chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg
What's involved with removing the panel?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What's involved with removing the panel?

FYI, there shouldn't be any modifications required on that panel (I saw an older post saying they had to Dremel it ...), it's totally compatible across all models, there's not even a different on coupes vs. convertibles (I have one on my GT vert).

It's a bit of a PITA, some trim tools will help, you remove the trunk liner, there's a couple of screws, then you have try pry it "down", it has metal clips at the top that secure it to the trunk.

You can either pull the panel out of the clips, leaving them, or squeeze them down / remove them, since the new panel comes with clips already installed - beware, they can fall inside the trunk lid, like between the sheet metal, I had to buy a long magnetic pickup, and managed to fish one out :D

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
^^^ The OE panel comes off easily; but the plain FP back panel has a couple of plastic tabs that need to be ground off. Look in the middle of this thread, there's a pic. My Bullitt trunk lid didn't have holes for the tabs on the Ford Performance panel. Easy fix, but it definitely didn't fit mine w/o cutting the extra tabs off

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
^^^ The OE panel comes off easily; but the plain FP back panel has a couple of plastic tabs that need to be ground off. Look in the middle of this thread, there's a pic. My Bullitt trunk lid didn't have holes for the tabs on the Ford Performance panel. Easy fix, but it definitely didn't fit mine w/o cutting the extra tabs off
Oh yeah, I found the post, weird, that must be specific to the Bullit? Seems odd they'd have some variant like that - I think even the 15-17 FP blank panel (the one that didn't have MY18+ style channels) I thought was totally compatible across every S550.

It does look like a pretty quick/easy fix if you get it removed and see there's not matching holes for those tabs though. :like:

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone thought to try a 3D Print of the infamous dog bowl in a slightly scaled down version and only the cross hairs or only "BULLITT" minus the cross hairs?
Maybe one of you young pups can whip up a photoshop? just curious.....
I do like what some have done with the Letters on a fresh deck lid.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Mine .....re&re was Bout 20 min!! No drilling/grinding! I just opened a beer and admired it!! 2019BULLITT

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg
I think your set up is clean but I think the "dog bowl" lol looks good on an otherwise de-badged car. I'm also of the opinion Brembos should be red no matter what the color the car is. And...

Won't it be a little bumpy on square tires?

Last edited:
OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I think your set up is clean but I think the "dog bowl" lol looks good on an otherwise de-badged car. I'm also of the opinion Brembos should be red no matter what the color the car is. And...

Won't it be a little bumpy on square tires?
Better tell Porsche to stop painting their calipers yellow 🤔 I decided on Audi Nardo gray, but *almost* went with Porsche yellow. Had my Bullitt been black, the calipers would have definitely stayed red.

UWDpdxzh.jpg

TB3ahtIh.jpg

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

uH7Y3iah.jpg
It's funny, from the thread title, I thought you took it for a walk. :sunglasses:

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
Can any one photo shop the black deck lid panel the color of the car. My photo shopping skills are meager.

The 08 had same color , I am curious

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
The black letters look sharp; nice work!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Has anyone thought to try a 3D Print of the infamous dog bowl in a slightly scaled down version and only the cross hairs or only "BULLITT" minus the cross hairs?
Maybe one of you young pups can whip up a photoshop? just curious.....
I do like what some have done with the Letters on a fresh deck lid.
I actually suggested something like this to 5Spurs the other day.