Sponsored

Bullitt dreams slashed for now, considering an Ecoboost.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Anglia 106E Wagon, 2015 Ford Escape 2.0
The EB is a great car, but for me hitting the start button there was just something missing. (Ya I know)

I too loved the Bullitt, but realized more than anything I just liked the color.

For me the GT was the only choice because I wanted the V8 and also I wanted to mod it. If I got some sort of special edition, I wouldn’t have been so eager to mod it.

Now as far as the child seats, don’t listen to these guys! Stuff the kid seat in the back and let them enjoy the ride.
I have twins and when they were 1st born I had a 2000 Isuzu Vehi-cross.... have you ever seen one of these things?
6E5C9B12-D384-4E4F-954C-CF3635DA6EFC.jpeg
Well I had to, put down the back seats, put the kids in the through the back then put the seats up, climb in and buckle up their seatbelts... IT SUCKED! But guess what, that shit goes by so quick it’s just a blip in time.

Now my twins are 14, and we go everywhere in the Stang. Daughter sits in the back, has plenty of room and my son who is now taller than me rides shotgun.

Also personally I’m not very excited for the s650 as I think Ford might go ahead and mess this one up.. and you are taking about someone that has 2 Fords currently and owns stock in Ford.
You know, you're right. I had never seen one of those, until about 2 days after you posted that and then I saw one! Sheesh they are ugly but congrats to you for mking it work with twins!

Hello, Alex! Good luck with EB and Bullitt plans. You've received a lot of good feedback here. In the UK and Australia Bullitt Facebook groups, I am seeing a decent number of people trading in their Bullitts and getting a Mach 1. It doesn't seem to be the case here in the US. I hope that you find what you seek!!
Thank you sir, I was THIS close to getting a Bullitt this yr, stupid COVID. I'm in a great position to put a considerable deposit on an EB and still save towards a Bullitt so I will be ready to go once they come down (and hopefully stay down)

My dude, just get the ecoboost. Who knows when the used market will settle. The ones saying wait are saying to wait bc if you buy now and settle for something you didn’t want originally, you will have buyers remorse next day. Trust, I am king of buyers remorse. Buy the eco, drive it and have fun until you can get what you want. You will still have fun and this way you scratch your itch just a little to hold you over.
Thank you. I made the decision over the weekend so in the next few weeks will get the ball rolling. As I said before, it;s easy to say 'wait' when you already have a car in your stable, but I'm now at the point where I potentially would have to wait another 3 yrs and an Ecoboost is better than no Mustang at all, especially as the plan is for the wife to keep it long term which I think is something people here missed. I doubt I will have buyers remorse tbh.

You summed it up well, I've been waiting to scratch the itch for 3 years and you only live once.
Sponsored

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
[SPAM warning] Or get an Extremely clean 2015Mustang Ecoboost, 93-tune, Custom SS exhaust (mild), and 325's/285's on 19" custom Forgeline wheels (no spacers), Lowered 1", GT350 wing, with 25,800.2 miles... Asking $28K.

2015Mustang_IMAG0514.jpg

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but the wife wants orange, plus post 2018 they have the 10 speed auto.

smiddy012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2020
Instead, I am now considering getting the Ecoboost first to enjoy then pass onto my wife when I get the Bullitt. She is not interested in a GT and if I get a V8 I might as well use that money towards a Bullitt
I am assuming both you and your wife have already test drove the ecoboost, otherwise you’re probably in for a rude awakening - in which case, just have your wife drive an ecoboost (with performance back) then have her drive a stock GT… The difference is startling.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I am assuming both you and your wife have already test drove the ecoboost, otherwise you’re probably in for a rude awakening - in which case, just have your wife drive an ecoboost (with performance back) then have her drive a stock GT… The difference is startling.
THIS.
Rented an A10 Eco then purchased M6 GT... agree with above.

Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I'm sure the OP is getting tired of repeating himself, let it go people, he wants an orange ecoboost within his price range. Nothing wrong with that decision either. OP, good luck with the search, I know you'll enjoy it, I do mine every day.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
THIS.
Rented an A10 Eco then purchased M6 GT... agree with above.
I'm sure that is the case. However this is a car primarily for the wife and she doesn't need nor want the power of the GT. Me? Sure, but her current 250hp Escape is more than enough for her.

Yes we've driven one, and it is fast enough for her desires.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I'm sure that is the case. However this is a car primarily for the wife and she doesn't need nor want the power of the GT. Me? Sure, but her current 250hp Escape is more than enough for her.

Cool... ENJOY the car.. will look awesome and I love how most every mustang looks killer regardless of it being a GT or not. "There is a Mustang for everybody"

smiddy012

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2020

Yeah the specific issue I found was the shifting in the ecoboost just throws you back and forth like crazy, but that was an automatic so maybe the issue isn't so bad with manual.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Cool... ENJOY the car.. will look awesome and I love how most every mustang looks killer regardless of it being a GT or not. "There is a Mustang for everybody"
Thank you :) I'm excited and agree that once I get a Bullitt, I will probably not drive her EB much ;)

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the specific issue I found was the shifting in the ecoboost just throws you back and forth like crazy, but that was an automatic so maybe the issue isn't so bad with manual.
yeah the EB makes 'now' power, the GT lazy power. :)
The A10 in sport mode is seriously aggravating in the Eco. Like 'who is the 15yr old retard who programmed this'?

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Steve Lewis Subaru in Hadly, MA has a 2019 with 7,638 miles with all the options for $53,976. Makes be happy to see that asking price as it is about $3,000 over what I paid. Although I didn't order the Recaro seats.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thank you :) I'm excited and agree that once I get a Bullitt, I will probably not drive her EB much ;)
Once/if you get a Bullitt, you'll wanna daily it and get a stupid giggle/grin and joy in your heart when you hear the glorious pipes in the back sing, I wholeheartedly recommend this. Have done wonders for my soul (even though I'm a soulless bastard anyway tho)

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Just to follow up on closure with this. My wife took an extended test drive in one last week and thought she felt she could grow to enjoy it, she didn't 'Love it' and was a bit concerned with how she would do with the increased blind spots a coupe design car has. With that in mind I have decided to leave it and continue saving for the Bullitt. Thanks for all your input!

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After owning mine for a few years, and constantly monitoring the market, it seemed as if the base models don't, but the GT350s and Performance Packages do and mine never dropped below what I paid for it. And I guess you're not counting the rarity Mustangs from back in the day like the Cobras and classics? Because those are worth triple or more what they were new.

I never plan to sell mine but it's crazy seeing the value of my car at $10k-$12k more than what I paid for it with 20k more miles than when I bought it.

As someone that sold cars for 2 years He could have been bs'ing you lol. If someone called in asking if we still had a certain car they seen on the lot you want to create that feeling that they might lose the car if they don't act now. I would say "sure let me check the lot for you" then put them on hold for a few minutes then pick the phone back up and tell them that a customer has it out on a test drive right now. Salesman love using the "I can't guarantee it will be here" and "I can't guarantee you that same price if you come back later" lines. Maybe your guy was telling you the truth but I'm just giving you my experience lol.
Sponsored