Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Here is fighter jet grey, white stripe and black out lights I think sharper looking than the orange.

Fighter Jet with white stripe and black out.png
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hi,
Got a couple of questions that I'm hoping folks can help me with.
- The color palett is really lacking IMHO. The lack of any dark metalic colors is a major drawback. I'd like to see the red, blue and grey colors added as well as a dark green (doesn't need to be the Bullitt color). What is the chance of this happening?
- The stripe combos are also quite restrictive. I'd prefer not to introduce a third color with the stripe. I would like to see a clear stripe where the 3rd color is placed today and let the body color shine through. Another option is to allow white on white, red on red and orange on orange. I assume they are the same colors but not a deal breaker if not. I don't understand why limiting the customer is a play for Ford.
- Are the blackout options for the rear tail side marker and head lights an option?

As it stands today, the only colors I would consider are white and silver. I'm not excited about introducing red in the stripe and I would want the light blackout and black calipers. I attached a pic of the white. Silver would essentially be the same.
Yep.

Color/stripe choices are but one of many buzzkills for me regarding this car. When the order guide came out and I saw that silver (the only color I'd want of the few) came with the red accented stripes (the white would look cleaner), it was yet another no in my book. No matter, no CPC 5.2 and black interiors killed it for me to start.

Let people have more color choices, and you'll have more takers.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
1606160508239.png

Yep, I like it.
Yes definitely!! I am looking to get the base but are the handling package wheels available with the base? I am seeing different wheel options and I am hoping for different wheels on the base then what is the standard offering.....Thanks!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes definitely!! I am looking to get the base but are the handling package wheels available with the base? I am seeing different wheel options and I am hoping for different wheels on the base then what is the standard offering.....Thanks!!
Based on the current order guide there is only one optional wheel for both the 600A & 700A cars.
19” X 9.5” (F) 19” X 10” (R) Magnetic-painted Aluminum Wheel 64S

The handling package info will not be out until next year. I doubt a special package wheel will be made available separately but if it it is we will know at that time.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Handling package wheels will be exclusive to the handling package, no doubt about it. However, it won’t be long after the car comes out that companies like LMR will start making replicas. I plan on getting a narrower set of reps to throw some more durable tires on so I can keep them for street driving and use the wide tires for the track

Last edited:

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Actually, I'd like the base model, then add either PP2 wheels or LMR repo PP2 wheels, and add either the HP splitter and spoiler, or repos.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I want the 6 speed from the GT350. Don't think you can get this on the GT. So either you settle on the transmission on the GT (not an option in my book) or you settle on the color/stripe combos on the Mach 1 (less pain, but honestly I don't think I can do this either). It sux that when I finally can drop $60K on a fun car, I can't get what excites me. I'm sitting this out if things don't change.
Although your feelings are totally understandable it is unlikely Ford is going to build a car exactly to your liking. Some things may change for 2022 but no one expects any changes at this point for 2021.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m expecting a color option change for 2021 personally. They’re going to be pushing a revised order guide in January anyways, and the colors are already available on the GT. Hopefully they do go through with that, because while I HATE to go another year without a Mustang, I’d hate even more to buy a car that I get bored with looking at or sitting in

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I'd like the base model, then add either PP2 wheels or LMR repo PP2 wheels, and add either the HP splitter and spoiler, or repos.
I’d say this is the direction MOST Mach 1 buyers should go in. I see a lot of people looking to get the handling package, but very few of them aim to actually take the car to the track where it can be put to use, and rather just want the look of the HP. It’d be cheaper and in the end better to just go with a base and add the spoiler and splitter

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Although your feelings are totally understandable it is unlikely Ford is going to build a car exactly to your liking. Some things may change for 2022 but no one expects any changes at this point for 2021.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That may be so. If there are no changes, one less vehicle they need to worry about selling.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I've got my sights set on buying the Mach 1 (first car for myself in years) and need some advice. I don't anticipate taking it to the track much, if at all, and intend to drive it regularly (no weather concerns here in San Diego). Not a track guy yet but that may be in the future. So the dilemma is that I really like the HP wheels but don't need anything else, certainly not the Cup 2's at $500.00 a pop with their 3-5K tread life. Are those LMR wheels usually made very close replicas because that sounds like a good option. I've also thought about a square wheel fitment using the front sizes of the HP 305/30/19 all the way around, or the 275/40/19's (if they happen to be available afmkt in the HP design). Thought's? Be considerate, this is my first post. Btw. Appearance package or maybe Iconic Silver with red stripes and calipers will be my choice.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've got my sights set on buying the Mach 1 (first car for myself in years) and need some advice. I don't anticipate taking it to the track much, if at all, and intend to drive it regularly (no weather concerns here in San Diego). Not a track guy yet but that may be in the future. So the dilemma is that I really like the HP wheels but don't need anything else, certainly not the Cup 2's at $500.00 a pop with their 3-5K tread life. Are those LMR wheels usually made very close replicas because that sounds like a good option. I've also thought about a square wheel fitment using the front sizes of the HP 305/30/19 all the way around, or the 275/40/19's (if they happen to be available afmkt in the HP design). Thought's? Be considerate, this is my first post. Btw. Appearance package or maybe Iconic Silver with red stripes and calipers will be my choice.
I would just buy the non-HP option then buy a set of OEM reps later.

I work with MRR consistently and the offer OEM styles in flow-formed construction with amazing finishing options. While others just offer the 3 basic finishes. See link in sig.

Good luck!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my non-HP Mach 1 with the optional wheel upgrade which I think looks very similar to the HP wheels. Only a few hundred bucks extra I think. The Red Caliper option was more $...which is dumb
Sponsored