Sponsored

Bullitt Oil Change + Filter - What are the best?

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi,
Was wondering what oil & oil filter other Bullitt owners use. Coming up on my first oil change. The Bullitt is my second car and doesn't get too much use, just weekends and joy rides, so it sits around quite a bit.

Think I'll go with 5W-20 fully synthetic but not sure what brand would be best. I used Royal Purple on my 2016 GT and it worked well. Still have 4 quarts of that laying around, but open to using different brand.

Also read that some people use a "bigger", Ford Racing oil filter. Not sure what the benefit of that would be.

Thanks in advance for tips & opinions!
Sponsored

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
I recommend 5W30 full synthetic. Don’t get to hung up on the brand, there are lots of good oil brands available. I use the standard Ford filter with Mobil 1 for my Bullitt.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I recommend 5W30 full synthetic. Don’t get to hung up on the brand, there are lots of good oil brands available. I use the standard Ford filter with Mobil 1 for my Bullitt.
Thank you! Yeah, it's weird how Ford now recommends 5W30 for the Coyote for the 2021 model year, though it's the same motor.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I run 0w-40 because it is a 100% syn and the 40 weight protects better at high temps.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Full synthetic or synthetic blend?
Blend. Its what comes in the car and I've never seen any actual evidence that moving to Full-syn really helps. Will my engine maybe "only" last 470K instead of 510K? Maybe. But tracing that to oils near impossible.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Blend. Its what comes in the car and I've never seen any actual evidence that moving to Full-syn really helps. Will my engine maybe "only" last 470K instead of 510K? Maybe. But tracing that to oils near impossible.
True true... but I've also seen "blend" be a cryptic word and can contain as little as 25% full synthetic vs much higher. Your point is correct though, Ford's oil life monitor can show 16,000 kms and the engine doesn't know if you have conventional or a blend in it, and the owner's manual says you can use conventional. So...
Sponsored