Bullitt "Dog Bowl" exorcised

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
OK, so I gave in and got the Eco-Stang off the deck lid.

Did everyone who's done this have to place each letter by hand??? The die-cut of the plastic backing on mine was terrible. I had to use the backing as a sort of guide but, in the end, I had to do each letter individually by eyeballing it.
IMG_0744.jpeg

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
OK, so I gave in and got the Eco-Stang off the deck lid.

Did everyone who's done this have to place each letter by hand??? The die-cut of the plastic backing on mine was terrible. I had to use the backing as a sort of guide but, in the end, I had to do each letter individually by eyeballing it.
IMG_0744.jpeg
Here's a tip, but it won't do you any good now. First, determine the desired location on the back panel and blue tape something (I used a cheap plastic ruler) as a guide for the bottom. Then, before you touch the letters, apply a 2" strip of blue painters tape to their chrome face, ensuring you don't go below the bottom edge of the letters. Remove the plastic backing from the letters, and then carefully align the blue taped letters, butting against the top edge of the ruler. Press all the letters down firmly, wait 2 minutes for the PSA to set, and then remove the blue tape and finally the ruler.

Last week I did a SoCal friends Bullit in this manner... after struggling and doing mine the way you did yours Captain. The ass end of yours looks great, but I'm a bit biased:like: Ford really should have sent our cars out like this, the dog bowl isn't the most attractive design element.

I may have a KC hot rod sign painter hand paint " Bullitt", and maybe stylized target rings on yet another back panel I ordered. I'm a very sick man...

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Here's a tip, but it won't do you any good now. First, determine the desired location on the back panel and blue tape something (I used a cheap plastic ruler) as a guide for the bottom. Then, before you touch the letters, apply a 2" strip of blue painters tape to their chrome face, ensuring you don't go below the bottom edge of the letters. Remove the plastic backing from the letters, and then carefully align the blue taped letters, butting against the top edge of the ruler. Press all the letters down firmly, wait 2 minutes for the PSA to set, and then remove the blue tape and finally the ruler.

Last week I did a SoCal friends Bullit in this manner... after struggling and doing mine the way you did yours Captain. The ass end of yours looks great, but I'm a bit biased:like: Ford really should have sent our cars out like this, the dog bowl isn't the most attractive design element.

I may have a KC hot rod sign painter hand paint " Bullitt", and maybe stylized target rings on yet another back panel I ordered. I'm a very sick man...
Hey, listen: I can't tell you how many times I gave the "custom-painted Bullitt logo" idea a go through my head.

But I'm the kind of guy who'd buy a Shelby and remove all the badges, stripes, and wings.

And you're right: as nice a job as Ford did with the understated presentation, I'm not sure they could've done a worse job on the back. The only thing better would be to light it up internally with color-changing LEDs. And maybe an option to have it flash in time with the music running through your Sync 3.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Well done! And in two days no less. I thought about removing the rear emblem and replacing it with a standard GT emblem but before i do any surgery I will ask my clear bra installer if he can just place a piece of gloss black vinyl over the emblem. This way, no surgery and it is actually consistent with the original '68 movie car which just had a plain black filler cap at the rear deck.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I've been toying with doing what alleron did but I'm putting money in the jar for gt500 addition & need to slow the flow. Anyway, I'm thinking of just removing the dog bowl. How is it attached? Glued?
Or painting it black leaving the bowl alone.
Bottom line is I don't like how it looks from the factory!

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
You can't just remove it. The whole panel has to be replaced.
20190109_110428b.jpg

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Nice, Stangnut! That looks so clean. Hey, here's another idea: I visited a tint shop yesterday and they suggested Plastidipping the Bullitt emblem. This would make it more stealth and my underdtanding is that Plastidip is easily removed. Any downsides?

/Rich

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The only downside I can think of would be taping it off. Might not get a good "line". However, plastidip is cheap and easy to remove so you can always peel it off. I'd like to try it on the chrome window and grille trim.

Lots of posts about plastidip. Try a search and you'll get lots of info and pics.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ah, apologies for my high frequency-narrow band geek speak; here's an example of a Los Angeleno driving the snot out of his Mustang >>
That was, uh... insane.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Finally realized after much brain drain that the Bullitt logo on the rear is fine, it's the silver target circle that I don't like. So, I'm thinking of Krylon Fusion gloss black on these and leaving the Bullitt letters as is.