Sponsored

Build plate on an R is not red?

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Greetings, I'm looking at a new 2017 350GTR listed for sale. It looks like an R in every respect except for the glove box placard-it is not red and the chassis # is HXXXX insted of HRXXXX. It has: CF wheels, Red badging front and back, Red stitching on seat lining and steering wheel, Red Cobra startup logo on infotainment/nav display, CF spoiler, and Red brake calipers. In short, it appears to be an R in every way excepting the chassis build placard on the glove box. The window sticker matches as well, I pulled it directly from the Ford website and it looks legit. I tried to find another R that has this, but no dice. Any ideas?
Sponsored

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
The only other difference that I know of it to look at the radiator opening they are different R to non-R.

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Per my original post, I looked up the VIN and compared it to the window sticker tool on Ford's website. It looks legit. I am in active negotiations for this car, and I asked the dealership the same question-I'm waiting to hear back. I'll post a link when I know more.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Greetings, I'm looking at a new 2017 350GTR listed for sale. It looks like an R in every respect except for the glove box placard-it is not red and the chassis # is HXXXX insted of HRXXXX. It has: CF wheels, Red badging front and back, Red stitching on seat lining and steering wheel, Red Cobra startup logo on infotainment/nav display, CF spoiler, and Red brake calipers. In short, it appears to be an R in every way excepting the chassis build placard on the glove box. The window sticker matches as well, I pulled it directly from the Ford website and it looks legit. I tried to find another R that has this, but no dice. Any ideas?
Probably because there is no such thing as a 350GTR?? :doh: ;)

The window sticker does show it's an R. The incorrect badge should add $40k at least! j/k
1w.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Sorry, brain-farted that...they quoted me $84K, which I'm pretty sure I could get a 2018 for that if I searched hard enough. I want to send greedy, short-sighted dealers like this that don't know their market this article in hopes it gets to their sales manager, but it's probably a waste of time.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33162/when-dealers-attack/

Friendly suggestion: Please try to read the whole post before posting a reply-I said I had the window sticker (which by proxy means I had the vin too) in the first post.

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
For it to be an R the placard must start with HR

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Looking at everything it seems like it is actually an R. The VIN kind of ends all questions about it. FATP on Rs vs FA6P on no-Rs. Looks like a mistake at the factory with the dash placard but everything else looks legit.

It also looks like it's sitting a little high. How much you wanna bet they left the shipping blocks in place on the springs?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Looking at everything it seems like it is actually an R. The VIN kind of ends all questions about it. FATP on Rs vs FA6P on no-Rs. Looks like a mistake at the factory with the dash placard but everything else looks legit.

It also looks like it's sitting a little high. How much you wanna bet they left the shipping blocks in place on the springs?
This

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
It has a build date of 03/24/17. The dealer has been sitting on it for almost a year. He ought to be discounting it below MSRP.

The Monroney sticker does not show the Sold To dealer in the lower left corner.

The dealer has it listed for $99k, guess that explains why it has sat for so long.
Sponsored

Last edited: