Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the feedback NGOT8R. I would not be doing the install, so I hope I get some more feedback before installing. CJ Pony suggested drilling a hole in the centre of the bushing about the size of a quarter to help reduce vibration. Did you do this for your install?
I did not drill a hole in mine. I just installed it the way it came. NVH is only noticeable on my car when passing through 40-45 mph and again at 70-80 mph, after which it goes away. If I had to rate it in terms of severity, I’d say it was 2-3, which is almost non existent.
Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hi Guys. Very modest mods, steeds hood struts and clutch spring and ceramic coating. However, I am considering installing the whiteline transmission bushing to improve the performance of the MT 82 transmission. If anyone has installed this mode only, could you give me some feedback on its application?
FWIW, I bought this one. https://www.maperformance.com/products/superpro-positive-shift-mount-2015-mustang-s550-spf5061k It didn't have the surface area the CJ Pony Whiteline one had so I figured it would have less chance of NVH but still do what it is intended to do.

It is a little cheaper and it doesn't have any NVH but by the same token, I don't notice any improvement in shifting firmness. I viewed this as one of those mods that if it helps it helps, if it doesn't, it was only $25.

I did notice that CJ also sells this https://www.cjponyparts.com/pedders...ansmission-mount-mustang-2011-2021/p/PED1028/ which is similar to mine but even less expensive.

Last edited:

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
Thank you NGOT8R and svtchris for your responses. I’ll see what happens when I get the Bullitt out for a spring run.
Cheers
Graeme

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Steeda Clutch Spring, Steeda H pipe, BMR IRS Support Brace and Cradel Lock out.

I have a Steeda SCT Tune and Kooks Ceramic Coated headers sitting in the garage since early Dec lol.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda Clutch Spring, Steeda H pipe, BMR IRS Support Brace and Cradel Lock out.

I have a Steeda SCT Tune and Kooks Ceramic Coated headers sitting in the garage since early Dec lol.
Time to get that car in the air and get those parts installed, so that you’ll be ready to enjoy them come Spring.

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I put on a h pipe. Sound...not really performance.
For suspension i went with the ford racing magnaride kit with the flash module. Perfect like it is.
Got some lighter forge star rims for spring and summer.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
For those that haven’t seen this video of this 2019 twin turbo Bullitt running a 9 second 1/4 mile, here you go! Fast forward to 55 seconds in and watch until about the 5 minute mark, where he breaks the transmission on the 2-3 shift. BTW, I do like the carbon fiber doors and trunk lid that he has on there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
"Get ready come spring..."

This is how I got ready for the spring in OH: :angel:

20210210_183242.jpg
How does the Bullitt handle in the snow? I remember driving my previous Mustangs in the snow. Some of them handled better than others.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How does the Bullitt handle in the snow? I remember driving my previous Mustangs in the snow. Some of them handled better than others.
Pretty dang well! I bought a Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires (255/40R19 all around despite Bullitt calling for bigger back tires) and new rims to put them on. I think I used the snow/wet mode once when the snow was fairly deep and plows haven't made it our way yet. Haven't gotten stuck once and I don't recall any scary moments, even though we got good amount of snow this year.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
I installed the FP Magneride performance pack, Steeda Stop the Hop kit, G-Trac K brace, urethane differential bushing inserts, billet vertical links, adjustable sway bar end links, clutch spring and a MGW shifter. Everything I’d do again. Handles like it’s on rails and shifts nicely. I have the 4.09 gears and the Bullitt tune sitting in the garage but haven’t installed them yet. Those are the only mods I’m considering not doing for awhile, if ever.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
For the guys who've installed the Ford Performance MagneRide Handling Pack, what changes did you feel? Is the ride a little harsher? Also, does it lower the car at all?

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
For the guys who've installed the Ford Performance MagneRide Handling Pack, what changes did you feel? Is the ride a little harsher? Also, does it lower the car at all?
Lowers the car about 3/4”. The ride is a little stiffer on normal setting. Sport and Track feel about the same until you corner aggressively, then the revised Magneride calibration, stiffer springs, and larger diameter sway bars make you feel like you’re on rails. The 3/4” drop is perfect imho
Sponsored