OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
THAT looks really good, almost factory and clean!

The factory S550 Ford Bullitt logo on the rear deck panel is just horrible... with your update you have made the rear of the car look 1000% better!
Thanks! All Ford OE parts, including the logo letters, so it could be OEM. I'm very happy with it and the dealer wants a pic to send to Ford.

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I just got my car this week, but I had the same idea as you awhile back while waiting. If I do it I'm going to put the letters in the lower left corner like they were on my 01.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I taped them there too, but my wife kept telling me to try it in the center to bridge the two horizontal lines. Either way, it sure beats the dog bowl.

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg
curious to see if you had done the silver calipers I bet that will look awesome

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Please share the part number for the rear panel and the lettering you used. THNX!!

I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
lrs-42528bl_4172.jpg

The emblem is from the 2001 Bullitt Ford p/n Z6342528AA. Not cheap, but I got my NOS (new old stock) emblem from LMR https://lmr.com/item/LRS-42528BL/01-Mustang-Bullitt-Trunk-Emblem If you find the emblem for less please let us know, as i need to make a up another panel for my partner in Taiwan,

The back panel is a Ford Performance part from their current catalog; I bought it from CJ Pony Parts https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ss-black-without-emblem-2015-2019/p/M16600MA/

If you want to go real slick, CJ also sells an aftermarket back panel that doesn't have the horizontal line the Ford Performance (and OE) back panel does. https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...lack-smooth-without-emblem-2015-2019/p/TPM43/ I have no idea on the quality of the aftermarket part; the Ford Performance Part fits perfectly once you grind off a few "bonus" posts on the forward face.

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just ordered the "new" no lines panel. It was on sale for $105. Should be here next week.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg
I love your solution.

Mine was getting the same bare panel (OEM part) and adding the matte black pony. My thinking was that Steve McQueen (sold separately) didn't have "BULLITT" on his car.

Having said that, I like yours better.

Happy Flying!
IMG_0677.jpg

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
If you don't like the Bullitt emblem that comes with the vehicle just debadge it then, why pay and order a different emblem?...
Wow.

OK, I didn't like the "unfinished" look of the new deck lid panel with the lines pointing to nothing. So, I "solved" it to my satisfaction.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018

uH7Y3iah.jpg
As soon as I saw this - I liked it.

I've ordered the parts and this will be the frist of the few mods that I am planning to do.
(install the Bullit tower brace and redline hood supports)

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
There are 2 posts and 2 tabs that have corresponding "holes" in the sheet metal on 18's. I don't know if it's only Bullitt's, or all '19's but the 4 holes (two slots and 2 round holes covered by black tape dots) don't exist on the Bullitt's trunk lid. The solution is easy; simply cut-off the two posts and two tabs and grind them smooth. I didn't realize this until i tired to install the new panel but it wouldn't go. Comparison of the OE and Ford Racing panels made problem apparent.

The post at the screwdriver and the adjacent tab on each side (left and right) need to be removed. Or, you could drill holes in your new Bullitt's trunk lid :cwl:

Prmbml5h.jpg
Just got mine. It's the one CJPonyParts had made just for them by Accelatec. No lines and no dimple. It doesn't have the posts you had to grind off.

EDIT: How do I rotate these images?
20181128_143212.jpg
20181128_143231b.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ That will look great! ^^^^

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Nice! Please report how the figment is..
Fitment? Not happy at all. The paneI I received doesn't line up with the tail light housings at the bottom or the trunk lid at the top. The color doesn't even match. VERY disapoimted in CJPONYPARTS. I'll put up with the dumb "lines" of the Ford Performance panel before I'll accept this piece of garbage. Waiting on them to give me the OK to send it back.

Mag918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I think it looks excellent. The factory faux gas cap with the crosshairs emblem seems gaudy and was always my least favorite feature of the s197