Sponsored

Bullitt dreams slashed for now, considering an Ecoboost.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Anglia 106E Wagon, 2015 Ford Escape 2.0
Thanks all for the replies. However just to clarify, I'm not looking at an Ecoboost as an alternative to a Bullitt. As I said before, we intend to get both but the plan was for me to get a used Bullitt before my wife then got an Ecoboost.

Instead, I am now considering getting the Ecoboost first to enjoy then pass onto my wife when I get the Bullitt. She is not interested in a GT and if I get a V8 I might as well use that money towards a Bullitt.

There is no guarantee she (Or I) will like the S650 design either. However, we both LOVE the S550. Finally. Regarding 'wanting more', I race shifter karts so even a Bullitt will leave me 'wanting more' in that aspect. Both would be fast enough in stock form for us both to enjoy.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Don't settle, or you'll always be not completely satisfied with your expensive purchase.

Keep saving and keep looking. By the time you find the car you truly want, you'll be even more financially ahead when it comes time to purchase. It may not be tomorrow or even a couple months from now, but it'll happen and you'll be glad you waited.
I totally agree, the issue is I've been saving and waiting for 3 yrs, and it's highly unlikely they will come down until late 2022 from what I'm told. Waiting and saving is fine but where do you draw the line? At some point I want a Mustang and am in this situation because I waited instead of yeeting 'YOLO'.

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
If I were you I would get a GT now. And then if you were truly going to buy your wife and EcoBoost get another GT.

The GT is an awesome car you'll each have one if you want yours to be quicker than hers mod it.

At least with the GT you're not settling and it will sound good every time she starts it it will put a smile on her face

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Good luck.
By the time the lots are over stuffed with product.
It might be 2023.
This mess might kill off low volume models.
Odd part is the Auto makers quarter numbers are really good, for an industry with nothing to sell.
If the next quarters numbers are still good, I'm calling the whole thing a bunch of b/s.
The last quarters numbers should have been garbage. This quarter ends in what 30 days give or take.
Something tells me, they are going to be all smiles when the numbers come out. So I'll be calling the whole lack of stock on lots, a farce.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Good luck.
By the time the lots are over stuffed with product.
It might be 2023.
Yup, this is my concern with a Bullitt. I appreciate people saying wait, but I've already waited 3 years.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have wanted a Bullitt since they came out and finally had a decent deposit saved up this yr only for prices to skyrocket. Faced with the inevitability that it will probably be 2 yrs+ before prices come back to an affordable level (I set $35k as my budget) I am strongly considering getting a new Ecoboost first as we intended on getting one for my wife after I paid off the Bullitt anyway. With that in mind I had some questions:

At present I probably intend to keep my old SUV as it is only worth $3k ish but if I were to sell it, the Stang would be my car and therefore would occasioanlly need to be on parent duty. I am not basically WFH permanently so it wouldnt be used daily. Our kid just turned 3 so is still in a convertible seat and probably will be 2 ish yrs before moving to a booster (either the 5 point or traditional one). Does anyone have experience here of car seats in the back of S550's? Someone suggested I joined some car seat group on Facebook but no way in hell am I going into that snake pit of santimommy's!

If I were to buy a new one, what is the wait time at the moment? I've heard Flat Rock is shut down, but elsewhere I read it is having two 1-week shutdowns this month. Do customer orders take precedent over generic builds? I know it is a different plant but my friend ordered a F150 a month ago and he has a VIN and build date of late June. I ask as she is specific in that she wants an orange Coupe with the black accent package and a few other specifics that aren't on any car I have found nationwide and even then it's on a used car that is more than what a new build would cost (I get X Plan).

Thanks in advance, I will probably have more questions but look forward to joining the club.
As a Bullitt owner unless the V8 is a real driving point for you I would NOT have had to much grumble "settling" for a EB with the Hi-Po Package. It's still a REALLY fun car, faster than my 2003 Mach1 was, handles amazing. The ONLY thing its missing is the V8 rumble.

Honestly if they offered DHG on the EB there is a good chance I'd have saved a few grand and gotten it instead. For me the color was the driving factor.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Bullitt's were literally rotting on the lot in 2019. Couldn't even sell them for $40k at many dealers. Times sure have changed.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt's were literally rotting on the lot in 2019. Couldn't even sell them for $40k at many dealers. Times sure have changed.
Yup, Sadly I wasn't in a position to buy back then.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Don't even consider buying a car right now. Whether new, used, or about to go into the crusher. that's just a stupid idea right now.

Wait 6 months until Christmas time, and then go shopping. The lunacy will be over by then.
I hope your right. Or this could linger well into the new year.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have wanted a Bullitt since they came out and finally had a decent deposit saved up this yr only for prices to skyrocket. Faced with the inevitability that it will probably be 2 yrs+ before prices come back to an affordable level (I set $35k as my budget) I am strongly considering getting a new Ecoboost first as we intended on getting one for my wife after I paid off the Bullitt anyway. With that in mind I had some questions:

At present I probably intend to keep my old SUV as it is only worth $3k ish but if I were to sell it, the Stang would be my car and therefore would occasioanlly need to be on parent duty. I am not basically WFH permanently so it wouldnt be used daily. Our kid just turned 3 so is still in a convertible seat and probably will be 2 ish yrs before moving to a booster (either the 5 point or traditional one). Does anyone have experience here of car seats in the back of S550's? Someone suggested I joined some car seat group on Facebook but no way in hell am I going into that snake pit of santimommy's!

If I were to buy a new one, what is the wait time at the moment? I've heard Flat Rock is shut down, but elsewhere I read it is having two 1-week shutdowns this month. Do customer orders take precedent over generic builds? I know it is a different plant but my friend ordered a F150 a month ago and he has a VIN and build date of late June. I ask as she is specific in that she wants an orange Coupe with the black accent package and a few other specifics that aren't on any car I have found nationwide and even then it's on a used car that is more than what a new build would cost (I get X Plan).

Thanks in advance, I will probably have more questions but look forward to joining the club.
I think a car seat with a Mustang back seat would be an absolute nightmare scenario. It is simply not big enough to get in and out without a hassle. I don't even consider a back seat is even there. For me it is just a little storage cubby. I can see this car going it's whole lifetime without ever seeing a passenger in the back seat.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
My car right now worth $8k more than what i paid for it in 2016, and that's with the current mileage.

so, no... don't buy right now.

Also, if your SUV is paid off and it's running fine, don't trade it on a car you will finance, just keep it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
This going to have to decide by yourself. Are really want it right now and willing to get whatever out there this moment.
To me I would rather wait and get something I really want instead of getting something you will want to get rid of later. I have seen too many people just bought a vehicle and sell it soon after.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hi All,

Can't help you with the seat, but is this what you're looking for? Maybe a little outside your range, but it is fairly loaded.

https://www.santeeford.com/new-Manning-2021-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost+Premium-1FA6P8TH1M5109507

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I agree that if you can get a new Ecoboost now for X Plan, and you were planning to get an Ecoboost for your wife anyway, it makes more sense to buy the new car now and hold off on the used Bullitt. Hopefully, the used market will settle sooner than later.

There sure are some uninformed opinions on here about child car seats. You can absolutely fit a forward facing car seat in the back of a Mustang and your young child will enjoy it back there for many years. Once they are about 5, they can climb back there and buckle themselves in (with an adult to tighten the belts.) This makes it much less of a pain to be in a two door car.

My wife is 5'7" and she can sit comfortably in front of my daughter. Even me, at 6'2", can sit in front of my daughter for an hour or two with minimal issues.

Good luck with your decision!

20200930_184639.jpg
Sponsored