Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

Slamson00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
46. Took home my 2020 Bullitt L3516 with only 7 miles on the odometer in November 2020.

Ford hit the ball out of the park with this car. I chose it over the GT350 due to the looks, nostalgia and history behind the car. Dream come true to own one ever since I watched Bullitt with my dad when I was a child.

B47A7A27-6679-4613-87D7-D950986D4B40.jpeg
Sponsored

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
46. Took home my 2020 Bullitt L3516 with only 7 miles on the odometer in November 2020.

Ford hit the ball out of the park with this car. I chose it over the GT350 due to the looks, nostalgia and history behind the car. Dream come true to own one ever since I watched Bullitt with my dad when I was a child.

B47A7A27-6679-4613-87D7-D950986D4B40.jpeg
How many miles have you driven so far?

PringleMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt L3553
67 .....looks like the average owner is around 50.4 from this string so far!

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Soon to be 59 a 2020 Bullitt

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Want one can't afford it . Second hand here they start at $89,000 AUD- and go up to over $100 000 AUD for one stored with zero miles. : (

Nb. 57 years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I don't mind that at all, that's fair. I think once there's more replies, I'll make a rolling chart, I'm actually super curious about the age categories etc.

Funny thing is, from what I've quickly seen, this vehicle has a 55+yr span of buyers. That's a big age window.
I'm not going to make any assumptions, but I'm guessing people in their 60-70s that were young when the movie came out probably went for nostalgia.

No matter what though, this car is fantastic. Best Bullitt iteration IMO
Not the case for me, it was all about the 'content' and setup of the car, plus that it was a limited special model. COuld care less about the movie nostalgia. I always thought the Bullitt movie was meh, and though a Steve McQueen fan, never understood why people thought that was a great car chase. Sacrilege I know, but there it is....

The balance of luxury/content/performance/style on the Bullitt was spot on for what I wanted. SO much so that it was my first Ford or Mustang. My dad and brother didn't believe me until they saw it. My brother (also a long time Mustang hater) sneered till he drove it and we did a back to back drive in an M4. At 50% the price of a new M4, the car is even more brilliant.

As he said "The ONLY thing not perfect about this car is that it is a Mustang"

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Not the case for me, it was all about the 'content' and setup of the car, plus that it was a limited special model. COuld care less about the movie nostalgia. I always thought the Bullitt movie was meh, and though a Steve McQueen fan, never understood why people thought that was a great car chase. Sacrilege I know, but there it is....

The balance of luxury/content/performance/style on the Bullitt was spot on for what I wanted.
Same here ... movie had nothing to do with it for me and why I chose black.

Rubicon10A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
62 in 3 days! 2019 Bullitt

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I turned 70 on Valentine's Day. 2019 Bullitt with about 8,000 miles

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

The balance of luxury/content/performance/style on the Bullitt was spot on for what I wanted. SO much so that it was my first Ford or Mustang. My dad and brother didn't believe me until they saw it. My brother (also a long time Mustang hater) sneered till he drove it and we did a back to back drive in an M4. At 50% the price of a new M4, the car is even more brilliant.

As he said "The ONLY thing not perfect about this car is that it is a Mustang"
Same here ... movie had nothing to do with it for me and why I chose black.
Responding to both quotes - of course not everyone bought it for that reason. I made a broad assumption on that. I grew up with "Gone in 60 seconds," so the "Eleanor" used to be a dream car of mine. Also being from Europe, Mustangs were always a symbol of America to me.

I bought for the very similar reasons, the blend of subdued looks, no loud badges or colors, power, equipment, uniqueness, and mainly the exhaust (one of the reasons I pulled the trigger) were the ones for me.
I was aware of the movie and the homage this model/trim pays, but it played very little role in my purchase/decision.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
I'm 78 and have a 2019 Black Bullitt with 3,200 miles. I've owned it since April 2020 when it was new. Incidentally I get a ton of compliments on the car and most of the people never heard of the movie.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you need to know a little history to understand the things you take for granted now.
[/https://carbuzz.com/news/here-s-why-the-bullitt-car-chase-scene-was-so-influential

SuncoastBLT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 BS L3634
76, 2020 SB w/ electronics and MagnaRide. About 1 month old, 800 miles. Added Xpel.
Sponsored