Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Not sure what SOP is? Sorry I’m horrible with these acronyms.. lol
Only thing I care about is that they don’t drill the holes for the front plate, pissed me off for 6 years on my 15!
Standard Operating Procedure - sorry.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s mine! I’ll take the 10r80 please 😁

7CCFE8E1-39B2-4F0D-A5CF-F5B83229F16A.png

27457FFD-2528-48BA-956F-5FBDBAA370FC.png
That’s exactly my combo with the 700a package $57k
It’s a little hard to swallow since I just paid off my 15 GT premium that I paid $34k for new! It has really nice, tasteful mods, ~$10k worth over the years
Guess it’s all part of the sickness... lol

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, if not taking your car to the track, I’d definitely go for the base model. Aftermarket replica wheels are always really close in appearance and usually weigh a bit less... super cheap too

if you’re planning to just daily drive it, I’d honestly go for a 9.5 or 10” square setup with tire sizes to match. If you aren’t tracking the car, there’s not much need for super wide tires... they’ll just cost you more on a regular basis

I plan to get some narrower replica wheels for my HP car to street drive on, and save the 19x11s for track use only. Might be able to get a solid year out of the cup2s that way LOL

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
That was pretty fun, nice work!

I love Fighter Jet Grey

download (1).png

download.png

But Twister Orage really talks to me...
download (2).png

download (3).png

I'm sure I just built a 70K mustang :crackup: :cwl:
Has anyone seen the JFG in person and know how it compares in shade to the Toyota Tacoma I see on the road? I'd prefer a slightly lighter shade. I'm going to go to a nearby dealer to look closely at Iconic Silver. I'm also considering that color which is on several models already.

Sponsored

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Yeah, if not taking your car to the track, I’d definitely go for the base model. Aftermarket replica wheels are always really close in appearance and usually weigh a bit less... super cheap too

if you’re planning to just daily drive it, I’d honestly go for a 9.5 or 10” square setup with tire sizes to match. If you aren’t tracking the car, there’s not much need for super wide tires... they’ll just cost you more on a regular basis

I plan to get some narrower replica wheels for my HP car to street drive on, and save the 19x11s for track use only. Might be able to get a solid year out of the cup2s that way LOL
Great ideas. Thanks.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Great ideas. Thanks.
I wonder if you go with the performance wheels from Ford (rumored to be a $200 up charge when you delete the stock wheels) if Ford will allow all to be the same size? I like the idea of 9.5" on all four wheels for the street. If you are not tracking, no need for a 2nd set of wheels and you can rotate tires.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wonder if you go with the performance wheels from Ford (rumored to be a $200 up charge when you delete the stock wheels) if Ford will allow all to be the same size? I like the idea of 9.5" on all four wheels for the street. If you are not tracking, no need for a 2nd set of wheels and you can rotate tires.
Yeah, that would be a no. Ford does not offer different sizes for wheels of the same kind. If you want a square setup just take the standard wheels and buy a set of aftermarket ones.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that would be a no. Ford does not offer different sizes for wheels of the same kind. If you want a square setup just take the standard wheels and buy a set of aftermarket ones.
That's a bummer but understandable.

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The issue I have with the color offerings is more than half are what I'd call a little too flashy-bright for the older guys. Silver, black, white are about all I probably can drive without getting the stupid mid-life crisis look... That's why I'd like to see some of the darker metallic paints offered with the white stripe. Maybe I'm the only guy that is looking for this...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The issue I have with the color offerings is more than half are what I'd call a little too flashy-bright for the older guys. Silver, black, white are about all I probably can drive without getting the stupid mid-life crisis look... That's why I'd like to see some of the darker metallic paints offered with the white stripe. Maybe I'm the only guy that is looking for this...
This is why I went Black
I don’t like to much attention or the car to be to busy. I loved the Fighter Jet Grey but just couldn’t do it for that reason, too busy.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Vielen Dank :cool:

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
This is why I went Black
I don’t like to much attention or the car to be to busy. I loved the Fighter Jet Grey but just couldn’t do it for that reason, too busy.
I thought the fighter jet grey would look nice with black calipers and the white stripe. Orange just too flashy for me...
Sponsored