V8 and stick shift but hey, that's a Bullitt.
I have owned and driven European cars for decades but the Bullitt is my first Ford. I love the Bullitt but it is not as refined nor as sophisticated as the Europeans. The level of fit and finish on the Europeans is way above the Ford as I would NEVER accept the flaws in the fit and finish on the Bullitt were they to be on any of the Europeans. But I knew that going in and accept it for the other things the Bullitt has.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
I have owned and driven European cars for decades but the Bullitt is my first Ford. I love the Bullitt but it is not as refined nor as sophisticated as the Europeans. The level of fit and finish on the Europeans is way above the Ford as I would NEVER accept the flaws in the fit and finish on the Bullitt were they to be on any of the Europeans. But I knew that going in and accept it for the other things the Bullitt has.
I don't think the fit and finish on BMWs is anything great now. The interior on my Bullitt is better than the BMW 3 and 5 series. They just ain't what they used to be probably because they have "invested" all there money in electric cars.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't think the fit and finish on BMWs is anything great now. The interior on my Bullitt is better than the BMW 3 and 5 series. They just ain't what they used to be probably because they have "invested" all there money in electric cars.
It's interesting to see a debate for fit and finish. I'd say that from my limited experience the Germans still outdo the quality over Ford, of course if you compare the higher end BMWs though. My dad has a 2017 540i back home in Europe, the quality is really good.

Yet yesterday I made the grave mistake of looking at the panel fitment on the Bullitt, ran my finger over the panel joints and in the panel gaps. Man what a mistake. 5+yrs of production of this gen and they still can't figure it out.
It's a great car, but the quality is just not there, at least not in my opinion. I do make excuses for the engine, fun car, looks, etc., that's all true, but it doesn't leave me wishing for bit more attention to detail...

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's interesting to see a debate for fit and finish. I'd say that from my limited experience the Germans still outdo the quality over Ford, of course if you compare the higher end BMWs though. My dad has a 2017 540i back home in Europe, the quality is really good.

Yet yesterday I made the grave mistake of looking at the panel fitment on the Bullitt, ran my finger over the panel joints and in the panel gaps. Man what a mistake. 5+yrs of production of this gen and they still can't figure it out.
It's a great car, but the quality is just not there, at least not in my opinion. I do make excuses for the engine, fun car, looks, etc., that's all true, but it doesn't leave me wishing for bit more attention to detail...
Hello everybody. Bear in mind that an M3 cost twice us much as an european Bullitt.

Sponsored

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
33 - bought new. This is much more subdued than my previous cars, maybe im growing up. 08 Torch Red Mustang GT Vert to 2010 Hemi Orange Challenger RT to 2012 Race Red Mustang GT to a 2017 GoMango Challenger T/A 392 to finally a 19 DHG Bullitt

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I thought this was a thread on age.
How did it get hijacked (or should I say radicalised)onto bmw's and audis?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I thought this was a thread on age.
How did it get hijacked (or should I say radicalised)onto bmw's and audis?
Happens to essentially every thread on this site - starts with one thing and gets carried away after someone comments something, this time between coltgus and myself. 🤷‍♂️
Not sure I'd say "radicalized," but anyway...

Try to log into some of the more controversial topics, for example the Mach-E thread has pages and pages of rabbit holes to go through.

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2005 F150 FX4
Happens to essentially every thread on this site - starts with one thing and gets carried away after someone comments something, this time between coltgus and myself. 🤷‍♂️
Not sure I'd say "radicalized," but anyway...

Try to log into some of the more controversial topics, for example the Mach-E thread has pages and pages of rabbit holes to go through.
Don't mind the threadjacking (to be expected) it happens everywhere.

One thing that I don't understand though (and maybe this is just me?) is people's love for BMW's, Audis, etc. . Don't get me wrong, I really understand that they have some very impressive performance vehicles, but in my opinion they are so bland I would never drive one. They look like almost any other sedan, and the coupes are just two door versions of the same basic styled vehicle.

I find it extremely hard to (nor do I care to) keep any of the models straight as they all look the same and are just a bunch of numbers.

People in some silly Facebook group i'm in where everyone trash talks everyone's car act like I'm insane for not liking BMW's or other german engineered cars. This does extend to japanese built cars too, but if I want a sports car I want it to look interesting and visually appealing instead of like a sporty Kia/Hyundai with a distinctive grill.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've owned several BMWs and Audis over the years, and never again. My last BMW was an M3 V8, and last Audi an S6 V8TT. But at least those cars were nice outside. The MB cars are ugly as sin, so it's probably the only non-exotic brand that I've never bought a car from. The interiors are finally better, but can't stand that tail-between-its-legs look on the rear. Might consider an E-class travel car, but will probably go with a '21 Genesis G80 instead.
Sponsored