Sponsored

Bullitt order to Germany - 10 months old and no VIN...

Vins III

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vins
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 GC - Ducati Diavel
Hi all, I am new in the forum writing from Germany and - HOPEFULLY ! - new Bullitt owner in a near future.
I have read here all bunch of difficulties and delays related to this model, especially outside US for the very strict allocations..
Now, my situation is the following: recently been looking for a Bullitt to discover soon that it is pretty much impossible to get one unless you pay the overcharge applied by those shark-dealers that still have some... I was lucky (actually this we will have to proof...) to find a dealer that had ordered one for a customer which at the end could not pay, and therefore the dealer is now selling it to others.
I have copy of the original order he made to Ford at the end of March 2018, but the thing that worries me is that he is still expecting the VIN (!!!) which - he says - shall be provided by Ford within this month......
Two questions for you guys: is it possible to understand if a certain order (I have all bunch of codes, numbers and date..) is still "valid" / queued at Ford ? Is it really possible that after almost 10 months there is no VIN available?

Thank you in advance!
Vins
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
It shouldn't take to get a VIN. Maybe they sold you the car knowing they don't have an allocation. Just because they can build a car on their computer doesn't mean they can get it.

OP
OP

Vins III

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vins
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 GC - Ducati Diavel
It shouldn't take to get a VIN. Maybe they sold you the car knowing they don't have an allocation. Just because they can build a car on their computer doesn't mean they can get it.
well, not very encouraging as expected... thanks anyway
Sponsored