Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

Sammy1z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelvin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 6 Speed T. Gray/ Black Accent
I just did a full catback on my 2020 5.0, and man it is loud from front to back. To answer your question, YES!!!!! It makes more noise and you hear it as compared to the stock exhaust.
Sponsored

Sammy1z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelvin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 6 Speed T. Gray/ Black Accent
Oh, I did a Roush full catback.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Hey Shibaman, I have a Mach 1 that I'm considering putting an h-pipe on. questios for you..
Did the interior noise increase much, any drone at cruising speed?
Did it mess with the stock sound and gurgles at all or just increase volume?
Thanks
It sounds just like stock but quite a bit louder. I usually drive in sport mode....a bit loud. I have noticed on the freeway crusing in sport....you can here it. If you drive in normal mode...almost no sound at all.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
It sounds just like stock but quite a bit louder. I usually drive in sport mode....a bit loud. I have noticed on the freeway crusing in sport....you can here it. If you drive in normal mode...almost no sound at all.
All the snarls and pops are still there....just louderšŸ˜

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I installed the FP Magneride performance pack, Steeda Stop the Hop kit, G-Trac K brace, urethane differential bushing inserts, billet vertical links, adjustable sway bar end links, clutch spring and a MGW shifter. Everything Iā€™d do again. Handles like itā€™s on rails and shifts nicely. I have the 4.09 gears and the Bullitt tune sitting in the garage but havenā€™t installed them yet. Those are the only mods Iā€™m considering not doing for awhile, if ever.
Really interested to hear if you ever did the 4.09's and tune... already planning on doing this on the Mach 1 if I can find people who have gotten good results with it on the Bullitt motor.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
Really interested to hear if you ever did the 4.09's and tune... already planning on doing this on the Mach 1 if I can find people who have gotten good results with it on the Bullitt motor.
Havenā€™t done them yet. Iā€™m waiting on my Steeda Tune (Tuning by James) to be emailed to me in the next day or so, so I can try out both the 91 octane and E85 tune. Iā€™m really considering not doing the 4.09ā€™s and going the Whipple route and be done with it.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
4.09 gears would be a whole lot of fun for city driving and drag racing, but Iā€™d have to imagine that anyone who does them and then has to take a road trip; will burn through fuel at an alarming rate.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
4.09 gears would be a whole lot of fun for city driving and drag racing, but Iā€™d have to imagine that anyone who does them and then has to take a road trip; will burn through fuel at an alarming rate.
had them on my 2018, single best performance mod I did but I donā€™t really do any freeway driving.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
had them on my 2018, single best performance mod I did but I donā€™t really do any freeway driving.
I would love to have 4.56 gearing, but I drive on the highway a lot. The factory 3.73 gearing makes the car feel lazy in the lower rpm range to me.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would love to have 4.56 gearing, but I drive on the highway a lot. The factory 3.73 gearing makes the car feel lazy in the lower rpm range to me.
I never felt like it needed more than the 4.09ā€™s, didnā€™t regret not choosing a higher gear at allā€¦ REALLY woke up 3rd gear, wow what a difference. Any higher and first would be useless though, I started in 2nd a lot unless I was on a hill or needed to punch it.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€˜t taken it to the track yet. I purchased it new in July of 2020 and have right at 1622 miles on it now. I would say that it has been on jack stands being modded for about 5 out of the 7 months that Iā€™ve had it.

I can say that the mods Iā€™ve done have made a huge improvement over stock and I donā€™t regret any of them. The car handles a lot better than stock for my style of driving, has zero wheel hop, no engine torque-over and it sounds and runs great! The only negative I have is, it loves to drink E85, but thatā€™s acceptable to me, given the performance increase. The LTH, x-pipe and E85 tunes really woke it up power-wise. The Steeda Tri Ax race shifter, clutch spring and SS braided clutch line and Whiteline transmission insert bushing were also important mods to me. I installed the stiff set of springs in the shifter, which makes for tighter shifts vs the stock shifter.

I really canā€™t think of too many more things to do to it, other than get wheels and some ET Street R tires for track duty and pray that the stock half shafts, tranny and driveshaft hold at somewhere around the 650 rwhp level (at least for a while). If not, Iā€™ll have to address those areas as needed.
650 rwhp from E85 and LTH? That has to be a world record! Dyno or seat of the pants?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
650 rwhp from E85 and LTH? That has to be a world record! Dyno or seat of the pants?
Pretty close to that. My car dynoā€™d at 639 rwhp/602 rwtq on the 150 hp nitrous shot.