Sponsored

Built by ? Williams, how have they held up?

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
if there is another thread I couldn’t find it!

How is the quality control from this builder?

ECAB6C98-0AFB-4007-9BD8-4A51BE427AFC.png
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just tossing ideas around here, but based on the 350 failures that you get flamed for talking about, do you really think the builder can be held accountable for poor quality component supply ?

Let’s just pick a random example of a valve head falling off, could the builder have done anything about it and should he have his name tarnished with that failure mode ?

It’s a tricky situation, I would like to think that if a guy is happy to put his name on it he’s done the best job possible, but at the same time he doesn’t have a crystal ball to foresee all eventualities ... :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just tossing ideas around here, but based on the 350 failures that you get flamed for talking about, do you really think the builder can be held accountable for poor quality component supply ?

Let’s just pick a random example of a valve head falling off, could the builder have done anything about it and should he have his name tarnished with that failure mode ?

It’s a tricky situation, I would like to think that if a guy is happy to put his name on it he’s done the best job possible, but at the same time he doesn’t have a crystal ball to foresee all eventualities ... :like:

So you’re one of those guys. I haven’t “flamed” anyone.
It is a simple question that I was throwing out just to give me an idea what I might expect. $120k on a car gives me that option I feel.
Owners have seen minor and major issues from crossthreading or no locktight. Or lack of care or effort routing hoses or wiring harnesses.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
In the end, they are assemblers that assemble the engines from sub assembles put together by other assemblers. Don't get me wrong, my 2013 has never had a problem and is as oil tight now as it was the day I drove it off the lot with 6 miles on the odometer. If it leaked like sieve, I would blame the builder (final assembler).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry dude, didn’t mean to wind you up and didn’t think I had said anything to purposely do so ?

I just feel a bit for the builder as he may / may not have got the right materials to make his engine reliable even after doing the best job he personally could.

Anyhow only issues I have read about are guys pushing north of 1000 bhp and / or they have made some bad choices along the way (did you see the stangmode saga ?)

Sponsored

OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry dude, didn’t mean to wind you up and didn’t think I had said anything to purposely do so ?

I just feel a bit for the builder as he may / may not have got the right materials to make his engine reliable even after doing the best job he personally could.

Anyhow only issues I have read about are guys pushing north of 1000 bhp and / or they have made some bad choices along the way (did you see the stangmode saga ?)

I hear what you’re saying, I’m just looking for insight. We have salt and snow all over the place so I won’t be driving her for a few months. I plan on going over the car when it gets here Thursday, and have read quiet a bit on here to know what to look for. Just trying to get a head start.
I wasn’t meaning to single out the builder, more or less trying to see what others may have noticed from this person or any.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I had the heater hose problem on my 2020, but that had nothing to do with the engine builder, it had a lot to do with whomever installs the strut tower brace and failed to check the hose routing before installing the strut tower brace.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Pred8: I have to go with WD's and Earl's points of view. If there's any part of the vehicle I have near complete faith in, that would be the engine. My hat's off to all the workers who dealt with The Germ and still built the cars but it's especially tipped to those who put our motors together. Great video if you haven't seen it.

I think we understand where you're coming from but some could have read it as singling one person out. Obviously, you were not but just sayin'.

As I'm sure many here will agree, if Ford put one of US in charge of Shelby assembly, we just might see fewer hiccups. I vote for Earl. <smile> JMHO...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
considering the only real failures were a defective valve, id say your in the clear

Sponsored
OP
OP
PRED8RR

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be more concerned about the line workers than the guy or gal assembling the engine.
Very true statement. I’ve worked at GM in Ontario unfitting th
considering the only real failures were a defective valve, id say your in the clear
Pred8: I have to go with WD's and Earl's points of view. If there's any part of the vehicle I have near complete faith in, that would be the engine. My hat's off to all the workers who dealt with The Germ and still built the cars but it's especially tipped to those who put our motors together. Great video if you haven't seen it.

I think we understand where you're coming from but some could have read it as singling one person out. Obviously, you were not but just sayin'.

As I'm sure many here will agree, if Ford put one of US in charge of Shelby assembly, we just might see fewer hiccups. I vote for Earl. <smile> JMHO...
Appreciate the feedback, I’ll check out that video for sure. I’m mainly an observer but I’ll second Earl from what I see on here!

thsnks