JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Changes

Forgive me if engine pics have already been posted. I don't remember seeing them anywhere. Sorry the pics are crooked, but I was shocked they let me in there and even more shocked they open the hood for me. I'll tell the story and post a few more pics on Monday when I'm on a real computer. I hate posting from my phone.[/QUOTE

Forgive me if engine pics have already been posted. I don't remember seeing them anywhere. Sorry the pics are crooked, but I was shocked they let me in there and even more shocked they open the hood for me. I'll tell the story and post a few more pics on Monday when I'm on a real computer. I hate posting from my phone.
Thanks for the photos Jason!

It looks like they’ve come up with a completely new upper hood seal section for the 350 CAI Box. Instead of the segmented 350 seal with a Foam insert near the upper frame rail, they’ve made a complete seal, raised a bit, to mate with the hood. The lower part of the box may be the same, as they have a slight gap which still requires foam.

The Fuel Rail Covers are similar to the 350 Covers but at a different angle, with the 350 covers slanted at the angle of the 15 - 17 coil covers and the Bullitt’s horizontal like the 18 Engine Cover. They are now both the same length as the 350 Passenger’s side cover.

(Upon further review, it appears the Passenger Side Cover is about an inch or more further aft from the 350 Cover, with the Driver’s Side even with it.)

Instead of 5.2 Flat Plane Crankshaft, they have Powered By Ford embossed on the molding, to match the 18 Engine Cover, seeing as how the 18s and up have no Coil Covers.

The 350 Intake Manifold appears to be the same, though the Fuel Rails themselves are the 2018 5.0 Dual Fuel Double Metal, rather than the single metal of the earlier 5.0 or the Rubber of the 5.2.

The Throttle Body appears to be the same as the 5.2, as is the Air Tube, deleting the sound tube.

The 5.2 Fuse Box of the 350, and now the 18s and up, is there along with the 18 relocation of some Harness Connectors around the Fuse Box.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome pics!!!

Being that the new, '18 ecu uses SENT 3.0 (single edge nibble transmission) to communicate with the throttle body (15-17 do not), I'm going to take an educated guess and say the Bullitt TB is not the current GT350 TB. Yes, the size is the same but the actual electric motor/guts are not carried over.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Awesome pics!!!

Being that the new, '18 ecu uses SENT 3.0 (single edge nibble transmission) to communicate with the throttle body (15-17 do not), I'm going to take an educated guess and say the Bullitt TB is not the current GT350 TB. Yes, the size is the same but the actual electric motor/guts are not carried over.
Does this go for both the manual and auto? Could be why all the connectors around the Fuse Box and PCM are relocated?

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Awesome pics!!!

Or the GT350 changed over to the 18+ architecture.

OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Tony Alonso,
Here's the only other pic I have with the hood up. I've blown up the hood blanket portion to show it better.
20180323_123952b.jpg
20180323_123952b2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
@Stang Nut out of curiosity, did this car have the Electronics Pack (BLIS mirrors)? If so, did you get a look at the inside of the trunk? I'm still wondering if the B&O Play system will use the same subwoofer design as the Shaker Pro or if it's something different.
Bullitt,
If you'll tell me what to look for to see if it has BLIS, I'll search my pics and post what I find, otherwise I don't think I'll post the rest since they're just standard Bullitt pics. If anyone wants to see anything specific, I'd be happy to post it though.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bullitt,
If you'll tell me what to look for to see if it has BLIS, I'll search my pics and post what I find, otherwise I don't think I'll post the rest since they're just standard Bullitt pics. If anyone wants to see anything specific, I'd be happy to post it though.
I only mentioned BLIS because that comes in the package with the upgraded B&O system. If you didn't see the inside of the trunk then there's nothing to report, but thanks anyway! For future reference, BLIS equipped cars don't have the blind spot bubble in the corner of the side mirrors, instead having a little light that illuminates.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Tony Alonso,
Here's the only other pic I have with the hood up. I've blown up the hood blanket portion to show it better.

The bottom of the heat extractor looks different on the side where the CAI is and the heat blanket is modified. Wonder if they removed it on that side and put a fake vent in? Or routed it away from the seal area or filter area.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Looks good.
I think the production car will likely have engine cover.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I only mentioned BLIS because that comes in the package with the upgraded B&O system. If you didn't see the inside of the trunk then there's nothing to report, but thanks anyway! For future reference, BLIS equipped cars don't have the blind spot bubble in the corner of the side mirrors, instead having a little light that illuminates.
Looks like it is BLIS equipped.
20180323_124049b.jpg
20180323_124049b2.jpg

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Tony Alonso,
Thanks for that! It looks like the hood blanket is formed up to the edge of the open air element's edge and the exposed surface under the hood contacts with it. I am viewing that correctly?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Engine Cover

Don’t think there will be an Engine Cover. The Fuel Rail Covers are it. They have Powered By Ford, there is not enough room with the higher Intake Manifold and they have gotten rid of the extended Oil Fill Tube. They could cobble together some Coil Covers, but looks like they are putting all their eggs in the Rail Cover Basket.

Surprised they didn’t put a serial number on the Tower Brace like past cars, or on the Rail Covers like the 350. Maybe the Dash Plaque was enough for them, but you’d think there would be something in the engine compartment.

Also wonder if Ford Performance will now include the new, better fitting, Rail Covers, Standard with the Intake Manifold Power Packs when they ship later this year or next.

Also noticed the Engine Slant/Drop I’ve haven't seen before. The angle of the Fuel Rail Covers seems exaggerated.

You can really see the rise of the CAI Seal. Makes it look like the 350 hood is still lower than the 18/Bullitt.

The Mirror doesn’t show the quarter Convex Segment, but I can’t see the BLIS symbols. Must be there, though.

Sorry Jason, didn’t notice your BLIS text. Thanks.
DFFC4242-0D29-480E-B64B-E0C8E1D3294B.jpeg
489BA55F-8FD6-4176-B341-A17F1BF0C1E3.jpeg
CFFE44B5-2B6C-4C79-92C9-857780E9FF58.jpeg
3A337868-26FC-43B3-8BFA-25D82D91EA37.jpeg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
?

Any idea what this sticker or Card is? Did it have anything written on it?
71D3FC7C-26B7-4595-8A2A-5C5C79E50EC8.jpeg
Sponsored