Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
This is awesome....much appreciated!! Will it be a while before the actual 2021 configurator launches?

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
This is awesome....much appreciated!! Will it be a while before the actual 2021 configurator launches?
If you mean on a Ford build site, there won't be one. Must go to dealership to place order.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
If you mean on a Ford build site, there won't be one. Must go to dealership to place order.
Thanks!.....isn’t that odd though? Why wouldn’t ford eventually put up the build tool for the Mach 1 in addition to the regular build tool for the rest of the lineup? I’ll be buying one and pretty much know what I will order due to following the car for so long but there will be a lot of people who haven’t been following the car at all or at least maybe very little. An online configuration is the best tool to do that for everyone else.....

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thanks!.....isn’t that odd though? Why wouldn’t ford eventually put up the build tool for the Mach 1 in addition to the regular build tool for the rest of the lineup? I’ll be buying one and pretty much know what I will order due to following the car for so long but there will be a lot of people who haven’t been following the car at all or at least maybe very little. An online configuration is the best tool to do that for everyone else.....
Yeah, I don't know why, but I did my paperwork on October 17, when I traded my 500 in. Now I am just waiting for the order bank to open.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao what?? Of course there will be a configurator :facepalm: I imagine it’ll come out on Ford’s website closer to when 2021 production starts in January

Also, order banks for the Mach are already open. Handling Package is late availability though, so won’t be able to order that until January

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, I don't know why, but I did my paperwork on October 17, when I traded my 500 in. Now I am just waiting for the order bank to open.
It's normal that the build & price tool will be released after the orders banks already opened. I never really understand why carmakers are not having that in time, it's not just Ford who does this.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Lov'n this color combination .............. :inlove:
Mach1 build b.png
Mach1 build a.png

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Hi,
Got a couple of questions that I'm hoping folks can help me with.
- The color palett is really lacking IMHO. The lack of any dark metalic colors is a major drawback. I'd like to see the red, blue and grey colors added as well as a dark green (doesn't need to be the Bullitt color). What is the chance of this happening?
- The stripe combos are also quite restrictive. I'd prefer not to introduce a third color with the stripe. I would like to see a clear stripe where the 3rd color is placed today and let the body color shine through. Another option is to allow white on white, red on red and orange on orange. I assume they are the same colors but not a deal breaker if not. I don't understand why limiting the customer is a play for Ford.
- Are the blackout options for the rear tail side marker and head lights an option?

As it stands today, the only colors I would consider are white and silver. I'm not excited about introducing red in the stripe and I would want the light blackout and black calipers. I attached a pic of the white. Silver would essentially be the same.

I was ready to order, but now I'm wondering if I just wait until next year. With most customers spending north of $60K on the car, one would think there would be more choice and ability to customize.

My White Mach 1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
- The color palett is really lacking IMHO. The lack of any dark metalic colors is a major drawback. I'd like to see the red, blue and grey colors added as well as a dark green (doesn't need to be the Bullitt color). What is the chance of this happening?
- The stripe combos are also quite restrictive. I'd prefer not to introduce a third color with the stripe. I would like to see a clear stripe where the 3rd color is placed today and let the body color shine through. Another option is to allow white on white, red on red and orange on orange. I assume they are the same colors but not a deal breaker if not. I don't understand why limiting the customer is a play for Ford.
- Are the blackout options for the rear tail side marker and head lights an option?
  1. For some reason Ford decided that Antimatter Blue, Carbonized Grey and Lucid Red are not available on Mach 1s, only on GTs. I really don't get it. Especially Antimatter Blue and Carbonized Grey should look amazing on a Mach 1.
  2. Yeah it doesn't really make sense to limit the vinyls to how Ford think they should be combined.
  3. They are pretty common mods. For the headlights a little piece of vinyl does the work (don't know in which states this is legal?) and for the rear sidemirkers a lot of companies like Diode Dynamics sell them in different colors
Here's a quick mockup how Antimatter Mach 1 would have looked like:
anitmatter_m1.jpg

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Thanks. We'll have to wait to see if anything changes. I'm standing pat for now.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree man. I actually went forward and messaged Mike Levine directly about the lack of colors that are available on the GT, the stripes (not necessarily that we need more colors, but just that stripe colors shouldn’t be married to paint color, you should be able to pick independently), and the interior color being limited to 1 sold option; Black. I told him that there are a lot of prospective buyers, myself included, that are really second guessing their purchase because of the limited customizability. He responded to say he’ll pass it on, so hopefully that goes somewhere

As it stands today, the only colors I would consider are white and silver. I'm not excited about introducing red in the stripe and I would want the light blackout and black calipers. I attached a pic of the white. Silver would essentially be the same.

I was ready to order, but now I'm wondering if I just wait until next year. With most customers spending north of $60K on the car, one would think there would be more choice and ability to customize.
Lately, the silver and red has been growing on me heavily, but if I’m still stuck with black interior, I really don’t know if I’ll be willing to pull the trigger. If they at least offer interior color options, then I’ll go ahead and jump on the silver, but if they open up the color palette as well, I’m gonna have a tough time between carbonized Gray, lucid red, and antimatter blue. Here’s to hoping Ford hears our calls

My dealership has seemed a bit flakey on the Mach 1 lately, and while I REALLY want a first year Mach, I feel like I would need to wait to see what the next year offered if they don’t open up the color palette

Here's a quick mockup how Antimatter Mach 1 would have looked like:
anitmatter_m1.jpg
ACE, PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE CONFIGURATOR! God, that color would look SOOOOOO good with the handling pack wheels and red accents/interior :sigh:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks. We'll have to wait to see if anything changes. I'm standing pat for now.
Honestly you can set your sights for 2022 but what guarantees do you have that the color combinations you want would be available. Once the order books open the odds of anything changing are slim and none. They made their picks for whatever their reasons were. Now you have to choose. As my old boss used to say, "it is what it is".

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly you can set your sights for 2022 but what guarantees do you have that the color combinations you want would be available. Once the order books open the odds of anything changing are slim and none. They made their picks for whatever their reasons were. Now you have to choose. As my old boss used to say, "it is what it is".
Ehh, I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s the case, there’s still time. The handling package isn’t on the order guide either, so maybe they’ll add those options when they push the revised order guides

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ehh, I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s the case, there’s still time. The handling package isn’t on the order guide either, so maybe they’ll add those options when they push the revised order guides
Damn optimist! :rockon:
Sponsored